Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

Mamma Mia Here We Go Again was a good fun sequel (or prequel if you prefer). If you are an ABBA fan or a fan of the original you won't be disappointed. It wasn't amazing but good easy watching entertainment.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (again) - Still lacks content, but dinosaurs, so... yay!

Ocean's 8 - Poor. I wasn't a massive fan of the George Clooney ones but this isn't a patch on them. A great cast (and Rihanna) wasted by poor script and story.

Skyscraper - Cliched, over-the-top, predictable, but not boring. I'll probably never watch this again as it was very 'meh' but it passed the time i needed it to!

Incredibles 2 (twice) - More than worthy sequel to the original. Great fun and how a Fantastic 4 movie should be :P Can't recommend this enough!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

I've seen:

The 15:17 To Paris - Lackluster script, bad dialogue, dull characters and a desperate attempt to make a feature-length movie out of an event that lasted only a few minutes. Why Clint, why?

Tomb Raider - Great potential wasted. Cast is great but needs more 'Tomb Raider-ness', but as it stands it might have been any action heroine.

Rampage - Big dumb fun with The Rock playing another sensitive action hero but instead of saving his family he's saving a gorilla. Great opening horror scene but fails to maintain momentum from there.  And why must it always be bio-weapons? What are you gonna do, put the giant beasties on a leash??

Black Panther - Frustratingly overcrowded and overrated adventure caper starring the MCU's most boring superhero. Needed more Serkis.

Annihilation - Boring, overrated and highly ambitious pretentious sci-fi. But then again, I didn't like Garland's previous film, Ex-Machina (2015), either.

2 hours ago, nicky said:

I've seen:

The 15:17 To Paris - Lackluster script, bad dialogue, dull characters and a desperate attempt to make a feature-length movie out of an event that lasted only a few minutes. Why Clint, why?

Tomb Raider - Great potential wasted. Cast is great but needs more 'Tomb Raider-ness', but as it stands it might have been any action heroine.

Rampage - Big dumb fun with The Rock playing another sensitive action hero but instead of saving his family he's saving a gorilla. Great opening horror scene but fails to maintain momentum from there.  And why must it always be bio-weapons? What are you gonna do, put the giant beasties on a leash??

Black Panther - Frustratingly overcrowded and overrated adventure caper starring the MCU's most boring superhero. Needed more Serkis.

Annihilation - Boring, overrated and highly ambitious pretentious sci-fi. But then again, I didn't like Garland's previous film, Ex-Machina (2015), either.

You sound fun, we should go to the cinema together.

Ant Man and the Wasp- Entertaining enough, but not exactly great plot-wise. Ghost was a very under-developed villain. The main cast were all very good.

Mamma Mia 2- An enjoyable, fun movie. I really love the soundtrack. Sadly Cher was only in the film for pretty much only the last 15 minutes.

2001- A Space Odyssey- Finally watched this movie, and it is now one of my all time favourites :thumbup:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

On 04/08/2018 at 12:09 AM, wjbleming said:

No, don't let broo know you said that about her Henry!!! ;)

On 03/08/2018 at 11:49 PM, Raylenth said:

Justice League.  Poo poo with some bat guano mixed in.

In total agreement with @Raylenth, whilst I felt parts of it were done well and the actors all great, on the whole, pants film imho. Sadface.

Edited by Broo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Broo said:

In total agreement with @Raylenth, whilst I felt parts of it were done well and the actors all great, on the whole, pants film imho. Sadface.

But the CGI moustache removal on Cavill was so bad. It made him look like he had a weird plastic face. As for the movie, it was SO bad I’m still having flashbacks

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

But the CGI moustache removal on Cavill was so bad. It made him look like he had a weird plastic face. As for the movie, it was SO bad I’m still having flashbacks

I have

450_1000.jpg

no idea

cHoeTpU.jpg

what you mean...

85B5z90.jpg

No seriously I agree again totally, and weird melted plastic face CGI was just one of many problems with the film. A majorly distracting and irritating one, but one of many all the same.

Poor Henry :lol:

• Haha 1

Mission Impossible: Fallout (Over a Moustache) Enjoyed the new MI film, without or without tachegate! lol 

Ant Man & The Wasp: Really enjoyed the film and was a nice breather compared to IW.

The Equalizer: Haven't seen many films like this recently, but it was a good change to all the superhero films we've seen recently and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel, mixed reviews or not.

Mr. Holmes: Really enjoyed this! Don't see many dramas myself for whatever reason but thought Sir Ian McKellan was really good in this!

On 04/08/2018 at 12:05 AM, Matthewman said:

Just finished Happy Death Day. Enjoyed it. Great spin on groundhog day ;)

I know the whole concept means that she has to be a bit annoying (so through the repeated days she can learn to be a better person, blah blah blah), but I would have preferred it if she had just kept on dying until she was dead.