Raylenth

Films watched in 2018

Ready Player One was very good. I wasn't sure what to expect but it had some amazing effects and about a billion pop culture references (but if you blink you'll miss some).

• Like 1

Currently watching I, Tonya.

Flight.  Interesting film, nice graphics of the plane.

The movie Midnight Sun was a good yet very sad drama. Great performance from Bella Thorne and a good one from Arnie's son Patrick too. The story has been seen before on screen plenty of times, but this was still a good watch.

12 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Currently watching I, Tonya.

I hope you liked it :smile:

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Flight.  Interesting film, nice graphics of the plane.

That does sound interesting :smile:

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

The movie Midnight Sun was a good yet very sad drama. Great performance from Bella Thorne and a good one from Arnie's son Patrick too. The story has been seen before on screen plenty of times, but this was still a good watch.

I don't like sad films :(

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, natedammit said:

That does sound interesting :smile:

It was.  I recommend it if you have run out of paint to watch drying.

Edited by Raylenth

Pandorum (2009) A sci-fi survival horror.

Good story, but not well executed.

It was enjoyable nonetheless; if you liked the "Dead Space" fps games you will like this.

A Wrinkle in Time - Was confused throughout and wish I enjoyed it.

Peter Rabbit - Loved it! Thought it was super funny!

Tomb Raider - Thought it was great! Will definitely see again! 

The Ritual (2017) Four British lads on a hiking holiday in Sweden take an ill-advised short-cut through the forest...tense and scary; recommended.

Ready Player One (2018). Highly entertaining as you might expect and has a good message behind it.

I suspect THAT chair could well be a prop in future Showmasters photoshoots!

Ready Player One. Very good, really enjoyed it! All the references made it more enjoyable to spot them! Only thing I found was it was predictable. Was talking about it the other week and got the end close to right.

• Like 2

Caught Ready Player One on Friday, didn't have much expectation for it going in tbh but was pleasantly surprised.

Also looked great in IMAX!

Saw A Winkle in Time on Sunday.  It was not as bad as I was expecting especially after having read a number of not very flattering reviews about the movie.  The only down side was a screaming and crying 6/7 year old four rows down constantly making a noise.

Then saw "Ready Player One" again and enjoyed it even more second time around.  Ended up spotting more 80's references i missed including the Gremlin. which was added without Spielberg's knowledge.

Moulin Rouge - Besides three songs (two of which are covers) and Ewan McGregor's smile this is a terrible and highly annoying film.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - S'alright.

My Neighbour Totoro - All films should be this film.

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Moulin Rouge - Besides three songs (two of which are covers) and Ewan McGregor's smile this is a terrible and highly annoying film.

You clearly love a musical.

Which songs were good?

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You clearly love a musical.

Which songs were good?

Your Song is a good song done quite well. Roxanne is a good song that just about worked the way they did it. Come What May is a good song (although it only seemed to be in it in short bursts). Obviously there were other good songs in it, just done badly. Jim Broadbent 'singing' Like a Virgin was particularly grating. Nicole Kidman doing anything was bad.

16 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Your Song is a good song done quite well. Roxanne is a good song that just about worked the way they did it. Come What May is a good song (although it only seemed to be in it in short bursts). Obviously there were other good songs in it, just done badly. Jim Broadbent 'singing' Like a Virgin was particularly grating. Nicole Kidman doing anything was bad.

I may have Come What May on my ipod.  Or not.

I liked the Children Of The Revolution version.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I may have Come What May on my ipod.  Or not.

I, however, do have Come What(ever) May by Stone Sour on mine. ;)

.... Yeah, I'll just leave now. Just ignore me. :P

• Like 1

Justice League. I liked it, but I'll be that girl and say it's blatantly obvious that it was written and directed by men, when you compare Wonder Woman's outfit designs to the ones in her own movie. But maybe that's just me... :rolleyes:

Just out of seeing A Quiet Place. Bloody fantastic! Great movie!

19 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Just out of seeing A Quiet Place. Bloody fantastic! Great movie!

Hoping to see this soon! Like my horror movies and have heard so many good things about it!

3 hours ago, Tony1975 said:

Hoping to see this soon! Like my horror movies and have heard so many good things about it!

Do, Tony, it really is great! (And you can take Stephen King's backing, too! ;) ‪https://twitter.com/stephenking/status/982362520773017600?s=21‬ )

The movie Love, Simon was a very good and different comedy/drama which certainly makes you think. It certainly has moments everyone can relate to.