Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

2 hours ago, ChloeLou said:

I liked that film, but I didn't understand the ending... :huh:

I get the ending - he was infected by his son before he could enact his plan and became one of the 'phoners' which is why we saw him running in the circle with the others, but in his mind he had detonated the bomb and saved the day - it was just silly.  Why were they all running in a circle?  There was no reason, and if in his mind he detonated the bomb why did he then envision they survived and where on the way to Canada.  It was like a dream in a dream.

Also in his 'vision' his kid said 'where are we going again?'  To which he replied 'A place called Canada'.  Now his son isn't an idiot, he showed no evidence of a very low IQ in the film so I'm sure he's heard of Canada before.

Also having read the synopses of the book they really didn't adapt it very well at all. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I get the ending - he was infected by his son before he could enact his plan and became one of the 'phoners' which is why we saw him running in the circle with the others, but in his mind he had detonated the bomb and saved the day - it was just silly.  Why were they all running in a circle?  There was no reason, and if in his mind he detonated the bomb why did he then envision they survived and where on the way to Canada.  It was like a dream in a dream.

Also in his 'vision' his kid said 'where are we going again?'  To which he replied 'A place called Canada'.  Now his son isn't an idiot, he showed no evidence of a very low IQ in the film so I'm sure he's heard of Canada before.

Also having read the synopses of the book they really didn't adapt it very well at all. 

I watched it for John Cusack, to be honest. I liked it. That's what I didn't understand, either, why was everyone running in a circle? That's the part that mainly confused me... I think I remember his vision part, but I haven't seen it in ages!

I saw Christopher Robin, Crazy Rich Asians, The Meg and Searching yesterday. My favourites were definitely Searching (I highly recommend this one) and Christopher Robin, but also very much enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've been thinking of watching it (never really been a fan of the Winnie the Pooh books) but because I've only heard positive things about it I may have to. :D 

Yeah it’s a nice film and it’s got quite a few Doctor Who actors in it Peter Capaldi, Mark Gatiss etc :whistling:

Highlander (1986)

My daughter is playing "Detroit" on PS4 and loves the voice acting of Clancy Brown, so I suggested she watch Highlander with me.

She usually scoffs at my film choices but she really enjoyed it!

• Like 2

On 8/22/2018 at 7:57 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Doctor Who actors? I'm sold! :P

If I can, I will try to watch it. :D

I knew Peter was in it, but I didn't know about Gatiss.

Adrian Scarborough is in it as well who played Kahler Jex :D

• Like 1

Christopher Robin- A very fun and enjoyable movie. I instantly fell in love with Pooh and the others. 

Slender Man- Utter drivel. Constant cheap jumpscares, irritating dream sequences every 5 minutes and awful characters. There is nothing redeeming about this film (except for the fact that my friend and I got a good laugh out of it).

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Christopher Robin- A very fun and enjoyable movie. I instantly fell in love with Pooh and the others. 

Slender Man- Utter drivel. Constant cheap jumpscares, irritating dream sequences every 5 minutes and awful characters. There is nothing redeeming about this film (except for the fact that my friend and I got a good laugh out of it).

What did you think to Peter’s accent in the film? :lol:

Today I watched The Fly. I absolutely love this film. The acting is fantastic and the dialogue is brilliant. The practical effects on show throughout the movie are absolutely stunning, cementing Cronenberg as one of the great horror directors in my mind. Jeff Goldblum is also my favoutite actor ever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

So today I watched The Fly.

Ive just noticed the time. Technically I watched it yesterday. :P 

Also, I said I'm binging Goldblum's films. I'm just going to watch one every now and then, I'm not going to stick to a routine of watching one a day or anything or like that.

• Like 1