Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

18 minutes ago, only_jay said:

Revisited Blade Runner 2049 for the first time since I saw it in the cinema yesterday, still love it.

Great film!

When you say "revisited", do you just mean that you watched it again?

On 02/07/2018 at 7:40 AM, only_jay said:

Finally got round to watching Dunkirk found it to be incredibly disappointing!

I felt exactly the same- waste of a good cast. Nolan needs to get over himself and go back to basics

2 hours ago, SSiebum said:

I liked it but lots of scenes were very dark which made it hard to see what was going on really. 

I guess there was a lot of scenes in confined spaces where the power was out.

Glad you liked it anyway.

• Like 1

Yesterday I've seen "Game Night' an absurd crime comedy, liked it very much, it was so absurd and the action was that good that is was funny.

Also seen 'Pacific Rim, uprising' needless to say the first one was better, but it was entertaining, mindless action and great visual effects. 

The Incredibles - Decided to rewatch it ready for the new one as I haven't seen it in so long, enjoyed it! Hard to believe it came out 14 years ago!

The Incredibles 2 - So good! Found it so funny and entertaining I would go as far to say better than the first too!

Star Trek Into Darkness - Massive fan of the new films and although this one has a bad rep I still enjoy it, the ST films have one of the best casts imo. Was hoping it would help me make a decision on getting Petter Weller and i'm still no nearer to making a decision :laugh:

3 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Skyscraper - Standard action film was standard. lol I liked it.

The First Purge - Enjoyed this as well. As Daniel said, it was interesting to see how the Purge started.

I'm definately going to check out Skyscraper! I saw the trailer advertise on television the other day. It looks great!

I'm a little bit behind on film watching :WINCE: But did get round to seeing Jumunji: welcome to the jungle. Watched with parents. There was a slight difference of opinion. I enjoyed it as much as the original , my step-dad more or less agreed with me. My mother liked the new one more apparently....

Mother! (2017)

I had been meaning to see this for quite sometime, but have only just gotten around to watching it. To be honest, I loved it! Guaranteed the ending confused me a bit, but after looking into it, it does make sense... If you haven't seen it, definately do!

I thought the movie Skyscraper was good. It was basically Die Hard meets the Towering Inferno in a futuristic building but it certainly contained enough action and some excellent effects to keep anyone entertained.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Tomb Raider (2018)

A film of two halves- thought the build-up was very good, but when they got to the island it flagged a bit.

I wish it would've been closer to the game.

The big plus point was that Alicia Vikander was very good in it.