Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

On Thursday, February 08, 2018 at 2:12 PM, natedammit said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - This franchise just isn't for me I guess. Just like the first one I got bored, but I did prefer the ending what with the emotion and all.

Kong: Skull Island - I liked some bits, but mostly kinda rubbish.

Lego Batman - Nowhere near as enjoyable as the first, but fine.

Into the Woods - I enjoyed it on the whole, but just because actors can carry a tune it doesn't mean they can emote through song (I'm looking at you Kendrick, Blunt and Corden).

Beauty and the Beast - Emma Watson is a terrible actress. Just awful. The beast looked more realistic in the original animation. A disappointing film all round.

I also watched films with the initials 'WBA 2' and 'TROUS' but I can't remember what they were. Any ideas?

Lol opposite to me and my husband..... we LOVE Guardians and couldnt stand Into the woods.  

Darkest Hour...time of my life that  i will never get back again..... did not like it at all.   So wanted to like it but i personally think could have been so much better.

Edited by HeartDT

46 minutes ago, only_jay said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Found it quite enjoyable if not dumb in parts, think I preferred it to the first JW as well!

Sums me up pretty well.  I thought it was better as the mains are less annoying and stereotyped in this one but in a film series where every plot is silly, this one was especially silly and the ending was stupid.

Edited by Raylenth

Cinema

A Quiet Place - Nice concept but ultimately a standard monster horror story with less talking! Still enjoyed it though and would watch again.

Avengers: Infinity War - My film of the year so far and honestly I think it'll be hard to beat. Definitely now my favourite Marvel movie. Thanos is the best comic book villain we have seen and this is his movie. The film handles the multiple big personalities of all the leads from the MCU really well with nearly everyone getting their turn to shine. I realise this is no record, but I saw it 4 times (which is a lot for me!) and can't wait to watch it again!

Deadpool 2 - A great sequel for the franchise but not quite as good as the first. I laughed from the opening to end of the credits and Ryan Reynolds does a great job again of bring the merc with a mouth on the screen. The story wasn't amazing but was still an enjoyable watch.

Solo: A Star Wars Story - This one didn't do much for me. It was ok. Nothing offensive to the universe, but nothing really stood out as an awesome scene that will stay in my memory forever, and even The Last Jedi had that! Very standard action film that was entertaining enough. Donald Glover did a great job as Lando (as he does with everything he touches!) but Alden Ehrenreich just was not Han Solo for me.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom -- This was basically what I expected it to be. None of the Jurassic Park sequels have managed to be as good as the first but this one doesn't take last place for me either (JP3 still easily holds that title). I was hoping the story might have moved further along than it had since the last Jurassic World and it seemed to tread over a lot of the same ground as it and a couple of the other movies, but it still had dinosaurs and dinosaurs are cool, so I liked it.

Home  

Making Fun: The Story of Funko - I don't collect any Funkos but I do enjoy documentaries on Netflix! This was kinda cool. Was nice to see how the business got started and grew to the monster we all know it to be today. They have been around a lot longer than I realised, and the recent HQ in the states looks amazing!

I, Tonya - I really enjoyed this, and that's something I never thought I'd say about an ice skating movie! A bit more violent than I was expecting and the characters are as messed up as they are funny, and considering it's based on real events, that's not cool! If you can handle every other word being a curse word and strong themes of violence then give this a watch.

Black Panther - Hadn't seen this since my first watch at the cinema. Still a really good film and great edition to the MCU. 

• Like 1

Home:

Wolf Creek (2005) - It was okay. However, it could have been better.

The Autopsy Of Jane Doe (2016) - Loved it! Creepy and suspenseful. I haven't seen anything like this before!

Cargo (2017) - Loved it! It wasn't a typical zombie film, so I liked that about it. Very good!

Darkest Hour (2017)

It dragged in places but Gary Oldman was outstanding and I also enjoyed Ben Mendelsohn's turn as King George VI.

The climactic moment is Winston's magnificent speech to the Commons on 4th June-stirring stuff!

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was amazing. The effects were fantastic and it certainly had the tension of the other Jurassic movies. It wasn't as good as Jurassic World or the original Jurassic Park, but still pretty fantastic.

1 hour ago, Kurdamoni said:

Just saw Jurassic World: fallen kingdom, liked it very much! Very entertaining and enjoyable! Altho there are a lot of similaraties with ‘the lost world’ 

For example: they both feature dinosaurs.

A Quiet Place - Not normally my kind of movie but heard great things and i'm a sucker for Emily Blunt. Thought it was awesome and was on the edge of my seat!

Ocean's 8 - Wasn't bad but wasn't good either wont be any rush to see it again.

Hereditary was ridiculously overrated. This was called the greatest horror since The Exorcist really?? I would recommend watching the first hour which was quite good and then switch off. You won't miss anything.

Fantastic Beasts AWTFT.  Really enjoyed it, though I thought the plot was a bit lacking in details/resolution and Tina seemed rather lacking in magic skills for an Ex Auror.

Edited by Raylenth