Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

17 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Yeah I really enjoyed the second one as well! The first one for me is fairly average. 

Bailee Madison was fantastic in this!

I'm definitely going to check out the first one, though, since I enjoyed the second one. :smile:

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Yesterday I saw "Solo: A Star Wars Story". Ron Howard really did a great job. I give it 9.5 out of 10. 

Natalie Dormer's in it, isn't she? That's why you gave it a high score, isn't it? ;)

8 hours ago, Law-dono said:

Solo was great, story was good and the casting was perfect. Overall it might be worth going to see again.

Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear your detailed thoughts on the movie (I guess when a spoiler topic opens up) because I  was very disappointed. I've loved almost everything SW has put out over the years, be it the prequels, sequels, tv shows, books, games. But this... felt like bad fanservice at Its worst, and a serviceale sci fi movie at best. It just didn't strike a cord with me.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

I saw the movie Allure which was really good. It has only had a limited release so don't be surprised if you've not heard of it. It was a very hard hitting drama and another fantastic performance from Evan Rachel Wood and an equally good performance from Julia Sarah Stone.

19 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear your detailed thoughts on the movie (I guess when a spoiler topic opens up) because I  was very disappointed. I've loved almost everything SW has put out over the years, be it the prequels, sequels, tv shows, books, games. But this... felt like bad fanservice at Its worst, and a serviceale sci fi movie at best. It just didn't strike a cord with me.

What concerns me is that if they make too many of these spin-offs, a Star Wars movie won't seem like an event anymore; it'll just become a bit run-of-the-mill

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 8:45 AM, only_jay said:

Deadpool 2... Sigh.

Was massively disappointed.

Ohh no really.   I loved it!!!   Went to see it 3 times lol   guess it wouldnt do if we all liked same things tho :)

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM, Faerie Tanith said:

Summing up the movies I've seen so far in 2018 (both old and new movies)

The Greatest Showman
I, Tonya
Justice League
House of 1000 Corpses
The Devil's Rejects
Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim: Uprising
2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams
Goodfellas
Dr Chopper
The Alphabet Killer
Savannah Sunrise

I, Tonya was a huge pleasant surprise for me.  Really enjoyed it and thought casting terrific.

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:59 PM, natedammit said:

Black Panther - One of the better Marvel films. Stuck close to the tried and tested formula of a classic superhero film, but done well. 

An - A Japanese film about age, loneliness, leprosy and bean paste. So quiet and simple but so very, very good.

The Lobster - Single people get sent to a hotel where they have 45 days to find a partner or they get turned into an animal of their choosing. Don't worry though, it's much weirder than it sounds. I loved the first half, liked the second half.

I thought Black Panther was a bit   meh tbh.  I mean it was watchable but certainly not one i have watched again and wont rush to watch again.    I feel bad for not really liking it but it just didnt hit the mark for me.

On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Daniel said:

Ready Player One was very good. I wasn't sure what to expect but it had some amazing effects and about a billion pop culture references (but if you blink you'll miss some).

Yeah definately one that surprised me.  Didnt know what to expect but it was a really.good film.   Loved all the references... and there are tons as you say lol