Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

Summing up the movies I've seen so far in 2018 (both old and new movies)

The Greatest Showman
I, Tonya
Justice League
House of 1000 Corpses
The Devil's Rejects
Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim: Uprising
2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams
Goodfellas
Dr Chopper
The Alphabet Killer
Savannah Sunrise

• Like 1

Hannibal (2001)

Not quite up there with The Silence of the Lambs, but an entertaining film nonetheless. Some amazing visuals from Ridley Scott, particularly the scenes in Florence.

I shouldn't have watched it before dinner though...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Treading on thin ice there, Nate!

I tried to hate it out of respect, but it was alright. Certainly not the worst film I watched over the weekend, which would be...

Basmati Blues: This was a weird film. A musical starring Brie Larson as a scientist who develops a new type of rice together with her dad Scott Bakula (oh boy), then is sent over to India by the evil corporate types to convince the local farmers to sign contracts which it turns out are really bad deals for them, (which she must have already known) but she only gets bothered when she finds out that they don't realise how bad the deals are (because they are but simple farmers) so then she saves them all. Features random singing, borderline offensive cliches and Donald Sutherland. 

The best film I watched over the weekend was...

Miss Hokusai: This was a bit weird itself. A Japanese animation about the artist Hokusai's daughter. It helps if you know a bit about Hokusai's work already (which I do because I'm like classy and that). A bit of a strange mix of styles, but the best stuff was the relationship between 'Miss Hokusai' and her younger blind sister.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, Tony1975 said:

The Strangers: Prey At Night. I didn't think much of the first one so watched this with low expectations. Guess what? I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't too bad!

I haven't seen the first one yet. So, when I went to see Prey At Night, I hadn't seen the first film. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was intense! :smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

I haven't seen the first one yet. So, when I went to see Prey At Night, I hadn't seen the first film. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was intense! :smile:

Yeah I really enjoyed the second one as well! The first one for me is fairly average. 

• Like 1