Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

9 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

It's not the best of the best or anything, but it's worth a watch, Tony. :smile:

I'm assuming it's better than Jeepers Creepers?  Because pretty much everything is, even diarrhoea. 

The last film I saw in the cinema this year was The Greatest Showman and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as soon as I saw it at the cinema I came straight home and bought the soundtrack and pre-ordered the DVD, cant wait until it comes out in May!:D

On 3/18/2018 at 3:05 PM, R4wly97 said:

The last film I saw in the cinema this year was The Greatest Showman and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as soon as I saw it at the cinema I came straight home and bought the soundtrack and pre-ordered the DVD, cant wait until it comes out in May!:D

I really need to watch that one! 

Tomb Raider 2018. I thought it was ok. Alicia Vikander was the perfect choice as Lara and there were some great action scenes.

I however found it very disappointing about the amount of differences between the game and film. Why can't video game movies stick to the same story as the game they are supposed to be based on!?!

The new Tomb Raider was OK. I haven't seen the original and didn't play the game much, but I was interested to see how the movie was done. There were some good moments but some of it was a little predictable. Not bad but not great.

Not watched many films recently due to a holiday and TV Shows taking over, but I thought I'd do a little update anyway

Cinema:

Red Sparrow - Long. Very long. Was actually quite bored by this film. It was ok to watch once, but won't be doing it again.

Tomb Raider - I'd heard this film was better than the other TR films. It wasn't. It tried very hard to be Indiana Jones and wasn't. Story was lacking, I didn't care for any of the characters. Just not a great action/adventure movie.

Home:

Thor Ragnarok - Still hold the same view as my thoughts last year. Is ok, but too much comedy for a Thor film and the characters seemed like different people from everything they'd done before.

Muppet Guys Talking - Great documentary with 5 original Muppet performers chatting about life with Jim Henson and working on The Muppets various shows. Some great and funny stories in there. Only complaint is that it wasn't nearly long enough!!

Just seen Pacific Rim 2.  If they were going to make a franchise out of these movies like Transformers this film killed that idea.  The first film was original, this film was boring and you really didn't care about any of the characters even if there were more battling robots

15 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Jupiter Ascending - that was the worst piece of rubbish I have seen in a long time, it was very badly written and a low point on Redmayne's CV.

Totally agree-not one that Eddie will be proud of!

16 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Jupiter Ascending - that was the worst piece of rubbish I have seen in a long time, it was very badly written and a low point on Redmayne's CV.

It says a lot when my brother and I were the only ones in the screening when we went to see it. lol

• Haha 2

Really enjoyed "Ready Player One" especially in 3D.   Spielberg is just the absolute master when it comes to film making. 

Even at a running time of 2hr 20 mins it felt shorter as you get so caught up watching it. 

It was fun spotting all the 70/80's nostalgia and references especially  if like me you grew up in that period. 

Critics will probably hate it but it'll certainly be in my Top 5 films of the year.