Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

Black Panther - Really enjoyed the movie. The acting, costumes and characters were all great!

Deliver Us From Evil - Decent movie, but it had a lot of false jump scares in the first half of the movie.

The Visit - Great return to form for M. Night Shyamalan. Great movie!

• Like 1

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Have somehow managed to avoid seeing this over the years.

Good film- I can see why it was controversial at the time of its original release. The most shocking thing I found was the early '70s interior design (shudders).

The most interesting part for me was how Alex was processed by the prison system. Malcolm McDowell was great in this; he's a very charismatic actor.

It was weird to see Steven Berkhoff looking so young (and the guy from Robert's Robots was in it too-if you're under 50 google it :-D)

I thought The Shape of Water was fantastic. It seemed like a new version of Beauty and the Beast, but certainly a very good version. Its sci-fi, romance and politics made this the best Oscar nominee I have seen so far. Doug Jones has come a long way from the lead Gentleman in Buffy (I hope he can come to an event soon after the disappointment of him cancelling LFCC last year)

19 minutes ago, Spacecadet is here said:

Just seen Red Sparrow, A really good Spy Movie which keeps you hooked... and Jennifer Lawrence Naked, Wow She knows how to keep old camels entertained. :gorgeous:

Perv.

• Haha 1

The only film I've watched at the cinema this year has been Jumanjii.  We watched it whilst in New York on a huge screen in real 4D which was a lot of fun and very different to anything I've experienced in a cinema in the UK as well as being so much better than those awful 4d cinemas you get at fairs etc.  The movements were much more exaggerated and things like the air were far more in time and with different intensities.  If you ever get to see a cinema quality 4d film I highly recommend it.  This film of course lent itself so well to that kind of viewing experience!

Besides the awesome experience (and ridiculous snack sizes you get in the States), the film itself was absolutely hilarious.  I don't think any of the actors gave a bad performance (I think the Rock just gets better with every film he does, and comedy certainly suits him).  Taking the story and updating it to be relevant to today's kids was one of the best decisions they made... absolutely loved it and cant wait for it to come out on DVD so I can enjoy it at home.

1 hour ago, gecko-markus said:

The only film I've watched at the cinema this year has been Jumanjii.  We watched it whilst in New York on a huge screen in real 4D which was a lot of fun and very different to anything I've experienced in a cinema in the UK as well as being so much better than those awful 4d cinemas you get at fairs etc.  The movements were much more exaggerated and things like the air were far more in time and with different intensities.  If you ever get to see a cinema quality 4d film I highly recommend it.  This film of course lent itself so well to that kind of viewing experience!

Besides the awesome experience (and ridiculous snack sizes you get in the States), the film itself was absolutely hilarious.  I don't think any of the actors gave a bad performance (I think the Rock just gets better with every film he does, and comedy certainly suits him).  Taking the story and updating it to be relevant to today's kids was one of the best decisions they made... absolutely loved it and cant wait for it to come out on DVD so I can enjoy it at home.

I'm available to come round your house, shake you around, blow in your face, chuck things at you and make various smells if you want to recreate that authentic 4d experience. (I charge extra for 5d).