Films watched in 2018

Raylenth

I thought the movie Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was a very good drama which certainly gets you thinking about what needs to be done to get the pubic talking and a very good performance from Frances McDormand.

The Shape of Water: Loved this! Totally bizarre film as usual from Guillermo Del Toro that's well worth a watch. They really should have made it a prequel to Hellboy. It's not. But it really could be.

Darkest Hour: Brilliant. Gary Oldman is just amazing in this. I'm not very patriotic, but this totally made me feel some British pride!

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Meh. Was ok. Story was a bit disappointing for me despite some good performances. I doubt it'll ever get a second watch from me.

The Post: Totally had it in my head this film was about something else, but was still good. Streep and Hanks were as great as ever, but another one that is unlikely to be watched again.

47 Metres Down: Another shark films with sharks not behaving as they actually would and people making stupid decisions. I love bad shark movies but this was just boring.

Technically I snuck these in the end of 2017, but I didn't write about them here:

Paddington 2: I enjoyed it very much. Good fun family film

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle: Enjoyed this a lot more than I was expecting to. Good fun adventure movie.

Just saw The Commuter which was brilliant. It certainly keeps you guessing and thinking until the end. It also had some pretty tense moments, but after watching this and Non Stop I'm never using transport that Liam Neeson is using :rolleyes:

On 20/01/2018 at 10:48 PM, Daniel said:

Just saw The Commuter which was brilliant. It certainly keeps you guessing and thinking until the end. It also had some pretty tense moments, but after watching this and Non Stop I'm never using transport that Liam Neeson is using :rolleyes:

I loved it, apart from the very end, thought it should have ended differently, with someone getting away perhaps? Can’t say a lot more without spoiling but I did enjoy it.. x

The Post was good, but it took a little too long to get going, but the ending was very exciting and a terrific end scene. Plus good performances all round. It has multiple Oscar nominations, but is it good enough to win?

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Spacecadet is here said:

Just seen The Maze Runner, death Cure. Not bad movie, plenty of action. Worth seeing. :thumbup:

Maze Runner 3: The Death Cure was pretty good. Some of it felt unnecessary but it certainly had some exciting parts. A worthy end to the trilogy.

3 hours ago, Matthewman said:

Finally got round to watching both the Kingsman movies at the weekend. Never been a huge Spy/James Bond fan, but really enjoyed both. Never though I'd find Elton John funny :)

I think Elton had the time of his life:P doing that movie 

I saw ‘face off’ With John Travolta and Nicholas Cage today, great movie, a Classic ofcource :P

• Like 1

Scars of Dracula (1970)

The last of the "period-piece" Draculas (later films were updated to swinging 70s London).

It was alright, not as good as previous entries in the series. Dennis Waterman is good on TV but he didn't really work for me as a leading man.

On a positive note, Hammer stalwart Michael Ripper was in fine form as the Innkeeper.

Winchester.. A really good movie, About the Winchester Company they employ a Doctor to Asses Lady Winchester who owns 51% of the company, The Company want the Doctor to say she is Mad, so they can take the company from her. So they send him to the Mansion, To the House that Ghosts build......  Good story, some jumpy bits too. Worth seeing 5/5 :coolthumb: