FTAO of Potential Actor's/Star's Not Interested in Comic Cons-If Showmasters could Show This to Potential Actors who may fit this genre

maxcat

Well well, is that what I hear you say? You're an actor and you're not interested in doing Comic Cons at all? Let's see if I can talk you into it. Well, first things first if you don't know what a film and comic con is it's a convention for fans of comics and a place where you can meet actors from different genres of film and tv. And it is such a big thing! It brings loads of people together as friends to catch up and meet new people! Lot's of people love to do them, they can be costly but they're so much fun! We all love to meet our heroes and to dress up (that's right!) as our favourite film and tv characters. And the dressing-up here is called cosplay, and that's a huge contributor which can attract the fans to do these shows as well as the main puller-the guests!

But why is it your not interested? Although there are tonnes and tonnes of actors out there who can potentially do these events there are a select few (or more?) who are not so keen on meeting their fans. The main reason for this could be you feel very shy or may feel very flustered about a bunch of people running after you shouting 'Can I have your autograph?' But honestly, you won't get this in a comic con. You may get people greet you on walking in and getting around from one place to another, but what's there not to like? I'm guessing your a great actor but not a great people person, well this is your time to shine and really get to know your fans. These events are always very relaxed so there is really nothing to worry about, and you'll be meeting up with other stars from other genres you could mingle with whilst you're not busy dealing with your fans, and I expect the others and the crew would be willing to help you in a convention setting your not familiar with. You may bump into people you've worked with before! However famous you are you're bound a grab a fair bit of attention!

Is it do with how busy you are? That you feel you don't have the time to possibly fit one in and you'd prefer to spend time with your family when you're not working? Consider this, the people who run these conventions and the fans are like a family and I think you should consider everybody who loves your work as extended family. Yes a lot of us like to spend time with our families but it wouldn't hurt to do something different (without being with family) for a change? A chance to meet your fans via autograph sessions and professional photoshoots, and you may also be asked to do a Q & A on a set stage. And don't forget, it doesn't matter how busy you are-I'm sure you'd be able to squeeze at least one or two convention appearances during your career. 

Is it something to do with your CV? If you're feeling your not wanting to do one because you haven't done enough in your acting career, and you possibly couldn't remember much about your work; so you could always chat to your fans about other stuff such as what they thought of your work...? Whose to know, you might bump into someone who may jog your memory.

Or could it be a travel issue I wonder...? 

Well, that's probably the main areas which may be pulling the strings into not wanting to do these? But who's to say, whatever your real reason it is up to you! But I love to meet my favourite stars, and so many others do! And so many other actors and celebrities love to meet their fans-I don't know why you shouldn't... I hope this will change your mind and some day you will headline a convention.... But really what is there not to like about comic cons and meeting your fans/heroes?

If Showmasters could Show this to Those who are Not Interested/May take a lot of persuasion to Convince them to do Comic Cons

Edited by maxcat

I'm pretty certain that Showmasters aren't going to show this to any guests Maxcat.  Most negotiations are done with agents in any case but if they did ever need proof to convince a guest to come (not that I think they ever would) they can just show them how many times they have been requested.