Star wars The Last Jedi.

Spacecadet is here

34 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

Any reviews out yet? Steve Wright on Radio 2 saw it but he isn't allowed to even say if he likes it or not!

Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns have theirs up on YouTube. Not going anywhere near any reviews myself though, don't want any preconceived judgements.

• Like 1

Ok, Saw this movie last night, Two and a half hours did go quick. However still wondering what to make of it. I liked it, but some scenes made me think Why do that.. The action was good, Lots of comedy (why?). Was it Star wars? Not sure, it could of been a Star Trek movie :headscratch: Going to watch it again.. 

From the Camel & Dalek (good name for a pub)

PROS: Lots of comedy

CONS: Lots of comedy

PROS: Incredibly fun, "visually astonishing" (that would look good on the Blu-ray sleeve)

CONS: Flawed

I MUST see for myself!

• Like 1

It tries to be fresh and it succeeds in doing so but in the wrong ways. Weak plot, unanswered questions from TFA, boring character arcs (except Kylo) and offers nothing new to the current trilogy. Plus Luke it a total let down after all these years.

This is what happens when Disney allow a totally new Star Wars writer pen the film all on his own.

A general disappointment. I can't believe its so much praise from critics including Mark Kermode. I actually think that anyone who likes the film are probably people who didn't grow up with the original trilogy and The Force Awakens was probably the first SW film they saw.

Edited by nicky