Cosplay props/weapons

Namine

I know I asked this in the LFCC thread but I need to ask again, I am planning to cosplay as Harry Potter (female version) but was wondering if I would be allowed to take a replica wand with me to Collectormania, I know certain props are banned, but I don't know if that is one.

That made me spit my tea over my computer screen with that reply Queen_Sindel!

That's fine, I was worried, but I'm not gonna have chance to cosplay as Harry Potter cos I don't really wanna break the replica (since it came all the way from Universal Studios Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter XD)

• Like 1

So I know I sent a message about ten/fifteen minutes ago; but I hope I'll be able to take this with me to collectormania next year. I know it's got a ring around it (it's black, not red or orange, but I'll see if I can get that sorted!) and it's made of ABS with some Zinc Alloy/Metal parts though it will get checked (I know cos of new rules since what happened last year with Jason David Frank), but it will be holstered at all times whilst I'm in my scooter.

Edit: I know I had a check on the rules of what is fine and what isn't fine, and it says that if it has a orange or red tip (I'm not sure about black lol), it's fine as long as it doesn't fire.src-ggh0303-bb-guns-7__64147__16740.1430

Edited by Namine

On 12/12/2017 at 7:15 AM, Queen_Sindel said:

That one will definitely require an orange tip and exact playing by the rules. Way too realistic looking. Anyone could spray paint a gun blue.

Yeah, anyone COULD spray paint a gun blue; however, it's made of blue plastic, so it's not gonna be spray painted, however, I was going through some other cons rules and they have this up, so I would assume it works for Collectormania then

"Realistic imitation firearms such as accurate plastic pistols or rifles, airsoft guns, or BB guns are allowed (if legal!) with a brightly coloured tip on the end of the muzzle of the gun OR if they have significantly brightly coloured portion. This does not have to be permanently fixed to the item and can be removed for photographs if fitted back in place immediately afterwards."

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but this is exactly what I have been trying to explain.

I did, but I wasn't sure if that was what it was Queen Sindel.

Edit: I might send it back and get this one instead as a replacement - 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Namine

Well, got a shock when I opened the box, it's a two tone gun which is even more better than the standard blue colour I thought that I had got since it said "in blue", it will have an orange tip by the time Collectormania comes around. The magazine won't eject which is a good thing as I only plan to use it as a prop and nothing else (no bb gun games for me, I don't even know how to play that lol and I don't see the point considering the speed that this gun CAN eject the bb pellets is damn fast and it would hurt like hell!). 

25437214_1943601525654608_1848266881_n.j