Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER LAMBERT

showmasters

8 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Blemmo letting himself down here.

Happens all the time. That's the least of it. I prepare myself for it each day at the moment. I'm even preparing myself to be let down by you, Nate! ;)

OK, someone please help me with this:

Diamond pass is £120 & it gets you

1 autograph - worth £30

1 standard photoshoot - worth £30

1 place at talk - worth £10

1 limited print - worth £?? 

So that's a £50 difference in price for a print and a guaranteed autograph - am I missing something? 

18 minutes ago, mikewillbell said:

OK, someone please help me with this:

Diamond pass is £120 & it gets you

1 autograph - worth £30

1 standard photoshoot - worth £30

1 place at talk - worth £10

1 limited print - worth £?? 

So that's a £50 difference in price for a print and a guaranteed autograph - am I missing something? 

Yes.  The pass price is not the sum total of the individual parts, you are paying a premium for the guaranteed access and for first access to everything.

So last year I managed to take my Kill Bill sword sheath in to add Madsen and I REALLY would love to get Lambert but theres no sheath on the McCloud Claymore and i've only ever seen him signing the sword itself. Is there anyway I could get this permitted if declared to security or hand to them to have at the desk only and given back on exiting the venue? The pic below was at LFCC 2012??

Image result for signed highlander sword

Edited by taz101
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Wrap it up, case would be best. Inform crew when you get in line immediately and if you see a security guard those too.

Thanks Raylenth/Sindel, I just want to double check before I spend £120 on a replica sword as I noticed on an earlier post asking a similar question you said if it was sharp then definitely no and no guarantee the guards would let you in? I guess i'm just trying to get a 100% answer before committing. I was planning on wrapping it in masking taped up cardboard and only removing it for the signing.

A separate question, I really only want to pay for the auto is he likely to not get past Diamond?

It's always very hard to judge, he is there 2 days and his Diamonds haven't sold out so he's not at capacity for those.  Most Diamond guests do get through a decent amount of VQ's so unless someone can say he's a really really slow signer like Chrisopher Lloyd is then there's a very good chance you can get him without a Diamond, especially if you can be there early to get the VQ and be there to the end if needs be as many guests do get quieter in the closing stages of the day.

Can soneone tell me what exactly clothes i would have to buy for the russel nash new york look 

so i can go on ebay and buy them , more th shirt he wears under the jacket 

plus ispone to someone via email and i got all the info i need to bring sword, maje sure its in a box and tell security in the beginning , plus make sure blade is dull and dont show it outside the signing in the event 

5 minutes ago, Lionel Messi said:

Can soneone tell me what exactly clothes i would have to buy for the russel nash new york look 

so i can go on ebay and buy them , more th shirt he wears under the jacket 

plus ispone to someone via email and i got all the info i need to bring sword, maje sure its in a box and tell security in the beginning , plus make sure blade is dull and dont show it outside the signing in the event 

Messi can you give us more info on the last part of your comment re: the email to security? I would like to also do that if this is what you need to do as I do not want to be told I can't enter with the sword. There can be only..two!

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It's always very hard to judge, he is there 2 days and his Diamonds haven't sold out so he's not at capacity for those.  Most Diamond guests do get through a decent amount of VQ's so unless someone can say he's a really really slow signer like Chrisopher Lloyd is then there's a very good chance you can get him without a Diamond, especially if you can be there early to get the VQ and be there to the end if needs be as many guests do get quieter in the closing stages of the day.

Great stuff Raylenth. Looks like it's good to go as long as its boxed and hidden. Lastly, re: inscriptions, can I simply ask him to add 'there can be only one' or may I pay extra? I absolutely don't mind paying more!!

Edited by taz101

9 hours ago, taz101 said:

Great stuff Raylenth. Looks like it's good to go as long as its boxed and hidden. Lastly, re: inscriptions, can I simply ask him to add 'there can be only one' or may I pay extra? I absolutely don't mind paying more!!

There's no charge for quote/personalisations if they are doing them, but bear in mind they may not be allowing them.

Just a heads up, the law has recently changed so to avoid prosecution have it in a sheath and bagged, ( with the blade not visible) place a sign that says prop swords on it to comply fully.

A stunt co-ordinator advised me of the recent law change.

Showmasters specify that it needs to be in a sheath if bringing in to get signed and only out at point of signing and not on view around the venue for health and safety reasons.

So if you have it in a sheath and a bag you will comply.

A budokan staff bag can be picked up for around £10 which you can put a number of swords in.

53 minutes ago, matthewlane said:

Hi. Quick question. I know people Recomend people take their own 10 x 8 photos to get signed, as I guess he will have a limited number. Anyone know where to get some good quality ones from 

It's not the limited number per se, it's if you want a particular image.  You won't know ahead of time what pictures they will have available - though they usually have the persons main roles - but if there's a specific image you love and want or from a particular role you think they may not have, then it's best to bring your own.

Some people print them themselves if they can find a high quality jpeg.  If you do that it's best to get it done at a proper photo shop so it's printed properly - many home photo printing aren't the same quality and don't last or take the pen ink the way a proper picture does.

This company has good quality stuff apparently though they aren't the fastest at delivery so if you do buy stuff buy it well in advance https://www.statesidestills.com/

3 minutes ago, Litafan83 said:

Hello, i want to buy a standard photoshoot, but when i go to buy them it won’t let me select a batch. Can someone help me please ?. Thanks

Both batches on sale for Saturday are currently sold out, that's why they are crossed out and have that little "sold out" bit next to them. ;) That is why you can't select a batch.

I will let the office know and request that more should be added. 

On 12/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, showmasters said:

Green Screen Costume Photo Shoot with Highlander Sword: £40

Are there any official confirmation on how this is going to look, i.e. what costume, background is going to be and whether Christopher Lambert will be holding the sword?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

Are there any official confirmation on how this is going to look, i.e. what costume, background is going to be and whether Christopher Lambert will be holding the sword?

Thanks

As far as I am aware, no

So I am hoping this should be all good like this. I've cellotaped the box back up and inside the sword is dull on the blade with polystrene at both ends. I'm taking extra tape in case they want me to open it up etc and i'll inform crew when I get a chance?

Another question, i'm taking a full size suitcase for my other items I want to take to Beckett - that's fine isn't it? Just makes carrying them all much easier! 

Is his diamond for sunday still not sold out btw? I plan to get in for 9am and go straight to his VQ but do they hand them out straight away? I thought I remeber Christopher Lloyd them saying they're not handing out VQ's yet last year?

UPDATE - so I called the NEC and after being passed around I got through to a Lee Duff, Operations Manager. Lee was super helpful and said he will call the Head of security on the day, Paul Jones. Lee said he would call me back if there was an issue but he confirmed the paperwork said NO BAG RESTRICTIONS so my suitcase is fine and as long as my sword is secure it's fine but searches will be carried out etc of course. So unless he call's back i'm good :) 

33871666_10155257944762251_4515771822385

Edited by taz101

2 hours ago, taz101 said:

So I am hoping this should be all good like this. I've cellotaped the box back up and inside the sword is dull on the blade with polystrene at both ends. I'm taking extra tape in case they want me to open it up etc and i'll inform crew when I get a chance?

Another question, i'm taking a full size suitcase for my other items I want to take to Beckett - that's fine isn't it? Just makes carrying them all much easier!  Should be OK but be ready to open it for security to check inside

Is his diamond for sunday still not sold out btw? I plan to get in for 9am and go straight to his VQ but do they hand them out straight away? I thought I remeber Christopher Lloyd them saying they're not handing out VQ's yet last year? Remember there's no 'Sunday' Diamond, the diamonds cover the whole event unless sold as day specific which this isn't.  His Diamond is still available but the talk will be on Saturday so if you only go Sunday you will have to forfeit that part of the pass as you won't be refunded that portion for not being there.  VQ's are given out from the start of the day so if you choose to go the VQ route just go straight to his desk and get it when you get in.  I don't remember about Lloyd last year but as he's a very slow signer he rarely reaches any VQ's so they may have decided to make him Diamond only.  Or they gave a few out and had stopped by the time you saw it.

UPDATE - so I called the NEC and after being passed around I got through to a Lee Duff, Operations Manager. Lee was super helpful and said he will call the Head of security on the day, Paul Jones. Lee said he would call me back if there was an issue but he confirmed the paperwork said NO BAG RESTRICTIONS so my suitcase is fine and as long as my sword is secure it's fine but searches will be carried out etc of course. So unless he call's back i'm good :) 

See above