Latest Guest Announcement - ROBERT ENGLUND

showmasters

12 minutes ago, Hanklily said:

Darn I was hoping the delay was because he was gonna do the Freddy make up shoot again, only London I missed, oh well, Robert is still a joy to meet, actually one of the nicest guests I have ever met.. x

Doubt he'd be doing the make up again unfortunately, Hanklily, it took far too long at his LFCC appearance. Ended up not doing a lot of autos at the time.

5 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Doubt he'd be doing the make up again unfortunately, Hanklily, it took far too long at his LFCC appearance. Ended up not doing a lot of autos at the time.

Yeah, my brother was at his last appearance as Freddy, Jamie.. I was away :angry: frees up the money for others, cheers. X

This might be worth a visit just for his auto as i had his diamond pass for LFCC that time he did the make up shoot. None of us got auto's that day due to the hours it took to apply the make up. We were given £25 vouchers which went to other things but now i can finally get the auto completed. :) Thank you SM

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Dawnie said:

Will Robert do just his signature without a person's name on the item?

Personalisations are never certain or guaranteed Dawnie, so even if he has before he may not this time or vice versa.

However that said, it's usually only the really big names you can say for certain won't be so there's a good chance he may.

Edited by Raylenth

3 hours ago, Dawnie said:

Will Robert do just his signature without a person's name on the item?

Can't see that being a problem Dawnie, he will be busy but just catch him when his queue starts to quietened down also he's always personalised before when asked. Legend!

Thanks for your response. I'm only there for a limited time, so will have to hope that he will do it. 

Really do appreciate the reply's

Regards

Dawn

Edited by Dawnie

Wow guys he is SO busy they had to cap vqs at 300 and he’s still only on 65 as he signs slow at 1.30 lol

im 121 and hoping I get in time

i would be very surprised if he isn’t diamond in lfcc

Edited by taz101

I had VQ 256 at around 10.15am and thought I would be in a good chance at the rate he was going, but they closed the queue at 4.45pm due to Robert England leaving early today at 5pm. They got to VQ 1-151.

Understandably there are a lot of peeved off people today, but not a fault against the staff; they did their best. 

I would have thought Robert would stay longer for the fans, but I guess he can only do what he is contracted to work with his entitled breaks. 

Looks like it'll be Diamond Pass for me on his next appearance (hopefully sooner than later).. 

1 hour ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

I had VQ 256 at around 10.15am and thought I would be in a good chance at the rate he was going, but they closed the queue at 4.45pm due to Robert England leaving early today at 5pm. They got to VQ 1-151.

Understandably there are a lot of peeved off people today, but not a fault against the staff; they did their best. 

I would have thought Robert would stay longer for the fans, but I guess he can only do what he is contracted to work with his entitled breaks. 

Looks like it'll be Diamond Pass for me on his next appearance (hopefully sooner than later).. 

If guests leave early it usually means they have a flight to catch.

I have to admit I was a little surprised how busy he was, as he has been to a fair few SM shows over the years I believe. Maybe because with all the sporting guests Collectormania has a slightly different crowd?

30 minutes ago, natedammit said:

If guests leave early it usually means they have a flight to catch.

I have to admit I was a little surprised how busy he was, as he has been to a fair few SM shows over the years I believe. Maybe because with all the sporting guests Collectormania has a slightly different crowd?

I didn't hear anything about him catching a flight, other than he apparently missed his earlier breaks and wanted to use them at the end of his working shift. Either way he is a slow signer and he definitely wouldn't have gotten as far as he did without the 'one autograph per VQ ticket' rule to everyone including those pesky dealers. They also made Gold passholders get VQ tickets. 

I'm still surprised by how busy he was. He wasn't able to fulfil diamond passholders at LFCC due to his makeup photoshoot, but his appearances at Cardiff and Collectormania 20 in 2013 were much quieter. 

He hasn't done anything significant since to explain the increase of demand. It can only be down to increase of convention attendees.

I also think the sudden increase of successful (non-showmaster) horror cons around the UK have most likely introduced new people to this scene. 

13 hours ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

I didn't hear anything about him catching a flight, other than he apparently missed his earlier breaks and wanted to use them at the end of his working shift.

Oh ok, I had never really thought of guests having fixed hours like that. 

4 minutes ago, Lokinestro said:

3 hours waiting in the queue, but totally worth it.

He was lovely, but the whole point of the vq system is that you don't have to wait 3 hours in a queue. It's a great system and it's frustrating when it breaks down.

40 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

I don't know if its accurate but someone mentioned when i was there yesterday that Robert is going to stop doing European conventions? May explain why he was so busy.

I've heard through the grapevine that he might be reducing the number of appearances, but not stopping. 

Showmasters have already confirmed he will be a diamond pass guest next time. 

I was VQ 44 first thing in the morning on Saturday and didn't manage to see him until well into the afternoon. Got chatting to some lovely people in the various queues, though, and some of those staff members really do have my sympathy. Things looked to be running a lot smoother yesterday. And as expected, Robert was an absolute gent.

• Like 1