Latest Guest Announcement - JASON MOMOA

showmasters

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well it'll be the usual answer, the package isn't always the sum total of the parts, there's likely to be a little of that price that's the premium for guaranteeing it.

Very true. In which case that premium I'm guessing has gone up in comparison to last year. If that' the case fair enough, but worth taking note for future Diamond Pass announcements that the premium has increased. 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

This is an awesome guest, can't wait! Just debating whether just auto or shoot too.

Doing some quick math... the print is worth £45 of the pass value? A bit steep! I hope not all Diamond passes are going to be following this trend!

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well it'll be the usual answer, the package isn't always the sum total of the parts, there's likely to be a little of that price that's the premium for guaranteeing it.

6 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

Very true. In which case that premium I'm guessing has gone up in comparison to last year. If that' the case fair enough, but worth taking note for future Diamond Pass announcements that the premium has increased. 

Whilst the mods are not going to be getting into a discussion on pricing, Reylenth has summed it up perfectly.  

Each guest, Diamond or not will be different, there is absolutely nothing to say that the premiums have gone up on Diamond guests.  

Ultimately these names are are in high demand, the package and the fees involved are set at what they are for a reason otherwise they quite simply wouldn’t be coming.  

In the case of Jason, since his last appearance he has been involved in some major projects and has even more to come.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StuartG2198 said:

Whilst the mods are not going to be getting into a discussion on pricing, Reylenth has summed it up perfectly.  

Each guest, Diamond or not will be different, there is absolutely nothing to say that the premiums have gone up on Diamond guests.  

Ultimately these names are are in high demand, the package and the fees involved are set at what they are for a reason otherwise they quite simply wouldn’t be coming.  

In the case of Jason, since his last appearance he has been involved in some major projects and has even more to come.

Fair enough Stuart - thank you for confirming it isnt just an across the board price increase :)

And all praises for a cool guest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithy270492 said:

This is an awesome guest, can't wait! Just debating whether just auto or shoot too.

Doing some quick math... the print is worth £45 of the pass value? A bit steep! I hope not all Diamond passes are going to be following this trend!

I used to think the exact same about diamond passes.....then I got my Natalie Dormer one for this year. The pass was worth every penny to guarantee meeting her :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Oh God this might make him my most expensive guest to date... it can't be helped, I might have to go for a photoshoot at least.

Did you see the C25 announcements?  Nothing related to expense, just seeing as you are here.... you might want to look.

Edited by Raylenth

He's awesome! I had a photoshoot with him back at LFCC 2013. I guess my expectations were set by how silent and brooding Ronon, Drogo and Conan are, but it came as a total (very nice) surprise just how much *fun* he is!! One of the highlights of my very first LFCC.

Not sure I'll meet him again. But still, just having him around the con is fantastic news. :) Everyone who hasn't met him should consider it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarioVl said:

He's awesome! I had a photoshoot with him back at LFCC 2013. I guess my expectations were set by how silent and brooding Ronon, Drogo and Conan are, but it came as a total (very nice) surprise just how much *fun* he is!! One of the highlights of my very first LFCC.

Not sure I'll meet him again. But still, just having him around the con is fantastic news. :) Everyone who hasn't met him should consider it!

same here , He was the reason I went to me first comic con , then worked a few

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollewis247 said:

Sometime things are removed simply because it can lead to arguments even when the original comment was innocent and conversational - the price of a guest can obviously change over time and will reflect their status in the current moment.  4 years ago Jason would have mainly be there for his TV work whereas now he is a major character in a big budget film series and thus his current price reflects that.  The same situation happened with Crumbleboots who almost doubled in a year after Strange came out. 

Edited by StuartG2198
Also corrected for spellings of a certain person's name

• Moderators
20 hours ago, StuartG2198 said:

There have been a couple of posts today regarding posts being removed.  As I said last night the moderators are not going to get into a discussion on pricing, and ask that people refer to the statement above.  

In respect of hidden posts, again Reylenth has covered the main reason why posts sometimes get hidden.  Unfortunately some of these threads have a tendency to become an argument on pricing which we don’t want to get into on here, please remember that guests and their agents DO use this forum.

Edited by StuartG2198

13 minutes ago, Namine said:

Question; what is the diamond pass? I know there were a lot of em last year but I never understood why they were there.

It's to guarantee you access to the bigger guests and a way for SM to be able to get more expensive guests over.  Diamond pass holders get to go first and you are guaranteed the items included in the package.  So basically if you want an auto from a guest on a Diamond pass, any attendees without that pass (ie Gold pass holders and those with VQ tickets, even if you have VQ 1 for example) do risk not getting their auto's if they are there on limited time or slow ect and therefore don't see anyone beyond the Diamond pass holders.  Cumberbatch last year didn't see many people on VQ's, and some of the day only Diamond guests (Cleese for example) didn't see any/many non Diamond people.  Sometimes it may be that that a Diamond guest is available to only the diamond pass holders - MJF and Pele were like this.

Sometimes they are useful for the slower guests like RDA and Lloyd who rarely get through many people a day - with the diamond you know you will be the first group called and should get your auto's.

It doesn't mean that you can't get an auto from a Diamond pass guest, many are there for 2/3 days still so you will have plenty of chances and of course you can still book photo shoots with them, but it is a way for people who want the whole package of auto/photo/talk from a guest to guarantee getting them.  They always have a set limit to the number of Diamonds they sell for each guest so it's not like there will be thousands of people with them for 1 guest.

Each Diamond pass is tailored to the guest so the items included can differ - if you want to buy one always make sure you read what is included so that you are certain you know what you are buying.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Met him twice before, first at a SM event in Manchester in 2007 when he swore at me after I got him to sign a Baywatch picture, he also had a no posed photos sign up, but that little stunt caused him to pose for a picture with me as well whilst sticking one finger up behind the Baywatch pic. Then again in Milton Keynes in I think 2012, I opted for a proper photo-shoot that time, so I'm happy with the picture I got, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to get an Aquaman figure signed...

• Like 1