Display cases

Raylenth

Has anyone ever come across a display case/protector for scripts?  I've found one but it's quite expensive when you add delivery and am struggling to find anything else.  I don't want to use a box frame as I'd like to be able to take it out so I'm looking for something that can sit on a sideboard.

There's a jewellery display case on Amazon that would work but I wanted something more like the below.

http://scriptdisplaycase.com/

• Like 1

Lol, I paid a lot for my script so I want to display it rather than just put it in a cupboard but finding something suitable is a challenge!  Framing isn't a good option because it would be hard to put the script in there so that it will be rigid without sagging down and my framers said a box frame with a hinged door wouldn't really be doable.

I may have to give in and buy the one I linked :lol:

Yup all these things we love and own gathering dust unseen kills me. We need them there to admire like art on walls I say.

But as you say you may have to go to these guys, as I have never seen such a display online before for sale - so they cannot be all over. Mind you ironically I have seen them countless times in tv shows and films, sadly we cannot ask them where them props were from haha

But you have me thinking about what to put in one of these, so hats off to ya :-D

5 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I don't get it. It looks kinda rubbish to me. A plastic box propped up a couple of inches. 

Pretty much.  If you were helpful like a care bear should be you might suggest something better.  And better doesn't mean 'tearing it up and using it for fire lighters' or anything.

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Well I was thinking wrap it in clingfilm and nail it to the wall.

Well it would be the cheaper option, though hipsters might think it either avant-garde or declasse so it'll be loved or hated by equal measures.

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

But then that's my solution to most problems.

And it probably works a lot of the time as well, though it does leave some rather obvious evidence hanging around.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone that was sitting at home worrying about my lack of display options, worry no more.  I have found a temporary solution. The picture is crappy so it doesn't show up very well but it's a thin hard plastic case.  It's not acid free but it's just deep enough that the sigs aren't touching the lid so will do for now.

https://www.paperchase.co.uk/stationery/filing-storage/document-wallets/a4-hard-case-file-1.html

Edited by Raylenth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...