Sign in to follow this  
StuartG2198

Guest Cancellation - Jonathan Frakes

Unfortunately due to work commitments Jonathan Frakes will no longer be joining us at Destination Star Trek.

Refunds will be actioned as soon as possible.

We hope to welcome Jonathan back to another show soon.

5EF6C776-3FFD-4B49-8681-A22C283E586C.jpeg

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

Another one for my ST:TNG Monopoly board, I'm hoping we get the likes of LeVar Burton, Brent Spiner and Sir Patrick Stewart as guests.

He's the last one I need to get to have met all of the main TNG crew! :-)

So disssappointed johnathan has cancelled for this show,I've tried to meet him so many times now and keep missing him.there is always next time.

Yes, he has cancelled. As People already started bringing it up here I changed the announcement Topic.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:54 AM, StuartG2198 said:

We are very pleased to announce that Jonathan Frakes will be joining us at Destination Star Trek.

that bit confused me that's all. thanks for clearing that up.

Linda Park has also cancelled. I was in a hurry last night and did only amend this post seeing Linda did not have an announcement Topic up.

Think SM may need to consider holding the event at a different time of year to secure his availability. Always seems more likely to be busy when TV shows are in full production swing around October time.

He always cancels. This is third time he cancelled appearing on the event I intended to go. He is becoming my white whale.

Did anybody notice that on the collector's book thingies they put the photos in at Collectormania, it had Jonathan Frakes with 'London Film and Comic Con 2018' on it... is it a secret hint that he may be doing that instead?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SirGeeksalot said:

Did anybody notice that on the collector's book thingies they put the photos in at Collectormania, it had Jonathan Frakes with 'London Film and Comic Con 2018' on it... is it a secret hint that he may be doing that instead?

I didn't see them, but I would say that the same collector's books will be used for LFCC and that they just included some pics of past events, one of which happens to be with Jonathan. I would not take it as a hint of any kind.

Edited by Wrong Name

On 06/06/2018 at 1:08 PM, Wrong Name said:

I didn't see them, but I would say that the same collector's books will be used for LFCC and that they just included some pics of past events, one of which happens to be with Jonathan. I would not take it as a hint of any kind.

Yeh I agree with wrong name I think he featured on last years one as well.

13 minutes ago, rkemp78 said:

I have literally never seen Frakes attend an event, he always cancels every single time. I don't know why he bothers accepting in the first place. Nowadays I always take it as given that he is going to cancel before the event. 

I presume he intends to he's just very busy.  I have seen pictures of him at events and in attendee's photo shoot pictures so he has managed to get to some at least.  Maybe the way forward with him is to only announce him nearer the event date, that way they will have a more accurate view of his schedule. 

I've actually got 3 Pictures with him from photosessions, and I am not the biggest Trek fan in the universe. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. :/

14 hours ago, rkemp78 said:

I have literally never seen Frakes attend an event, he always cancels every single time. I don't know why he bothers accepting in the first place. Nowadays I always take it as given that he is going to cancel before the event. 

I know of three he's been at this year, one of them in Europe too. As QS says, it's all about timing.

11 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

As QS says, it's all about

timing.

5 minutes ago, natedammit said:

You totally missed the opportunity to use the old CSI Miami meme there Nate

11 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

As QS says, it's all about

Image result for CSI sunglasses meme

timing.

• Sad 1

I have become but a shadow of my former self.