Will there be an autographica 2018

Spaniel3491

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It really is a shame this show seems to have been abandoned, at the very least i wish they could incorporate it into another show like CM or LFCC... hell even their newely acquired london film fair, an autographica area, they had a few guests at destination star trek, would love to see more at other events

Agreed.

Maybe a little transparency would be nice.

It would certainly be appreciated by many Autographica fans & past attendees.

If it has been scrapped/abandoned without any intention of bringing it back for the foreseeable, fair enough, but would it hurt to let us know?

• 9 months later...

Even if I got one astronaut or SR-71 pilot autograph, I enjoyed a wander around the stands and meeting people and chatting. Our Lass would have a coffee and later we would go to London and see some sights and have sum nosh. It always made a great weekend. The NEC events we would just make a day of it.

• Like 1

Unless Showmasters have some radical plans I think Autographica might not happen again. The Bond girls are now headlining another Showmasters event and unfortunately astronauts not involved in Apollo don't seem to draw the crowds, unbelievable as that sounds. From a business perspective it makes sense to concentrate on profitable events, that said, I hope I am wrong because I also miss the Autographica events.

Sadly, Buzz and the Boys are all getting on... Tom Stafford is 88 and Frank Borman 90... plus WW2 and Korean veterans are of a similier age group.

But still there's plenty of Shuttle era and still some SR-71 crews  plus military personnel from recent conflicts... Plus F1 and other sports for those so dispossesed... ;o)

If there's no demand then it won't happen

Sadly, the deathly silence from the organisers tells it's own story.

I'd hoped for the events loyal customers, some transparency,

maybe an official statement confirming it's demise, but alas, no...

• 1 month later...