Guest Days & Prices LFCC 2018

1 hour ago, Lewisgreen250293 said:

Percentage wise, how "complete" is the lineup?    I know guests cancel and new guests can get announced at any time but do we have a rough idea?   

I was wondering the same a few days ago, so I had a look at last year guest list, and if I’m not mistaken last year there were about 110 guests. I also remember someone mentioning a full lineup is usually around 100 guests.

Based on that calculation I’d say for now only 35-40% of this year’s guests have been announced so far. So still plenty of surprises to come! :D

8 hours ago, Lewisgreen250293 said:

Percentage wise, how "complete" is the lineup?    I know guests cancel and new guests can get announced at any time but do we have a rough idea?   

I believe it's been said by the new Twitter mods that SM are aiming for 125 guests, but as you said, there'd unfortunately be cancellations. (Hopefully there'll be very little cancellations this year!)

55 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I will need a police siren and a flashing light on a hat. Put a big sign on my chest saying ”Clashing photo op, step aside” :wacko:

I think wel'll be seeing a lot of those lights during the event haha :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Overlaps ;)

Bless you Rayzor (I'm trying out new nicknames for you).

I guarantee when the schedule is released we'll have people posting "Oh my gosh you guys, I've got a clash, A CLASH, my life is over, I'm panicking, the schedule should be changed just for me, I don't know what to do, WON'T SOMEBODY HELP ME?" And then it will turn out they have one shoot between 12:00 and 12:30 and another from 12:20 to 1:00.

This is not a clash. This is an overlap. Nothing to worry about at all. A walk in the park. Most overlaps are just met with the same advice of "start with the shoot that finishes earlier".

A clash mostly involves the shorter sessions - e.g. if one of the 'Second Stormtrooper on the left' actors has a 5 minute shoot that is in the middle of a 15 minute shoot somewhere else. Or if you have a shoot in the middle of a talk you want to see (which is pretty much tough luck).

Overlaps - it's a fine word, use it.

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I guarantee when the schedule is released we'll have people posting "Oh my gosh you guys, I've got a clash, A CLASH, my life is over, I'm panicking, the schedule should be changed just for me, I don't know what to do, WON'T SOMEBODY HELP ME?" And then it will turn out they have one shoot between 12:00 and 12:30 and another from 12:20 to 1:00.

This is not a clash. This is an overlap. Nothing to worry about at all. A walk in the park. Most overlaps are just met with the same advice of "start with the shoot that finishes earlier".

A clash mostly involves the shorter sessions - e.g. if one of the 'Second Stormtrooper on the left' actors has a 5 minute shoot that is in the middle of a 15 minute shoot somewhere else. Or if you have a shoot in the middle of a talk you want to see (which is pretty much tough luck).

'overlaps' I could get used to that :D

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Or someone says they have a shot at 11 and another at 12 and panics.

7 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

'overlaps' I could get used to that :D

Trouble is I just keep seeing Overflaps in my brain.

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It's a much calmer sounding word for a start.

It is a lot less stress inducing that 'clashes' and a better description of the problem

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

I am dead sure I will get both clash and overlap, but I have learnt now how to handle it. Learnt it last year. :unsure:

Ahh you'll be grand! :D