London Film Fair

I went for the first time today, as the dates lined up with something else I had on. Much quieter than I had magined, with far less stalls than I anticipated. I got an early train for nothing. Still if they'd actually announced Patrick and Martyn had been in Doctor Who too on the website, I'd have spent twice as much. I sometimes think Showmasters don't want all my money.

10 hours ago, TerraHawk said:

I went for the first time today, as the dates lined up with something else I had on. Much quieter than I had magined, with far less stalls than I anticipated. I got an early train for nothing. Still if they'd actually announced Patrick and Martyn had been in Doctor Who too on the website, I'd have spent twice as much. I sometimes think Showmasters don't want all my money.

I always check guests IMDB pages when guests are announced as so many actors have bit parts.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, TerraHawk said:

Sadly enough I have put all the cast lists for the programmes I collect for into an excel spreadsheet and set up a formula so I can input the actors names and it will tell me what to take to get signed - find it saves so much time - although it did take a while to set up.

I love the chilled out, quieter atmosphere of these cons. You get to spend more time with the guests and spend as long or as little time as you want.

As a heads up, there were posters for the next show up, which is April 7th (if I remember correctly), advertising the first guest as John Woodvine - who was in Doctor Who I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this event. I didn't turn up until around 10:30 and was out before 11:30 getting all the autographs I wanted.

One question... the early bird ticket gets you in at 8:00... do the guests get there at 8:00 or do they arrive later?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Does anyone know how busy this event tends to be? Unfortunately, I'm struggling to find a way to get there before 9. Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to get there from the South West that could get me there earlier? Any help would be highly appreciated. 

TARDIS? ;)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Does anyone know how busy this event tends to be? Unfortunately, I'm struggling to find a way to get there before 9. Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to get there from the South West that could get me there earlier? Any help would be highly appreciated. 

If you really want to be there early and trains aren't working out, the obvious solution is to come in the night before and stay over.

44 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Website says Tom is only going to be there 12-4, so I don’t think not making it for 9 is going to be a problem.

5 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Thanks for the help everybody, but a good friend of mine is also attending and we will be driving up to London, leaving very early in the morning in order to reach the event for its opening time :D

My fingers will be crossed for you.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Just thought I give you a heads up about this event, Please don't think of this as how a Showmasters Events are like... The Venue is small and I mean small. Vendors are in one room and guests are in another. to give you an idea you can walk up and down within a few minutes. The guests tend to be much older. Cosplaying is a NO.. if you do turn up in costume, then you will be the only one. This is very much like the old Autographical shows, if you attended those the crew wore smart dress. 

There are no batches on the photos, No Gold tickets etc. This is a very civilised event, most people who go get everything done within the hour and leave. Please note there won't be anything to buy to eat on site, but you are in the west end and you could just go outside to buy food. The sellers don't sell Pop up thingy, its mainly old stuff that people want for their collections. 

I wanted to give you all a heads up, Again don't treat this like a Showmasters event that we all know.. otherwise you could find yourself disappointed. With Tom Baker he is going to busy. Not sure if Showmasters will do a VQ tickets with him, maybe a Mod can ask the office how the autograph signing will be done, Normally they don't use them at this event. 

Tom is there from 12, So if you are planning to come getting there an hour early is plenty of time. I'm sure SM will be monitoring ticket sales, its a small venue and shouldn't hold thousands of people like the other events. hope this helps. ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spacecadet is here said:

Hi All, 

Just thought I give you a heads up about this event, Please don't think of this as how a Showmasters Events are like... The Venue is small and I mean small. Vendors are in one room and guests are in another. to give you an idea you can walk up and down within a few minutes. The guests tend to be much older. Cosplaying is a NO.. if you do turn up in costume, then you will be the only one. This is very much like the old Autographical shows, if you attended those the crew wore smart dress. 

There are no batches on the photos, No Gold tickets etc. This is a very civilised event, most people who go get everything done within the hour and leave. Please note there won't be anything to buy to eat on site, but you are in the west end and you could just go outside to buy food. The sellers don't sell Pop up thingy, its mainly old stuff that people want for their collections. 

I wanted to give you all a heads up, Again don't treat this like a Showmasters event that we all know.. otherwise you could find yourself disappointed. With Tom Baker he is going to busy. Not sure if Showmasters will do a VQ tickets with him, maybe a Mod can ask the office how the autograph signing will be done, Normally they don't use them at this event. 

Tom is there from 12, So if you are planning to come getting there an hour early is plenty of time. I'm sure SM will be monitoring ticket sales, its a small venue and shouldn't hold thousands of people like the other events. hope this helps. ;)

Thanks for the advice