Inquiry about cosplay prop

Namine

So I know with the new rules of cosplay props, I'm wondering since I am planning on cosplaying as Rey next year (from The Last Jedi), I will have a Lightsaber prop with me, which is a Disney official Star Wars The Last Jedi - Rey's Lightsaber. It is made of plastic, so it would break if hit hard enough, but I don't know whether you would want to get it checked out first or have it held until I left the Olympia.

Here is what it looks like (if you remember the old Hasbro Force FX lightsabers that came out a few years ago, then that's exactly the same thing here!)

59a901a1ab393d0001b09a18-image_0c757a65.

7 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I think they will check it when you enter the venue.;)

I know when I was originally going to go to this years LFCC, I had emailed the cosplay department and eventually got the green light to bring my Power Rangers Legacy Dragon Dagger and Legacy Saba in since it was made more of plastic than metal. I think if it's made of plastic and can break, then they won't worry about it being used as a prop, I do know it's certain length and height that you cannot have for a prop though.

17 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

E-Mail the cosplay people please. All we can do on here is guess, and I can't guarantee when they come on here to check on posts. 

what is the email? I can't remember what it is.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:48 PM, Raylenth said:

All the contact info is on the website Namine https://showmastersevents.com/index.php/cosplay-guidelines

Thanks Raylenth.

I am a bit worried because I have my MMPR White Ranger cosplay, however, the shield is made a bit wierdly (I'll put up a picture of it) and I dunno if that will get through the doors or not. 

Power-Rangers-White-Ranger-Cosplay-Costu

Edited by Namine

So I've tried to email the cosplay section of Showmasters but apparently I cannot get through as hotmail/live keeps saying that the email is undeliverable as it cannot go from outside live.co.uk, so idk what's going on, but I'll give it a few days or just leave it until nearer the convention to make sure.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

sorry for taking a while to spot this, I don't get on here that often

The Lightsaber should be absolutely fine as its plastic

The Power Rangers shield should also be okay - as long as its not 6ft wide - then you'd need a spotter

Hope this helps

Gerri

Cosplay at Showmasters

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sydney said:

Hey guys

sorry for taking a while to spot this, I don't get on here that often

The Lightsaber should be absolutely fine as its plastic

The Power Rangers shield should also be okay - as long as its not 6ft wide - then you'd need a spotter

Hope this helps

Gerri

Cosplay at Showmasters

cool, yeah, the shield isn't that wide, it's exactly 4.3ft wide (in inches it's 52").

I know last year, when I was due to go (I ended up cancelling due to ill health), I messaged the cosplay team via email and asked about the legacy saba and legacy dragon dagger props since they're more plastic than die cast metal and the lass I was talking to (can't remember her name bless her but she was awesome), said that because it's more plastic than metal and it's liable to be broken IF swung hard at someone (always remember the rule XD), so I'm hoping that will be fine for next year as like I said, I'm hoping to cosplay as White MMPR Ranger.

The props will be holstered at all times until photos.