One day.

Law-dono

I hope it's ok to ask, but will we be hearing anything about why it's been reduced to 1 day with the opening time of 10am? There seems to be a lot of flack on FB about it and it might make things worse for SM rep if the queries aren't being answered.

I hope I'm not coming across as being rude or disrespectful, mods, it's really not my intention, just intending to ask the question which a lot of people seem to have. (Please be kind, I'm innocent! lol)

I've forwarded the question when it came up here, but I genuinely do not know. Sometimes SM simply don't comment on their business decisons.

At best personal guess the numbers weren't there for a two day show. Kind of like what happened to make the first shows at Manchester on hiatus: a pretty large number of people through the doors, but not enough photos and autographs sold. It may not be just as bad as Manchester was and still justifies a day show.

But again, this is a personal guess based on the experience of 17 years of attending shows of various organisers and nothing more.

And now if we could please not start the "improve the guest list, then the numbers will grow" debate again this would be much appreciated. ;) 

• Like 1

That's 1 route I'm definitely not going down, QS. I'm grand with whoever's announced whether I'm interested or not. It's more the initial shock or the con being reduced to a day with an hour less, albeit it's just an hour.

Really, though, thanks for the reply. Hope the Belfast con picks up with the autos and photoshoots this year as we don't get much over here and it's great that SM started to bring the con over to us. Cons over here have my backing so bring it on is all I can say! ^_^

(Looking forward to the next post teased by the comment on FB. ;))

The one day thing does suck, but not much we can do but suck it up and get on with it! It's been great having the cons In belfast these last few years but maybe it's been over saturated a bit..

Sunday was dead last year IIRC so it wasn't a huge shock 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
See forum rules.