Jump to content
Daniel

Guest Suggestions

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Michelle Ryan, didn’t have enough time to meet her at Birmingham so please get her to come to Glasgow 

If she was able to come to Glasgow, she would've been announced at the same time as her other appearances, Green. It's not unheard of that schedules change, but I wouldn't expect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

If she was able to come to Glasgow, she would've been announced at the same time as her other appearances, Green. It's not unheard of that schedules change, but I wouldn't expect it.

I’m not an amateur to these events I know how it works, just putting it out there that I’d like her at Glasgow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matthewman said:

C'mon showmasters.. How about a wee guest announcement to start the weekend?

 

Guests can only be announced once the contracts are finalised, Matthew. Asking for them doesn't speed them up. ;)

Plus, there's already a good few announced, including a few I wouldn't mind meeting if I was able to make it over. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mods have been through this a number of times before with Matthew, but apparently he thinks asking yet another time may Change the Response... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The mods have been through this a number of times before with Matthew, but apparently he thinks asking yet another time may Change the Response... ;)

Sorry guys, Just getting a bit excited as its getting close now :)

Still not decided if I'm attending this year yet, but like most people, still hoping that someone is announced who changes my mind. I know SM can't cater to everyone's taste and that guests can only be announced when things are confirmed, but I just cant help getting a little envious seeing all the great guest announcements popping up on facebook for all the shows down south :(

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As P.T. Barnum once (allegedly) said "You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld, True Blood, The Wrestler, Mildred Pierce & Thirteen)
Jack Plotnick (Reno 911, Drawn Together, Buffy, The Mentalist, Joan of Arcadia & Ellen)
Robin Tunney (The Mentalist, Prison Break, The Craft & End of Days)
Larry Bagby (Hocus Pocus, Young & Restless & Buffy)
Lindy Booth (The Librarians, Kick Ass 2, Dawn of the Dead, 4400 & Cry Wolf)
Rachel Bilson (Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Chuck, Jumper, Nashville & How I Met Your Mother)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dodef said:

 

Ignore it Mr Leming, given the lack of recent activity on the account I'd be willing to bet it's a sock puppet account for a user who's main account has been banned, especially given the other recent bridge dwelling users who have been ranting about a certain moderator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What it all boils down to is - 

1) Which actors/actresses are in the UK at the time of the event.

2) Which actors/actresses can Showmasters afford to pay an appearance fee.

3) Which actors/actresses actually want to appear at an event.

And 4) If an actor/actress gets paying work between the time they're announced as a guest and the time the event happens, the work comes first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ignore it Mr Leming, given the lack of recent activity on the account I'd be willing to bet it's a sock puppet account for a user who's main account has been banned, especially given the other recent bridge dwelling users who have been ranting about a certain moderator.

Yeah, admittedly I kinda went off on one there, hence the "Sorry mods" at the end. :blush: lol

4 minutes ago, ronnie-beaton said:

What it all boils down to is - 

1) Which actors/actresses are in the UK at the time of the event.

2) Which actors/actresses can Showmasters afford to pay an appearance fee.

3) Which actors/actresses actually want to appear at an event.

And 4) If an actor/actress gets paying work between the time they're announced as a guest and the time the event happens, the work comes first.

Point 3 would also cover seeing negative comments on forums and social media like the above and being put off going to the location assuming all opinions of the event are the same. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Point 3 would also cover seeing negative comments on forums and social media like the above and being put off going to the location assuming all opinions of the event are the same. ;)

Very true, yes. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Ignore it Mr Leming, given the lack of recent activity on the account I'd be willing to bet it's a sock puppet account for a user who's main account has been banned, especially given the other recent bridge dwelling users who have been ranting about a certain moderator.

Nope, that was someone who swore never to come back after I "mistreated" other users in Glasgow... because as you all know SM hate all Scots and I am the ringleader. :rolleyes:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×