Guest Suggestions

Daniel

4 hours ago, dodef said:

Ignore it Mr Leming, given the lack of recent activity on the account I'd be willing to bet it's a sock puppet account for a user who's main account has been banned, especially given the other recent bridge dwelling users who have been ranting about a certain moderator.

30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ignore it Mr Leming, given the lack of recent activity on the account I'd be willing to bet it's a sock puppet account for a user who's main account has been banned, especially given the other recent bridge dwelling users who have been ranting about a certain moderator.

Yeah, admittedly I kinda went off on one there, hence the "Sorry mods" at the end. :blush: lol

4 minutes ago, ronnie-beaton said:

What it all boils down to is - 

1) Which actors/actresses are in the UK at the time of the event.

2) Which actors/actresses can Showmasters afford to pay an appearance fee.

3) Which actors/actresses actually want to appear at an event.

And 4) If an actor/actress gets paying work between the time they're announced as a guest and the time the event happens, the work comes first.

Point 3 would also cover seeing negative comments on forums and social media like the above and being put off going to the location assuming all opinions of the event are the same. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Nope, that was someone who swore never to come back after I "mistreated" other users in Glasgow... because as you all know SM hate all Scots and I am the ringleader. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It looks like a barren year for Glasgow. Already done Birmingham and going to London but still hitting Glasgow as it'll be nicer to browse the stalls than the mad panic of vq tickets, lining up for autographs and wondering if you'll get your turn or should you run to your upcoming photoshoot or risk going to that late

• Like 1

I still support this, but it's a shame it never grew into a bigger event. It is what it is - a small convention with mainly repeat guests.

Just a shame a city like Glasgow has never had a convention with a big lineup, like 40 quality guests...

Guys, again: please stop it now. We go through this every year.

SM have explained their stance on the Glasgow Show a number of times. They have always planned to make it bigger, it was expected to grow over the years. But they have also said the regional Shows will always be smaller. It is not going to happen that Glasgow or any other regional Show will jump to 40 guests, especially not when the number don't seem to give the possibility to expand at all.

Support the Show, help promote it. If the number of attendees grows the Show will grow.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Robin Shelby (slimmer from ghostbusters 2)

Ernie Hudson (Winston from ghostbusters 1 and 2)

Michelle Gomez

peter Davison

tom Baker

Janet Fielding

Carol ann ford

Lalla Ward

Edited by jedithrill
thought of more guests
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I hope there are a few more additions before this goes ahead. Now that London’s out of the way this is the next one. Less than 2 weeks to go. It’s going to seem so strange and small after the madness of London last weekend. This is a good thing though. It’s going to be great to have room to move

• Like 2

Looking forward to going to this for both days but it’s a little lopsided guest-wise at the moment. By that I mean a lot of Saturday only guests so Sunday’s looking a bit thin. I don’t have any specific guests in mind but a few more Sunday guests will make me happy and guarantee my attendance both days.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2018 at 12:05 PM, Ravogd said:

Looking forward to going to this for both days but it’s a little lopsided guest-wise at the moment. By that I mean a lot of Saturday only guests so Sunday’s looking a bit thin. I don’t have any specific guests in mind but a few more Sunday guests will make me happy and guarantee my attendance both days.

I'm only gonna be able to make the Sunday this year so fingers crossed :)

As it stands just now Saturday seems to be the best day to attend this.Out of the 17 guests 10 of them are just doing Saturday.

Who would i like to see at the show this weekend? 

Richard Wilson (He did the Birmingham show back in June)

Warwick Davis (I've been wanting to meet him ever since i saw Willow)

Dirk Benedict (Missed out meeting him 4 years ago when he appeared at the Glasgow show)

Daniel Dae Kim (Lost, Hawaii Five-0, 24, Star Trek Enterprise, Hellboy, Angel & Insurgent)
Katherine Heigl (Grey’s Anatomy, Roswell, Knocked Up & Doubt)
Ethan Erickson (Melrose Place, Buffy, CSI: New York & Jawbreaker)
Amy Smart (The Butterfly Effect, Starship Troopers, Shameless, Justified, Road Trip & Crank)
Ali Larter (Heroes, Resident Evil, Legends, Legally Blonde & Final Destination)
Kellan Lutz (Twilight, Immortals, Legend of Hercules, Expendables 3, Nightmare on Elm St & 90210)

On 05/06/2018 at 8:09 PM, wjbleming said:

If she was able to come to Glasgow, she would've been announced at the same time as her other appearances, Green. It's not unheard of that schedules change, but I wouldn't expect it.

I’m delighted you got this one wrong @wjbleming :D

• Haha 1