Guest Suggestions

Starbug

So with the convention less than 2 months away think we'll start recieving guests announcements on a semi weekly basis if there wanting to hit there target of 120+ guests or think we'll continue getting them at the rate we have been ? I know we'll purely be guessing but just wondered what everyones thought was on this.

Update:sorry thought I'd posted this in the general topic thread

Edited by BenUK1989

With the lineup I am already having I could wait until the schedule is released, drop all 30+ then so I know I can do it. With that said I dont mind if they do release some a little now and then. I still think I can fit a few in without making lfcc a rush but from now on it will have to be someone ”wow” in my world. Then after the schedule is released I can check if I could add some bonus photo ops.

28 minutes ago, BenUK1989 said:

So with the convention less than 2 months away think we'll start recieving guests announcements on a semi weekly basis if there wanting to hit there target of 120+ guests or think we'll continue getting them at the rate we have been ? I know we'll purely be guessing but just wondered what everyones thought was on this

I'm sure I read somewhere that guest announcements were to be on a weekly basis from here on in? Not just referring to actors but including comic artists too?

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that guest announcements were to be on a weekly basis from here on in? Not just referring to actors but including comic artists too?

I think so. But without jinxing it here and now but I must say I am surprised there is only two who has cancelled, out of so many guests. The greater the number the higher the risk.

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I think so. But without jinxing it here and now but I must say I am surprised there is only two who has cancelled, out of so many guests. The greater the number the higher the risk.

They will drop like flies in the week before.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Broo said:

If I’m not mistaken the weekly announcements only refer to comic guests, not media guests, which we don’t have any specific indication about.

I’d personally prefer regular announcements, like one or two guests a week, rather than all at once because it keeps the hype and excitement up while we wait for the event, but everyone will have different opinions on this. Anyway I’d be super happy with the current lineup even if SM didn’t add any new guests ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

More will cancel close to the time it's just the nature of conventions. Think last year was unusual in how many so I'm hopeful there won't be quite as many as that...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kagalite said:

Michael Rooker

Karen Gillan

Zoe Saldana

Dave Bautista

Mads Mikkelsen

Josh Brolin

Bob Odenkirk

Aaron Paul

Billy Bob Thornton

Freddie Highmore

Norman Reedus

Melissa McBride

Lauren Cohen

Yes! I would love to meet Freddie Highmore! :D

• Like 1

Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld, True Blood, The Wrestler, Mildred Pierce & Thirteen)
Jack Plotnick (Reno 911, Drawn Together, Buffy, The Mentalist, Joan of Arcadia & Ellen)
Robin Tunney (The Mentalist, Prison Break, The Craft & End of Days)
Larry Bagby (Hocus Pocus, Young & Restless & Buffy)
Lindy Booth (The Librarians, Kick Ass 2, Dawn of the Dead, 4400 & Cry Wolf)
Rachel Bilson (Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Chuck, Jumper, Nashville & How I Met Your Mother)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BenUK1989 said:

So with the convention less than 2 months away think we'll start recieving guests announcements on a semi weekly basis if there wanting to hit there target of 120+ guests or think we'll continue getting them at the rate we have been ? I know we'll purely be guessing but just wondered what everyones thought was on this.

Update:sorry thought I'd posted this in the general topic thread

I sure hope so. I'm wanting a lot more guests. At the moment I think my 'to meet' list for this year is at the lowest it's been for any of the LFCCs at this point (this will be my 5th). Starting to get very concerned...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chugs said:

Matt Lucas, Michelle Gomez and John Simm! Billie Piper, Tom Baker and Peter Davison! Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D! Hear my call, come to London! 

2nd all of these, especially John Simm and Billie Piper. A multi-Master photo with both Michelle and John would be a dream! :o:wub:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

2nd all of these, especially John Simm and Billie Piper. A multi-Master photo with both Michelle and John would be a dream! :o:wub:

3rd all of these!!

How about a multi-Timelord photo, Michelle, John and Peter :wub:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

I sure hope so. I'm wanting a lot more guests. At the moment I think my 'to meet' list for this year is at the lowest it's been for any of the LFCCs at this point (this will be my 5th). Starting to get very concerned...

We have 80+ guests currently which is quite a high number compared to most cons through the world and I might be wrong this about the same amount we had at this stage year. We still have got plenty of time left for remaining guests to get announced and I would expect to see more movement once Collectormania is over as that is now a flagship event.

Personally I have around 20 photos I want, so for me it is a very good event already, hopefully some of the future announcements will be for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

8 minutes ago, only_jay said:

We have 80+ guests currently which is quite a high number compared to most cons through the world and I might be wrong this about the same amount we had at this stage year. We still have got plenty of time left for remaining guests to get announced and I would expect to see more movement once Collectormania is over as that is now a flagship event.

Personally I have around 20 photos I want, so for me it is a very good event already, hopefully some of the future announcements will be for you.

Indeed, it's down to preference, it's always the opinion of what's big for someone is nonsequential to someone else. Some could be going for 30, others for 1 or none.

Also, to add to what Jay has said, the total number of 120+ may include the comic guests and cosplay guests as well as TV/media and wrestling.

Back to topic, also agree with Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Michelle Gomez and John Simm and the Agents of SHIELD cast!

• Like 2

With the amazing line of Wonder Woman guests that we have so far I really hope there is a possibilty that SM can attract Gal Gadot to come to London, and maybe even Chris Pine. Otherwise I am so thrilled with the lineup so far. I have a great number of photo ops and auto’s planned for all three days. 

• Like 1