Tobe Hooper has passed away

MrBarBar

Damn, Sorry to hear this.

When I was at the event, I was there getting an autograph for my brother. And Tobe wasn't supposed to be personalising, (as I think he actually was having a bit of trouble writing) but whilst his assistant was distracted he did so anyway. And because my brother is a budding director he actually signed the TCM poster photo, "Director to Director" and gave me some lovely advice to pass on to my brother. He didn't have to do any of this. His queue was immense, but he still took the time to do so. Seemed like a really sweet man. I was kicking myself afterwards, as I hadn't realised that he directed the original Salem's Lot, and I always loved that. It's been my favourite of all the King adaptions throughout the years. So I should have told him that as well. But I'm glad I got to meet him nonetheless.

R.I.P Mr Hooper

Edited by Jason S
  • Like 1

Very sad news, and most unexpected.  I didn't meet him personally at LFCC but a friend of mine got my TCM DVD sleeve signed, and from what I observed at the event he was giving time to anyone who wanted to ask him questions.  With TCM and his other credits he certainly left his mark on the film world, RIP.

Oh no! It was a pleasure meeting him this year. 

I seem to to have a bit of a curse 

last year I met kenny baker and he passed away soon after. Same with Carrie fisher. Now tobe. I must have the grim reapers touch 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jason S said:

Damn, Sorry to hear this.

When I was at the event, I was there getting an autograph for my brother. And Tobe wasn't supposed to be personalising, (as I think he actually was having a bit of trouble writing) but whilst his assistant was distracted he did so anyway. And because my brother is a budding director he actually signed the TCM poster photo, "Director to Director" and gave me some lovely advice to pass on to my brother. He didn't have to do any of this. His queue was immense, but he still took the time to do so. Seemed like a really sweet man. I was kicking myself afterwards, as I hadn't realised that he directed the original Salem's Lot, and I always loved that. It's been my favourite of all the King adaptions throughout the years. So I should have told him that as well. But I'm glad I got to meet him nonetheless.

R.I.P Mr Hooper

Makes it that more special and memorable. Your brother will treasure it. Top bro points.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2017 at 11:15 PM, urbanspeechbubble said:

Makes it that more special and memorable. Your brother will treasure it. Top bro points.

Thanks! He does, and I'm certainly glad I made the time to see Tobe on the Saturday. I guess you never know when the last chance is that you'll get to see someone.

• Like 1