Guest cancellation - Charlotte Hope

I feel similar to the above fans too.

I did spot Charlotte's name on the guest list last year and thought "fantastic" as to the best of my knowledge, she is not a regular guest to any conventions. I do however have noticed that guests who announce early tend to cancel early too.

So when Charlotte's name was still on the guest list 3 weeks ago, that was when I bought my convention ticket and my train ticket - as I hope Showmasters can appreciate, fans that travel in from elsewhere need to book train or bus tickets weeks in advance to get reasonable travel ticket discounts.

Like those fans above I was disappointed to find out the day before Bournemouth Comic Con that Charlotte has pulled but that is the small print at the bottom of the screen: guests may pull out at any time.

Anyway, hope Charlotte is well (Margot Kidder pulled out of July London Comic Con at the last minute too due to being involved in an accident according to her fellow "Superman" star Sarah Douglas) and hope she decides to return to another comic con in the near future.

Yeah Charlotte addressed this on her twitter, it's a shame but it can happen. Hopefully will get to meet her down the line.I appreciate any guests circumstances can change in an instant just like any of us. How was the convention Chris??? I had my first one ever at Sheffield and loved every second of it.

Hi Captain,

Bournemouth comic con was fun, thank you. I went last year and it was raining cats and dogs so thankfully the convention was indoors though I was disappointed that I couldn't go to the beach too.

This year, it was a sunny, sunny day and as such, during lunch I popped down to the beach which is only 5 minutes' walk from the convention where you can come and go as you please once you paid for your ticket and get your hand stamped to allow you to come back.

I've been to Sheffield and Glasgow Showmasters comic cons and both are held in identical settings i.e. a defrosted ice hockey arena! Bournemouth is of similar size and I like going to the mid-level conventions like Sheffield, Glasgow and Bournemouth as I tend to meet actors and actresses in less crowded conditions and can actually have decent length conversations with them and often their talks are free too.

London of course is the Showmaster's annual flagship event and don't get me wrong, some of the stars that come along are A-list or legendary e.g. Christopher Lloyd. However, for these stars, getting their autograph requires a lot of patience, stamina and quite a bit of luck on an ordinary ticket e.g. Alan Tudyk who was in "Firefly" and "Rogue One" had a virtual queue ticket into the 500's at least.