Question regarding guests

I’m curious as to know why the ‘bigger’ celebrities only ever attend the main convention in London and never any of the smaller regional ones? No dis-respect to the guests already confirmed but I can’t help but think the list isn't really all that impressive and interest in this event seems to have dwindled somewhat? :(  

• Moderators

Mostly cost - there's no chance in hell of Benedict Cumberbatch coming to Glasgow or Bournemouth or anywhere like that because it's just not financially viable. The attendance just isn't anywhere close to make it a good idea unfortunately.

As for what's 'impressive' it's all down to personal taste. Some people prefer the smaller events where you get to talk to the guests more etc. All depends on what you're into as well.

• Like 1

At this point in time there is some good guests with a length of work on there CV you can talk to them about and will want to pay to get an autograph, I do however wonder are people going to pay to get an autograph from a guest who has only appeared in one, maybe two things and was only an extra. Surly there is better guests out there than some which are being announced, there must be hundreds of retired actors/ actresses with a length of TV or film work behind them who would love to appear at these. Bournemouth Comic Con was wonderful last year and I think Showmasters did a great job between both events. I just hope this year isn't a flop and yes I am thinking of those lower profile guests.  

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, please. You know we have to remove posts complaining about the guest lists.

We also have to remove posts with speculations, e.g. SM cancelling guests on purpose for the smaller shows.

It doesn't matter how much you stress "it's my opinion". Posts of that kind will be removed, and if you keep bringing up such conspiracy theories the mods are forced to eventually remove your posting rights.

Well I have to say... I'm pretty thrilled. Last year we were going to divert off our holiday and travel up to Bolton to meet Jenette Goldstein, but the event fell through. Next I discovered she was appearing at an Exeter event, so I booked train tickets.etc and then she cancelled, I lost my money on those unfortunately, and no small amount.

This year, we are heading down to Dorset on holiday and it just so happens that we're going on Thursday, it's that neck of the woods, it coincides with Bournemouth Comic Con, AND Jenette is there! But not only that, having already had the opportunity to meet Bishop, Ripley, Hudson and Hicks previously, I can now complete my lineup with Vasquez, Drake and Ferro! I'm very much looking forward to not just that, but also the fact it won't be rammed like London and it will be hopefully a much more relaxed event with more opportunity to speak to the guests.

So yes, we'll be there... assuming we can find our way from Dorset to Bournemouth... apparently where we are staying is an hour away! :D

• Like 1

On 21/08/2017 at 7:41 PM, Knitty Fred said:

Hope so given Bournemouth is in Dorset :lol:

Oh I thought they were two separate places although I've never been to Dorset so I have no concept of how big it is, it might not be in Dorset if I'm directing the driver ;-) but however *ahem* please excuse my Jade Goody moment ;-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Oh I thought they were two separate places although I've never been to Dorset so I have no concept of how big it is, it might not be in Dorset if I'm directing the driver ;-) but however *ahem* please excuse my Jade Goody moment ;-)

Dont worry I know the feeling as I asked Inverness based friends if they went past Aberdeen en route to Glasgow several years ago (look on the map to see that one).

Essentially Dorset is a county and Bournemouth is a city/town in the county :))

• Like 1