Hotels near Olympia

gazths1

I stayed at Kensington suite hotel. Five minutes walk from the Olympia. Staff were nice. Rooms clean. Had to pay for wi-fi which was £10 for whole stay. Breakfast was standard. Cereal and toast. Coffee and tea. You have a fridge and microwave in the room which was handy.  I paid £285 for 4 nights. Booked it through booking.com. I would go back to this hotel

I stayed at London Visitors hotel. It's ridiculously near the Olympia. If you don't mind walking up stairs and shared bathrooms, it's actually a fairly nice place by London standards - the staff was friendly, the rooms comfy and clean, and the breakfast great. And the price was unbeatable, at least at the time we booked it (March I believe).

• Like 1

I stayed at Hotel 65 for the third time, it's a short walk from the Olympia and is quite cheap. We pay 300£ for 3 people and 3 nights. It's not the best hotel but it's decent, more than enough to have a shower and sleep :-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marie-Loup said:

I stayed at Hotel 65 for the third time, it's a short walk from the Olympia and is quite cheap. We pay 300£ for 3 people and 3 nights. It's not the best hotel but it's decent, more than enough to have a shower and sleep :-)

Yup I was there as well.

Cheap, simple and nice pretty unlimited breakfast. They even gave me a double room this year for myself :-D  for £50 it's hard to argue.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Marie-Loup said:

22 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

Yup I was there as well.

Cheap, simple and nice pretty unlimited breakfast. They even gave me a double room this year for myself :-D  for £50 it's hard to argue.

Interesting and helpful thread this as am thinking of doing 3 days next year. Loved all I got done in one day this year but was pretty rushed and had no chill time. Of course, all guest dependent. What was it like for sleeping at Hotel 65 as some of the reviews I've read say you can hear everything from the surrounding rooms? Seems good price and works out cheaper for hotel and weekend pass than the gold pass alone.

Edited by spengler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spengler said:

Interesting and helpful thread this as am thinking of doing 3 days next year. Loved all I got done in one day this year but was pretty rushed and had no chill time. Of course, all guest dependent. What was it like for sleeping at Hotel 65 as some of the reviews I've read say you can hear everything from the surrounding rooms? Seems good price and works out cheaper for hotel and weekend pass than the gold pass alone.

I think it depends which room you get, we were always lucky, not on the street side :-). You can hear noisy neighbours on the corridor sometimes, but once they are in their room, it's ok.

It's definitely not the best hotel you will stay in (not the worst either), but it's alright for the price and what we use it for (shower and sleep). I prefer to use the money for autographs and photos!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marie-Loup said:

I think it depends which room you get, we were always lucky, not on the street side :-). You can hear noisy neighbours on the corridor sometimes, but once they are in their room, it's ok.

It's definitely not the best hotel you will stay in (not the worst either), but it's alright for the price and what we use it for (shower and sleep). I prefer to use the money for autographs and photos!

I stayed in May and had bed bugs. Will never stay there again. Very noisy too but i was on street side. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marie-Loup said:

Thanks. Shower and sleep is all that is needed : - )

(Providing no bed bugs!)

• Like 1

Been in that area a lot on that street over the last 5 years (8 times I Think) and bed, sleep and breakfast is always fine for me. I use cheap ear plugs and sleep heavenly haha

But that long street of hotels are all the same pretty much. I have been on ground floor, basement, back and street side. I still go back, so it shows you I haven't had anything too bad. 

No bed bugs, really sad to hear that happened shippercrazy. That could even put me off! 

I paid from £20 to £55 on that street. So for the price I cannot complain. I keep going back, that says somethimg (that I am cheap haha).

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 0:38 PM, Marie-Loup said:

On 8/9/2017 at 0:40 PM, RomeroSavini said:

Yup I was there as well.

Booked a room for 3 nights that has free cancellation although hopefully wont need to use that.

Cheers for the tip.

• Like 1