Valene Kane Appreciation Thread

GPHybjO.jpg

2KXM1xa.jpg

Hi guys :-),

Did you meet Valene Kane? How was your experience with her?

She was one of the highlights of my week-end. First I met her for her solo photo shoot on Saturday, she was lovely and engaging. Saying hi to everyone, asking for our names. I really felt welcome. On the Sunday, I got an autograph and thought she was very friendly and interested in what you had to say. We had a chat about The Fall and her heartbreaking scene, I told her it was brilliant acting and really hard to watch. She thanked me and said it meant a lot to her. We also talked about Lyra Erso and the book Catalyst, I told her all my friends cried at the end of Rogue One but I also cried at the beginning. We agreed that Lyra is a great character and that it is too bad she has so little screen time. I really enjoyed the experience as I talked a few minutes with her, and she was responsive and genuine. I also love the autograph, she took her time to do it and it is very personalised. My last interaction with her was Sunday afternoon for the duo with Mads Mikkelsen, she actually remembered my name, I was really surprised and I told her that I was impressed by her memory. She was so nice I almost forgot one of my favourite actors was here (I'm joking, Mads Mikkelsen is a great guest too)! 

I really hope she comes back :-)

Edited by Marie-Loup
  • Like 4

She was great! Decided to get her auto on Sunday afternoon and so glad I did! The moment I started speaking her face lit up when she realised I was from NI as well, asking where I was from! ^_^:D Didn't stay long (no idea why. lol), but was more chuffed with it than I thought I'd be! Was really glad I met her! ^_^

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 4:46 PM, Admiral Ackbar said:

She was great.

Mistaken my scouse accent with NI at first which was the ice breaker. 

Should of really gotten a 8x10 aswell thinking back, loving the one you've shown here Marie-Loup

Nice to read about your experiences, guys! 

Yes, it's a great autograph. It's my favourite from this year (with Alan Tudyk's). She seems to have done/to be doing a few Showmasters events, so I'm sure you can do that soon :-)