I kept a rough Diary at LFCC

gazths1

Interesting to read your views on Daniel Portman, because I always think he makes the GoT talks something special. In ny opinion he was only overshadowed this year by Pilou, and last year I felt he was by far the best person on the panel. 

I've never met him at his table (i've never had the free finances) but my friends have, and they say he is really funny. I guess it is possibly his sense of humour just not coming off right for everybody. Good read though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Interesting to read your views on Daniel Portman, because I always think he makes the GoT talks something special. In ny opinion he was only overshadowed this year by Pilou, and last year I felt he was by far the best person on the panel. 

I've never met him at his table (i've never had the free finances) but my friends have, and they say he is really funny. I guess it is possibly his sense of humour just not coming off right for everybody. Good read though!

Thanks :) I may be a little harsh, but that was my first impression of him. Maybe would have been a different experience at his Auto Table? 

interesting write up.    

surprised at your thoughts on Daniel Portman... we met him in Glasgow and he was lovely.  took lods time to talk to us and asking where we lived and the auto personalisation he gave was so nice.      he also said he liked doing these events especially the smaller ones as more time for fans.    guess anyone can have an off day maybe.  :)

11 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

interesting write up.    

surprised at your thoughts on Daniel Portman... we met him in Glasgow and he was lovely.  took lods time to talk to us and asking where we lived and the auto personalisation he gave was so nice.      he also said he liked doing these events especially the smaller ones as more time for fans.    guess anyone can have an off day maybe.  :)

Maybe shouldn't judge him so harshly, but it was my first impression of him

1 hour ago, gazths1 said:

It took me a while to sort threw my notes, but this is my blog with my experience of my first ever con at LFCC.

https://lfccbeforeduringandafter.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/my-notes-from-lfcc.html

Nice to read :)

I agree about the Diamond pass, went on Thursday where I just get my badge for Finn Jones and I've been a bit surprised to have to queue on Saturday for getting the rest. (It was my first time as a diamond pass, maybe I missed an information about to queue twice though)

I did not attend the GoT talk and screening so don't know why you have this opinion about Daniel but he is a nice guy. I'd advice you to pay a hello at his table once, maybe at a convention less busy than LFCC because he is popular and do not have the time really to chat, after we cannot please to everyone

Otherwise, I'm a bit surprised for the "no personnalisation" for Natalie Dormer. Met her before leaving the show on Saturday and a girl who was at the autograph table asked me my name.

1 minute ago, Aurele said:

Nice to read :)

I agree about the Diamond pass, went on Thursday where I just get my badge for Finn Jones and I've been a bit surprised to have to queue on Saturday for getting the rest. (It was my first time as a diamond pass, maybe I missed an information about to queue twice though)

I did not attend the GoT talk and screening so don't know why you have this opinion about Daniel but he is a nice guy. I'd advice you to pay a hello at his table once, maybe at a convention less busy than LFCC because he is popular and do not have the time really to chat, after we cannot please to everyone

Otherwise, I'm a bit surprised for the "no personnalisation" for Natalie Dormer. Met her before leaving the show on Saturday and a girl who was at the autograph table asked me my name.

I think I will try and meet him now, probably my first opinion was harsh and not very accurate.

I think they can change the no personnalisation threw the day, I might be wrong and maybe I read the signs wrong lol. I wouldn't be surprised.

I though Daniel looked really grumpy last year but when I actually met him this year he was genuinly so lovely. He really made an effort to chat, I'm usually really shy around the guests but I found him very easy to talk to. I met loads of guests over the weekend but I have to say Daniel and Gemma Whelan were the nicest that I met :D

Edited by Marie!

1 hour ago, Sebster118 said:

Nice.

Noticed you were at photoshoots and talks that I went to as well:

Alan Tudyk and Kristian Nairn photoshoots on Friday

Alan Tudyk talk

David Bradley Tardis photoshoot

I think I saw you in one of the lines and also when we were getting in. I watched some of your YouTube videos from previous year's LFCC's :) 

1 hour ago, Sebster118 said:

I don't have any youtube vids posted, but was in one from 2015.

I was the Chicken with Fries/Rice guy with Hodor.

Sorry I think I have mistaken you for someone else lol I shouldn't trust my eyes with such a small picture ;) 

16 hours ago, gazths1 said:

I think I will try and meet him now, probably my first opinion was harsh and not very accurate.

I think they can change the no personnalisation threw the day, I might be wrong and maybe I read the signs wrong lol. I wouldn't be surprised.

I've heard other people speak quite negatively about him as well, but I've met him 3 times now and he's always been a perfect gent.

10 hours ago, Full Metal Jackie said:

Hello there natedammit, I'm new to this forum, but you seem familiar - did you used to be Admiral Bear?

No I'm afraid not. Interestingly, during my time in the Navy I didn't make it past Commodore. They considered making me Rear Admiral, but I laughed every time they mentioned it so that put them off.

• Like 1