Cosplay Appreciation Thread

I don't quite know why I left this until now to add this to the forum. I was amazed at the effort that went into this years cosplayers.

I have loved seeing what people do each year at these events and this year was just mind blowing. I saw so many children that looked incredible. To name a few I spotted a kid that had created his own Spiderman Homecoming costume that Peter Parker created himself in the movie. To see the attention to detail that this kid had but into his costume made my day. Also to note there was a cosplay event happening on a stage that I spotted whilst walking by. Every child that came out in costume walked out nervously and got standing ovations and then walked off stage with their heads held high and full of what can only be explained as pure happiness, like they were experiencing the greatest moment of their lives as of yet. All the other cosplayers, young and old were there to support them too and it just touched my heart in a way that I needed to express my appreciation for everyone involved. I really want to get all my friends going in cosplay next year so we can do the same thing and make the little kids that come along feel awesome about themselves. All of you were true heroes and I just feel that you all deserve a shout out. Thank you for giving not just the kids but myself the greatest memory of LFCC 2017. :D  

• Like 6

I saw lots of amazing cosplayers. The most memorable off the top of my head are:

- One Comedian who, apart from a very nice costume, absolutely looked like Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

- King Arthur and his squire from the Holy Grail

- Cockknocker and Chronic.

- Doctor Strange, Kaecilius and the Ancient One.

- The Fawlty Towers family.

• Like 1

Just now, MarioVl said:

- One Comedian who, apart from a very nice costume, absolutely looked like Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

If it's the same guy, seen him on Sunday cosplaying as Negan outside Steven Yeun's shoot! He was the spitting image! Meant to get a photo with him after the shoot but he'd vanished. :(

• Like 1

I saw amazing cosplayer throughout the weekend. The above mentioned of course. But I also saw several SG-1 cosplayers who were just spot on! Also Castiel and Crowley that I chatted to in one of the photo queues. The guys cosplaying as Nedry and Dodgson from Jurassic Park were so awesome! Of course all of the Marvel related ones were terrific!

Thank you to EVERYONE who cosplays. I love seeing you and marveling at your costumes and just grinning like a fool because I love seeing people being so enthusiastic about their fandom(s)!

Always a highlight of the con to see what the cosplayers come up with :-)

Kaecilius and the Ancient One were great! I also loved the comic con guest cosplay, it was so original! Another original one I saw was Samara from The Ring when she's crawling out of the television.

And a special shout-out to Star Wars cosplayers, what a friendly bunch! We cosplayed as Star Wars characters on Sunday, and all the Star Wars cosplayers were saying hi or interacting with us.

Edited by Marie-Loup
  • Like 1

A few impressed me that I took photos of them:

One lady as a Comic Con Guest You Never Heard Of (which I added verbally, and on my Facebook post, But Financially Obligated To Attend) on the Saturday

A friend as Crystal Maze Richard Ayoade, also on the Saturday

One guy as Ulysses 31 on the Sunday

Edited by Sebster118

I loved seeing all the cosplayer's this year!  So much love and effort must have gone into these amazing costumes!  The ones that really impressed me were...  The cosplayer's dressed up as Jon Snow, the cosplayer's dressed up as Margaery Tyrell, and the cosplayer who was dressed up as Joffrey Baratheon with a Burger King crown on his head! :smile: