Dean Cain Appreciation Thread

Pod0509

I was looking forward to meeting Dean right from the get go. He was the highlight of my Saturday evenings in the 90's. I used to watch Lois and Clarke with my brother. He would drool over Teri Hatcher and I would drool over Dean :drool:. The show itself was very entertaining and light hearted and I loved it very much for what it was.

Dean Cain is by far for me the nicest, funniest, sweetest and most charming guests I have ever met at a Con. When I asked if I could stand in front of him for a big bear hug pose for my photo and he just wrapped himself around me, it was an absolute dream come true.

When we were standing waiting for my autograph you could clearly see from a far how much he loved chatting and getting to know his fans that little bit better. As we got a little bit closer, Michael Rosenbaum was returning to his signing table and proceeded to have a bit of light banter with Dean which was hilarious. Dean then looked up at us in the queue and said "Seriously, you think I'm trouble, he's 100% worse". A very funny moment to have been witness too :D.

As I approached the front of the queue he greeted me by saying it was nice to see me again (I think proving he really does take an interest). I think then I can only describe the moments that followed to be both incredibly surreal and jaw dropping when we stated to have a bit of light banter (and dare I say flirting) of our own, especially when I said he was the highlight of my Saturday nights and he came back with "You could be the highlight of my Saturday nights"!!!!! O....M....G WOW :eek::rolleyes:.

As I walked away from the table I felt that every single penny I had spent to meet him that weekend had been totally worth it and to be honest I would have happily paid more! He made the whole experience exactly how it should of been. Memorable!

It reminded me of a couple of years ago (may of even been last year) when I joined my husband at the signing table with Terry Farrell and she took one look at my husband and said "You are so cute" :D

Just to have a guest say "Hi, How are you" is an amazing feeling but to have a guest build up that kind of rapport with you is on another level completely.

I for one can 100% say that in my opinion, Dean Cain can come back anytime he likes and Showermasters I just want to say a massive thank you for getting him there and please feel free to invite him back!! :wub:.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's experience with him. 

• Like 5

Dean was someone I was excited to meet when he was announced for collectormania. Sadly I didn't get to go due to family issues and was delighted when I saw he was announced for lfcc. I had my photo with him on Friday. He loved my He-Man shirt and was such a nice guy. I then decided to get my autograph from him and again, was a true gent. I explained why I couldn't meet him at Birmingham. He was very sincere and was chatting away to me. I was explaining about how much I enjoyed him in Las Vegas. He laughed and said he  almost...almost felt bad for getting paid for working there. He signed my comic "To Chris, from one superman to another". I enjoyed my time with him so much, I bought a photo for Sunday and got a photo of us hugging. A true gent and one of the nicest people I've ever met at a convention. Thanks showmasters. 

• Like 2

Really lovely guy, I was soooo pleased when he was announced as Birmingham was just not feasible for me transport wise. He really seemed happy to be there and genuinely ready to chat to people. He apologised for not being able to greet me properly at the photo shoot when I went for my autograph and was just wonderful. My picture is one of my favourites ever from a SM con and I absolutely loved his talk as well. 

• Like 1

He was so wonderful, seemed really happy to be there, talking at great length with everyone, really engaged and interested <3

At autos I told him I'd gotten into the show because my sister left to do her military basic training and told me to record every episode for her on vhs (we joked a lot then at how old we all are lol). He asked a lot of questions about her service in the USAF and said to tell her Thank you which was said in a very heartfelt way and thought that was really sweet of him. We were chatting for a good few minutes (and was so nice and even complimentary at one point) when he signed my dvds 'you can be my lois anytime' haha I laugh but, really, *swoon* ;)

He was equally lovely during photo ops, I asked for the pose in my icon pic here which he must get asked to do countless times but he excitedly agreed to it anyway ("love it, let's do it!").

Seriously, what a sweetheart and I really hope he'll be attending again!

• Like 4

I was surprised that I got in sunday (missed the chance friday/saturday) even his time was limited for a few hours per day.

I always have wanted to meet him since I've watched in the 90's "Beverly Hills 90210" and of course "Lois & Clark". Been a bit afraid how he will be in Person (arrogant, tired, reserved or whatever) but surprise: he was incredible nice. He wasnt yet there at his table. Then he arrived (he did Looks a bit busy/rushed) smiled and said "hi" to the People who''ve waited.

He always had a smile on his face while signing and talking to the People. I of course had a DVD cover with me of Lois & Clark. He's thankfull to have played this role and playing with all those wonderful guest stars and with Teri of course. Myself I haven't seen yet the second of "Supergirl" but read that Teri is in now. Dean: "oh yes.. it was wonderful to see her again and we are in the same Episode but... well you've to see!". I asked: and what about Brenda Walsh? Dean: "oh yes... Brenda... this was an amazing time. Such wonderful to have worked in this. This was before Lois and Clark. Only that ending of the Story-line for "Rick" was a bit worse". Yes.. definitive. Im still wondering what happened to Brenda when she left "Beverly Hills"... possible met Rick again? Who know, who know :-D

Well, I like your acting/work. He thanked, shoke the Hand... and smiled.

this was another great Meeting... even myself I'm always a bit stressed/nervous with my terrible english language :rolleyes:

Well done Showmaster. Thanks!!

Edited by Swissangel4616
correction
  • Like 2

Wasn't on my list of urgent must meet guests but when I did meet him on Saturday he was brilliant and I will definitely make  a point of seeing him again if he comes back. I can be quite shy sometimes and it was great that he made the effort to spark a conversation and even made an effort to speak to my mum who was just hanging around to the side. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lomax said:

Wasn't on my list of urgent must meet guests but when I did meet him on Saturday he was brilliant and I will definitely make  a point of seeing him again if he comes back. I can be quite shy sometimes and it was great that he made the effort to spark a conversation and even made an effort to speak to my mum who was just hanging around to the side. 

even spoke to my PA in fluent Spanish after asking his name.:thumbup:

Woah I didn't know he could speak Spanish! Haha Maybe he should give me some lessons xD it's so long since I didn't speak any Spanish... since I finished school xD 

Here's my "little" summary of my meeting with Dean Cain. Well, little... a big one ok XD

Summary of my second meeting with Dean Cain at LFCC 2017.  My first being in Birmingham at Collectormania 24 in June. I thoughy he was adorable (as I wrote down in the fanbook that I gave him). After this weekend he’s adorable X1000. 

Saturday, 29th July.

This day I only went to his talk between 5:05 and 5:30. I was at the second row in front and was the one who asked everybody if we could sing Happy birthday to him. One of my best ideas yet. I’m been harbouring this idea for about 2 weeks before the comic con. I could not wait to put it into practice.  

Sunday, 30th July. 

Today after 12:30pm I went to see him to get his autograph. I was already smiling inside of me knowing that soon he would be holding the fanbook that I’m been making since the beginning of the month since I saw he was announced. I could not wait to see his reaction.
When it was my turn in the queue and I stopped in front of him, Dean recognized me straight away from the day before at his talk. He asked if I was the one who ask to sing Happy birthday for his birthday.  When I said yes he thanked me again and even gave me a handshake.
Then, I gave him one of my two photoshoots from Birmingham to sign (which he loved) and asked for my name. I saw that he didn’t know how to write it. (It’s Aurora but with French pronunciation and spelling). I said “I knew I needed a paper” and the assistant next to him gave me a paper so I can write my name on it.
After he finished my autograph, I said: “I’ve got something for you here to which other fans have contributed as well.” I showed him the fanbook. He must have been very surprised but was very happy by it because after he went through the fanbook a bit he stood up and I gave me a hug. 
I asked if I could have a photo of him with the book and while I was seeing a blue shirt about to tell me “no posed photo allowed” Dean had already accepted and stoop up so the man didn’t say anything. 
After I got my photo, I told him see you later for the photo and then saying good bye I got another hug. He saw that Lily was sleeping  (my daughter) in the stroller and I said that she’ll probably be awake later for the photo.
However she wasn’t because as I was leaving the table, I realized only ten minutes later that it was already 12pm – time for the photoshoot. I ran to shoot area A. 

--------

At the photoshoot I said hello again and I presented him a small cake with a candle on it (kind of a chocolate muffin) that I bought just the day before at around 9pm. Then I said:
“Remember yesterday when the man said after we sang happy birthday  that we all should bring you a cake?”
“So you brought the cake?”
“Yes!”
The photographer was waiting to take his photo so we took place. And I said again: “Could you pretend to blow it?” which he did. After the photo was taken, he wanted to give me the cake back so I said: “No, it’s for you”. He thanked me and because he still had photoshoots to do he temporarily gave the cake to a blue shirt assistant nearby. Then I left the shoot area. 

---------

The second time I went to Dean’s autographs table was a little before 2pm because I wanted to tell him good bye. (As he was leaving by 2.30). Near the table I met a friend who was just passing by and I told her I was waiting here because I wanted to go and say good bye to Dean when he was going to leave. She didn’t know he was leaving so early today so I showed her on the showmasters website and here it was. She then said she had to tell a friend to come quickly over here if she wanted to get an autograph. I then waited for her and when she arrived she told me I could accompany her and we joined the queue. 
I was just staying slightly on the right side (with an excellent view in front of me – right in front of Dean who was just signing autographs –) but I wasn’t expecting what followed! At one time when one person left, he noticed me in the line and recognizing me he gave me this big wide smile and waved at me hello. I couldn’t believe my eyes and was jumping all around inside of me. 
“oh my god! He just waved at me!” and jokingly (of course) I was saying “haha it’s like we’re old friends now! All the effect of the fanbook and the song!” Clearly that little birthday present made him very happy! 
Later on while we were at the table, I showed my friend on the left, said “It’s not for me. I just came to say good bye.” Even though now I’m thinking about it I could have bought a second autograph as I could not get James & Oliver Phelps ‘ autograph on Saturday so I still had £60 in my pulse... shxt, now I’m going to regret it until I meet Dean again... 
I let him do his autograph then I remembered something I intended to ask before but forgot the first time. The French biscuits I gave him in Birmingham. So I asked and he said he ate them all and liked them! (I do hope he kept the lovely box though!!). Also, this time Lily was awake so he told her hi too but as I remembered I think she was too busy watching a video on my phone. 

Jokingly I asked him if he didn’t lose the fanbook and he said no while showing behind him on the floor where his suitcase must have been too (seeing as he took a plane back to the US on the same day. Cf. Instagram).
Then it was time to say good bye and I wished him to enjoy his birthday tomorrow and to have a good flight back to the US. I got a Super Good bye hug but my friend made me understand she didn’t have time to take a photo so I said to Dean: “She wants to take the hug in photo.” So as adorable as he is I had a second “Super” hug!! This time, there was no blue t-shirt guy to remind me “no posed photo” so it was all good... Well, technically, it was not a selfie! 

BEST DAY and BEST ENCOUNTER EVER. Already in Birmingham my first impression was good. “He’s adorable!” I kept repeating for days afterwards to everyone. But after this weekend, he’s Super Super Adorable!

Please Showmasters, invite Dean Cain again next year!!! ... and with Teri if she can. That is my next life goal. Having my photo taken with the both of them. I SO love Lois & Clark show even today 20 years after. They’re just perfect cast for their characters. Please, please, please. 

Edited by Eurora
  • Like 2

I've met Dean for the first time and it was lovely. I had the chance to see him all three days and I loved it. I had 2 photoshoot tickets for Friday and he was so friendly. I was shy and afraid to ask for the pose I really wanted but he came up with that exactly pose so it really made my day. After that I bought 3 more photoshoot tickets for Sunday.

On Saturday I went for the autograph but I didn't know if I wanted a photo from the table or my photo with him to get signed. So of course I did both of them. He was so lovely and he loved the photo and I told him I had 2 and get 3 more done on Sunday and he was surprised and loved it. He was looking forward to see me again. The talk was amazing and I loved to hear him talk and he is always so fun.

On Sunday I had the other photos and he was so kind and took the time so I could think about what poses I wanted. He liked the ideas and was happy to do them. He even remembered my name from Saturday. It was the first time an actor remembered my name so it made everything even more special.

I really hope to see him again. He is the first actor I've spent so much money on but is was really worth it. Even after a week I can't stop thinking about that weekend and I'm surrounded with his photos in my room.

• Like 1