Fave moment of the convention?

6 hours ago, sarah-monster said:

Stassy, was this in the photoshoot or the table? Either way is awesome :wub:

The photo shoot, I wasn't brave enough to ask for a hug at the table.  I literally flung myself at him when he said yes and looks a little amused/taken aback in the picture.  He's such a sweetheart though, I'd do it all again :wub:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stassy said:

The photo shoot, I wasn't brave enough to ask for a hug at the table.  I literally flung myself at him when he said yes and looks a little amused/taken aback in the picture.  He's such a sweetheart though, I'd do it all again :wub:

He was so lovely, wasn't he?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lokinestro said:

He was so lovely, wasn't he?

Totally, he's such a cool dude, took everything in his stride whether fans wanted a posed picture, a hug or whatever.  He was friendly and welcoming to everyone he met and he's just a really nice guy.

• Like 2

So I was crewing on Saturday, scanning tickets on photo booth E, and this guy came along and asked me about one of the queues and then added "btw you're really beautiful." Which is the nicest thing anybody has ever said and I didn't get a name or number *weeps* 

con highlights: ALL the guests 

• Like 3

This was my first LFCC (and very possibly now, first of many), and my fave moment was meeting author Laura Morgan, whose Black Rose series has been on my Amazon wishlist for months. She was just so bubbly and friendly, and was kind enough to throw in the Black Rose prequel for free when I bought the set. :wub: 

And I loved Tom Wilson's "no questions" song, too :lol:

• Like 1

Meeting Pamela Anderson, actually getting a few minutes to chat with her and say what I wanted to say without making an idiot of myself. Getting my Baywatch photo, VIP figure and Barb Wire DVD signed. I truly hope you bring her back again, I'd do it all over again, I was absolutely elated to finally be able to meet her!

• Like 1

On 02/08/2017 at 10:40 PM, DaughterOfAnarchy said:

So I was crewing on Saturday, scanning tickets on photo booth E, and this guy came along and asked me about one of the queues and then added "btw you're really beautiful." Which is the nicest thing anybody has ever said and I didn't get a name or number *weeps* 

con highlights: ALL the guests 

I believe I overheard that whilst I was at photo E. He was right!;)

My favourite moment was actually a sequence of events:

1. Meeting Dean Cain in the autograph queue and getting him to sign a letter I'd received from Chris Reeve whilst I was in hospital (I had the same injury)
  2. Meeting Benedict Cumberbatch for all of a few seconds, but seeing his reaction to my surname when I mentioned it on my way out (and the reaction on Twitter since has been hilarious)
  3. Tricia Helfer both in the autograph when I chatted with her, and what followed in the photo shoot at the end of Saturday
  4. Whilst #3 was going on, being name dropped by Dean Cain during his free talk on the main stage (about our interaction in #1), been feeling chuffed ever since!

Fab value for my money.

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 5

Only went on Sat,  but my fave moments were seeing my 5 year old son have such a good time. He has dressed as a mimi Darth Vader am and Batman pm and he really enjoyed having photos with other superheros/villans and also really enjoyed people asking to have their photo with him. Also photo shoot with john Cleese was a highlight, my son was tired by then and a very kind man said we could go in front of him in the queue which was very kind and we got to move about 10 places ahead of where we were...hope that didn't up set them! 

TRUE STORY..

Being with a young lad who's only 8 and wearing a all in one darth vader costume' he turns to me and says

"Dad" I need the toilet"

OK pal" come on let's get you sorted' so off we trot to the dunny. 

Get there' and stripping him down we standing next to each other obviously minding our own business and then someone caught my eye to the left..

I looked at the old boy and I knew straight away who it was but No-One else did.

I leaned over to the left and whispered in my lads ear'

"Pal I'm not going to lie to you' but if you look left then you will see BOBA FETT having a wee in the same toilet as us"

Being 8' he looked" then looked at me and we both started laughing..

Would you believe it' we all walked to the sink at the same time and I said to Jeremy'

Their's not many people in the Galaxy who can say they have shared a toilet with BOBA FETT" and then we all started laughing..

We were still laughing when we walked back to the Mrs and my daughter who were also laughing..

SEE' sometimes it's not about how much you spend to make memories. 

I hope you enjoyed it..

• Like 4

Not my first LFCC by a long shot but certainly one of the better ones!

1) meeting Alyson Hannigan and Kevin Smith, who have been on my "want" list for many years and who did not disappoint, they were both so nice and seemed genuinely happy to be there! Can we have them back please?

2) Kevin Smith popping out before his Sunday shoot to give a little and hilarious speech to everybody waiting

3) Benedict Wong having himself a little party with a loudspeaker on the way out of his photoshoot on the Sunday

4) Alexis Denisoff, in the queue for his autograph, every single person who walked away from his table said "he's SO nice!" And he was very sweet to the couple in front of me with their son who got a little upset that he wasn't allowed to get a selfie

5) the crew member on the 3pm Sunday photoshoot for Alyson was amazing at clearing his floor and organising everyone into queues, he lost it a little around batch 5 & 6 when people got a little bit impatient but still held it together enough to keep control. That man needs a raise! :)

6) the dude in the red Warhammer cosplay was immense and amazing, at one point I saw one of his crew giving him water and he was sweating buckets. I don't know how he managed to get through the whole weekend in that but kudos to him! 

7) the many people who asked me about the Portal cube i made (I was Chell with a portal cube on the Saturday and my husband was Silent Bob on the Saturday) I do actually have the portal gun but was unable to locate it in time for Saturday so just did a really quick botch job of a cube on Friday evening with a box, a hot glue gun, some foam and paint I had laying around. Considering it was a really quick make, many thanks to those of you who said it was awesome! Also thanks to the guy who sang "this is a triumph!" To me when I was holding my cube in the air so I didn't bash anyone with it. You made me laugh! 

8) the amount of people who said "nice Silent Bob cosplay!" To my husband on the Sunday when he wasn't doing a cosplay, you made his day! :)

In all, it was a very relaxed convention. The last LFCC we did was the Stan Lee one and TBH it was chaotic and kind of put us off going but this years line up was unmissable. Showmasters seems to have hit on a formula that works, having the autographs separate to the stalls is great and eases overcrowding (around the stalls anyway!) And there was a nice mix of merchandise overall. A very enjoyable Con, we were still exhausted 2 days later! :P

• Like 2

Making eye contact with another Poe Dameron cosplayer and waving at each other, Valene Kane and Michael Madsen remembering my name during the photo shoots a few hours after the autographs, Jessica Henwick greeting me at the autograph table with "Hello, I love your hair!",  the GOT talk and Pilou Asbæk's hilarious and inappropriate comments, meeting some Twitter friends in person, a little girl playing with my BB-8 suitcase, climbing up the stairs with my boyfriend dressed as Han Solo and seeing a Kylo Ren cosplayer who said to him "I need to kill you!" ^^... so many great memories :D

I have a few.

Asking John Carroll Lynch his most memorable moment as Twisty the Clown, and he said shooting one particular scene at 3:30am, he needed to drop to the floor.. he was so tired he fell asleep the second he landed! Also my friend who wasn't sure who he was to begin with, wanted an autograph herself by the end of the weekend, so please bring him back soon Showmasters!

Demolition: the guys were just so unbelievably nice! 

The crew member with his hair tied back working at the talks Sunday, and his playful teasing of my friend and I (mainly me!), such a brilliant, funny guy and definitely added to the weekend highlights!

I technically arrived just too late for the Mads photoshoot on Sunday morning, but as I had a diamond pass and they (Mads included) were just waiting for Benedict (Mads and Ben were going to have a dual shoot) I got to take my photo with Mads then, but as the photographer and temporarily left the area they had to locate someone to take the photo first so while waiting Mads came over to me and started chatting with me. He really liked the fact I was Norwegian since and immediately switched over to speaking Danish. (the Scandinavian languages are close enough that we, for the most part, understand each other) 

• Like 4

My favourite photo was the one I got with Alan Tudyk in which he did a really funny back to back pose with me, where I didn't actually realise what he was doing until I saw the printed pic.

At the autograph tables I really enjoyed my conversations with Alexis Denisof, and I loved what Mads Mikkelsen inscribed on my Brother's auto. (A 'Mr Doctor' quote from the film) Though my favourite moment there was actually in the queue for John Rhys Davies, as upon seeing the young fellow in front of me was in a wheelchair, he immediately bounded up from his table, came round to speak to him, and offered to take a photo with him crouching down in a quite funny pose. And then as he struggled up and back to his desk, he turned to me and exclaimed, "Ahh, it's not the years...it's the mileage!" Hahaha! Wonderful guy!

As for talks, I only caught the last half of the Mark Sheppard one, as I'd been delayed getting an auto for my brother from Kevin Smith, (worth it though..) and then had quite a lot of trouble finding Stage 2. (My god, is it tucked away!) but Mark was magnificant. He actually came off the stage and wondered in and around the audience with his microphone, speaking to people face to face, and was absolutely hilarious through out. So even though it was only the last half, I was so glad that I got to see that. Best talk of the weekend for me!

Edited by Jason S
Typo
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Jason S said:

As for talks, I only caught the last half of the Mark Sheppard one, as I'd been delayed getting an auto for my brother from Kevin Smith, (worth it though..) and then had quite a lot of trouble finding Stage 2. (My god, is it tucked away!) but Mark was magnificant. He actually came off the stage and wondered in and around the audience with his microphone, speaking to people face to face, and was absolutely hilarious through out. So even though it was only the last half, I was so glad that I got to see that. Best talk of the weekend for me!

I've seen Mark. S talks a few times now and I don't think I've EVER seen him stay on stage! He often wanders round stealing and munching on other peoples food.

His are the best talks I've seen. So funny :-D

• Like 1

Tricia Helfer was the best for me this time. So friendly and chatting to everyone at the auto table. Even stood up for me while discussing her actual height and her shoed height. I also got to ask a question in her talk. I have a lot of social anxieties so talking in front of crowds is not my thing but it made me feel brave to do so and she gave a detailed and interesting answer too :-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sketty Harley said:

I've seen Mark. S talks a few times now and I don't think I've EVER seen him stay on stage! He often wanders round stealing and munching on other peoples food.

His are the best talks I've seen. So funny :-D

Haha! I didn't know that.

They really are the best!

• Like 1

It has to be meeting Natalie Dormer. It was even better than what I had anticipated (and tried not to anticipate in case I got disappointed, which didn't happen!)

I rarely if ever get actually nervous (as opposed to excited!) when meeting a celeb, and I kinda had in mind how I wanted to introduce myself during the photo op, but once I met Natalie's eyes I had this... collapse :lol:. Then she said, "hello my good sir!", all smiles, and before I know it she was quite close and just looking stunning. I finally collected myself (this was all mere seconds, and yet I remember it as a 40-minute episode!), introduced myself and before I could ask she just pulled my arm so I could give her a gentle hug. She is SO beautiful up close. But you all know that. After the photo was taken, she took the time to shake my hand, and I was off with her saying "bye darling!", a stupid grin on my face. The pic did came out great though.

She was an awesome, kind guest and took her time with everybody. She was, hands down, a person worth meeting. And her talk was great too. Just watching her speak and her body language, she really has that amazing flare and poise I expected. Hopefully she'll come to LFCC again! 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 7:44 PM, MarinoSR said:

It has to be meeting Natalie Dormer. It was even better than what I had anticipated (and tried not to anticipate in case I got disappointed, which didn't happen!)

I rarely if ever get actually nervous (as opposed to excited!) when meeting a celeb, and I kinda had in mind how I wanted to introduce myself during the photo op, but once I met Natalie's eyes I had this... collapse :lol:. Then she said, "hello my good sir!", all smiles, and before I know it she was quite close and just looking stunning. I finally collected myself (this was all mere seconds, and yet I remember it as a 40-minute episode!), introduced myself and before I could ask she just pulled my arm so I could give her a gentle hug. She is SO beautiful up close. But you all know that. After the photo was taken, she took the time to shake my hand, and I was off with her saying "bye darling!", a stupid grin on my face. The pic did came out great though.

She was an awesome, kind guest and took her time with everybody. She was, hands down, a person worth meeting. And her talk was great too. Just watching her speak and her body language, she really has that amazing flare and poise I expected. Hopefully she'll come to LFCC again! 

I had a photo-shoot session on Sunday afternoon with Natalie Dormer.  Even though it was only a few minutes, she was so lovely!  I was a bit nervous, but when I saw Natalie and how she was interacting with everyone, I felt at ease.  She was always smiling!  When it was my turn, she made me feel so at ease.  She put her arms out to me, I made her laugh, and she hugged me for our photo...  I only said a few sentences to her, but she was so friendly and polite.  Making her laugh was definately one of the highlights of the convention! :smile:

Edited by ChloeLou

• 2 weeks later...

LFCC 2017 has certainly been a highlight of my year so far. I have a couple of highlights that I would like to share:

1. Matt Lucas was amazing! He's one of those people that I can't remember not knowing. He's just part of British culture and it was a pleasure to meet him. 

The price for his autograph was well worth it. I've paid more money for celebrities but the experience hasn't been half as good. He was happy to do selfies and chat for a few minutes about Nardole. I really got the feeling that he wasn't just there to make money, he put lots of effort in engaging with all fans. 

The crew member looking after his queue also added to my experience, particularly after being messed about by the sales desk trying to buy a photo with Matt.

2. James & Oliver Phelps were a pleasure to meet. Another guest announcement who put so much effort into engaging with fans. I've never met two guests at the same time like this and I thought it was great.

I hope that the guest list is as good next year. There was so much variety in it that allowed me to meet people I had never dreamed of!

• Like 2