Fave moment of the convention?

Having a chat with Tom Wilson about his voice work on Spongebob Squarepants. I had brought my own print with me of one the characters he voiced and he loved it. He also said he loved my Back To The Future cosplay and his "questions" song he performed during his talk was hilarious. :)

• Like 1

So many favourite moments but I would defiantly put these in my Top 3:

1. Meeting Phil LaMarr. Last year, Phil contacted me on my DeviantArt page and asked if he could use one of my Futurama drawings to sign at Comic Cons in America. I was more than honoured that he would ask me and I said "yes". Five months later I received a signed autograph in the mail from him. This year was my chance to meet and thank him in person and it made my Comic Con experience all the more special. Thank you again, Phil!
  2. Meeting Alan Tudyk. He was really funny and not only did he sign my copy of Wreck-It Ralph, but he even said the line: "Have some CANDY!" Thanks again, Alan!
  3. Having my photo taken with so many fans who really liked my Negan cosplay. I knew Negan was a popular character but I didn't expect so many people to ask if I would pose for a photo with them, Thank you, Comic Con fans!
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Matt Thornton said:

So many favourite moments but I would defiantly put these in my Top 3:

1. Meeting Phil LaMarr. Last year, Phil contacted me on my DeviantArt page and asked if he could use one of my Futurama drawings to sign at Comic Cons in America. I was more than honoured that he would ask me and I said "yes". Five months later I received a signed autograph in the mail from him. This year was my chance to meet and thank him in person and it made my Comic Con experience all the more special. Thank you again, Phil!
  2. Meeting Alan Tudyk. He was really funny and not only did he sign my copy of Wreck-It Ralph, but he even said the line: "Have some CANDY!" Thanks again, Alan!
  3. Having my photo taken with so many fans who really liked my Negan cosplay. I knew Negan was a popular character but I didn't expect so many people to ask if I would pose for a photo with them, Thank you, Comic Con fans!

I'm sure I walked past you outside taking my signed Kill Bill sword sheeths back to the car! You were facially in character even outside lol

• Like 1

One of my fave moments included none of the guests...

Dancing the Macarena with a bunch of people on the way into the autograph area. 

(I was hanging around waiting for Sean Biggerstaff to be back at his table and they were trying to get a group dancing... I didn't resist at all, if you've got the chance to dance with Deadpool you're gonna do it!)

Also Dean Cain. I know I keep saying it but damn I was not disappointed with meeting that man!

• Like 1

(in no order)

Horses butt discussion with David Morrissey! 
my friend has a Walking Dead season 1 poster that she has signed by LOADS of the cast. David signed it across the horses bum and hes done it on every other poster ive seen him sign, so i had to ask about it. his reply: "well, thats where the governor belongs! also, ive been told i look like a horses butt"

John Cleese: every single millisecond i had with that man was incredible. what an outstanding human being! (also seeing Mr Cleese messing around with the guy in front of me in the photo op queue. the guy had long hair and as the picture was taken cleese grabbed a handful  of the guys hair and held it above his head and was grinning like an idiot. it was just so funny.)

Dan Fogler demanding to see my Walking Dead comic tattoo (David Morrissey loved it as well) and exclaiming "THAT'S F*CKING AWESOME!"

Playing I spy with a group of people while waiting in the queue for Dan Fogler

Steven Yeun being so nice

FINALLY meeting Emily Kinney after she cancelled 3 appearances at cons i was planning on attending previously! (and she was lovely)

chilling with friends and several of us all buying cuddly alpacas for the alpacalypse

my discussion with John Carroll Lynch about us both being left handed, at which point my friend called us both "Filthy Lefties"

it was such a good couple of days!

Edited by josh-hammond
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, josh-hammond said:

chilling with friends and several of us all buying cuddly alpacas

I saw those and my husband told me to get one and I didnt...so wish I had now :(   i did get two David Tennant cushions tho :)      

May I have a few?

1) Benedict Cumberbatch signing my drawing then adding "BRILLIANT, thank you x" on it while saying mid-way through "I always feel like a teacher when I write things like this!" and just generally being lovely (as always).

2) Benedict Wong apologising to me for being late cause he was feeding his baby son and also just generally being lovely.

3) The Benedict Cumberbatch talk and the cameo appearance by two little kids dressed as Thor and Dr Strange and were totally adorable.

4) The Monty Python and the Holy Grail cosplay dudes and their amazing coconut clip-clopping through the hall and making everyone smile.

5) Seeing everyone's excited faces as they came out of autograph or photo booths. Lovely infectious happiness :)  

• Like 3

well... I had many great moments... even it was busy (but MUCH more relaxed than two years ago).

Talking about SARAH DOUGLAS: she was incredible. She was the first Person friday morning I met. I was the first in the line with a couple People behind me. She arrived and came straight Forward to everybody single one who waited.. was greeting, asked Name and where we came from. She was INCREDIBLE nice and took also time to answer any questions.

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH: I've expected a incredible crowd on friday. He was in time and I got very fast in. He smiled, asked Name and was blessed when i said that he is a good actor - lol... even with my terrible english.

Love my Matt Lucas Picture with a Quote from a Marx Brothers movie I've written onto paper. He did read it - smiled and asked: do you want really that I do this? Me: "only if you want". He did and he had a incrdible smile in his face.

I went not queuing Tom Wilson / Christopher Lloyd - to much People. But I noticed that Tom Wilson was incredible nice during signing and talked with People. Even he walked from A to B he talked to fans and took notice'em. I booked photoshooting with him/Delorean. Even there he was incredible nice :wub: (In the BTFF he wasnt :D ). Love my pic with him.

Also went to David Bradley who's popular right now for his bad ass role in GoT. With all those fans who had waiting in the Long Queue I thought he might be tired and not ready to talk. but surprising: he was very nice, smiled and answered one question and was happy when I mentioned his great acting.

To the CREW: I should say - everybody was great and did a great Job. Those at Mads Mikkelsen and Benedict Cumberbatch, Lloyd, Wilson's Autograph-area or Photo Areas had a lot to. But Mikkelsen's (on Sunday) and Cumberbatch's (Friday) photo Shooting were really well organized (calling in first Diamonds, then Gold and then the Batches) and mostly it was relaxed.

And thanks TO Showmaster... for having MUCH more space / hall booked and keept the Merchandising area separate and kept autograph area and photoshooting on same floor. So there wasn't much "running" around (as it was two years ago). Please Keep it that way for next time!!!!!

• Like 1

I have three 

m6pfjca.jpg

One : kevin smith , every interaction I had with him was an unrestrained pleasure . He was kind , funny and very chatty . I told him that a combination of him and the film clerks and my wife had kept me clean for 10 years . He smiled , high fived me stood up and gave me a hug and said " you did that brother , not me " wrote " you are my hero " on my mallrats poster then shook my wifes hand and talked with her for a few minutes then to to top this off at his shoot he remembered me said " after what you told me man you gey a hug " gave me a huuuuge hug and took the photo .... just an awesome guy 

v6Z83Ca.jpg

Two : Alyson Hannigan . Note I am a huge buffy fan and getting to meet alyson was something I thought would never happen . But I was so nervous . But showed her my buffy poster to sign , he showed suprise and said she had never seen it before , she started to question me about who made it ( nicolas brendon had 250 of them made for WCC ) and then I asked her about her experiences of making my stepmother is an alien . We chatted for about another 4 minutes or so and I left a happy guy and was the same at her shoot she was the same . Happy and engaging

E7wPG1r.jpg

Three John Cleese . To fully get all the feelings I felt meeting john would take up the rest of the forum but in short he shook my hand patted my shoulder was very chatty and lovely during his shoot . I was so worried he wasnt going to live up to my expectations and he surpassed them 

And a cheeky last one ... I was tickled by gimli during a photoshoot .... how often can you get to say that ..... this is why I love LFCC :D

EotEMSG.jpg

Edited by teskothemad
  • Like 5

My favourite moment was at the Michael Madsen photo shoot when he noticed my t-shirt which said 'Guns don't kill people, Mr Blonde kills people' and said that he "loves my f*cking shirt" then asked me where I got it & also gave me a hug after the photo was taken.

He was so amazing :wub:

• Like 4

Being around at the time Tommy Flanagan & Mark Boone Jr. started using that Dealers Scooter that looke dlike a Harley, awesome moment of them pratting about & then having a feaud with Dvaid Labrava between the board that seperate dthem, hilarious stuff.

Then seeing John Rhys Dvaies going wild at his Auto Table standing on Chairs & Swinging an Axe about whilst I was queuing for Kevin SMith at the time.  Absolutely mental energy for a gent of his age.

• Like 1

Chatting with Sarah Douglas & Kevin Smith was a pure delight.

Thanking John Cleese for all the great comedy over the years and his warm genuine replay Thank You it means so much to me you saying that.

Finding out my rejected photo at the Sarah Douglas photo shoot ended up in Alan Tudyk "bag of crap" and that somewhere out there someone has his autograph on "my evil looking face" Alan words I've been told..lol

• Like 1

Favourite moments, I have so many...

(In no particular order)

1. Having the most random chat about Harry Potter with Christian. Turns out his wife was chosen to do that the "Wand chooses the Wizard" at Ollivanders in Wizarding World, Florida.

2. A crew member coming up to my son to tell him he liked his dinosaur t-shirt!

3. Kevin Smith addressing the crowds just before his photo shoot on Sunday morning. 

4. Kevin Smith asking me about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, asking if I had seen it and me admitting I have seen it 9 times and was seeing it again in a couple of weeks. 

5. Alyson Hannigan telling me how much everyone loved her pink, sparkly boots after I told her I loved them.

6. Mark Sheppard actually managing to get my son (who has autism, ADHD and ODD) to engage with him, the first guest he had actually done so with the entire weekend. 

7. The Edge laughing at a funny pose son was making while he waited for me to finish talking to him.

8. The look on James and Oliver Phelps' faces when I stood in front of them with all four of House Editions of the Philosopher's Stone and asked what house they had been sorted in to. 

9. Seeing my daughter have first solo photo with a guest of her choice and not getting shy as she usually does. I was so proud of her!

They are probably more, but these are the ones that stand out for me!

Edited by MrsEllacott
  • Like 2

John Rhys Davis - You should have that guy every year. He was just a joy. My favourite part was watching him forge Orlando Blooms signature for anyone who wanted it. 

Julian Glover - Who was made up when my companion presented him with a copy of his book to sing (he wrote his own translation of Beowulf) and his taking the time to explain why he did it and that he considered it the most important work he's ever done. 

Tricia Helfer - Beauty, grace and charm personified. 

Matt Lucas - I made him blush. He was just so welcoming and friendly.

Veronica Cartwright - Talking about Michael Connolly and Titus Welliver from her time on Bosch. 

Terrence Stamp, Sylvester McCoy, Michael Madsen, Lala Ward, Louise Jameson,  and Mr Mads - all of whom where just top, top people. 

In no particular order for myself...

• meeting Benedict Cumberbatch
  • meeting Mads Mikkelsen
  • The Walking Dead commentary talk on Sunday evening
  • the John Rhys-Davies talk... I could listen to him talking for hours
  • the Tricia Helfer talk. I was seated just a few feet away in the front row. It felt amazing being so close.