Why do guests cancel appearances?

Sometimes because they just don't feel like it. Hell, sometimes the convention even cancels a guest because they didn't sell well enough/didn't budget right or the guest cancels because the convention didn't fulfil their promises. Quite sure the latter two aren't applicable to Showmasters though.

21 hours ago, TomOneGone said:

Just out of curiosity, why do most guests cancel appearances? 

some actors had to work / filming on their Shows like Kenny Johnson on "SWAT", and Doug Jones on the new Star Trek Serie, others had Family issues or became ill... whatever...
I have wanted to meet Kenny Johnson so many time even our "way" crossed one time before (but havent had Chance to talk with him), and the other People who cancled had been filming on Iron Fist. Im surprised that Michael Madsen had been at the Event even he's so busy with filming :-D

I thought we had cleared up that Situation about guests showing up at US Events when they cancel UK Shows?

A national flight within the US might fit into the filming schedule, while an international flight does not. Including time shift - not even speaking of Jetlag - a one day appearance would necessitate a 3 day trip.

For US Events the guests often fly in late the night before or early that morning and fly home on the red eye flight (means: last flight out of the Airport) same night.

I'm actually an eyewitness for the second part cause one night after a Business trip I found myself Standing in front of Michael Shanks at an Airport Sunday night when I was going on the red eye flight to Frankfurt and his red eye flight back to Vancouver was boarding from the gate next to mine.

• Like 1