Films of talks

I was a good little girl and didn't record anything but I've loved looking online and seeing talks from other cons. Some just go ahead and record them properly, some are just shaky fan ones. There were a couple of talks I'd *love* to watch again and some I had to duck out of early because of clashes and queuing.

Why don't you guys film and post the talks? Surely it would be a great ad for getting more people to come next year?

Many reasons Mosey - contracts being one of them.  The guests have to agree to have it publicly available in the first place which involved negotiations and monetary agreements.  Also sometimes the guests won't be as free and candid if they know it's going to be released.

I don't know the circumstances of the other events and why/how they have released them so can't compare.

As I mention at the beginning of the talks - the guests often talk open and freely and if the talks were filmed then this wouldn't be the case.  Some of the guests mention this during the talks that they have been misquoted or seen press articles before based on what they've said and has been filmed and put on you tube etc.

For those of you at the evening with game of thrones for example - that should never be available publicly! ;-) 

• Like 1