What about Wil Wheaton?

Firstly, your costumes are amazing! (Especially like the WW)

Secondly I heard a lot of people complaining about his lack of contact with people in photos (I know he's a germaphobe though, so don't blame him really), but gotta say he looks really natural and comfortable in your photos. I'd be super happy with those. ^_^

• Like 1

Just now, Lokinestro said:

Firstly, your costumes are amazing! (Especially like the WW)

Secondly I heard a lot of people complaining about his lack of contact with people in photos (I know he's a germaphobe though, so don't blame him really), but gotta say he looks really natural and comfortable in your photos. I'd be super happy with those. ^_^

Well he put his hand on my back so idk It doesn't look awkward. I was scared of that pic, but it was great!

37 minutes ago, Lokinestro said:

He was like it at the signing table as well, when I was queuing for his auto on Saturday the woman in front of me was trying to shake his hand but he was very reluctant to, he gave in and shook her hand, when she left the table he reached out for the disinfectant hand gel and used a lot. I decided not offer my hand when it was my turn.

When it came to my photo shoot with him I was a little worried about it because of what happened at the table and the whole Famke situation from that last year and didn't want that with Wil.

I am really pleased with how my photo turned out.

Wil Wheaton

• Like 5

Tried to find my other post to copy it here but I don't know what thread it was in haha.....anyway....

I have a friend who has spoken to Wil in the past and he apparently gets reactions from most types of perfumes and deodorants and thats why there is a no touching policy. In all honestly that's a good enough reason but not one that should be shouted to everyone at a con. Be grateful he came and you were able to meet him 

Edited by lesleynile
  • Like 1

I didn't mean for it to across as a negative thing, I respect and understand that some guests don't like to be touched. I was merely stating what I observed. I'm very grateful for meeting him and for showmasters for getting him.

• Like 1

He used to have swine flu and he actually tweeted once that he has some sort of anxiety when it comes to touching people he doesn't know. Problem solved. At least there is an explanation not like with Famke. And he actually did touch me so all good.

• Like 2

he was really nice and even tho no touch which I understand he didnt make it awkward like other guests.  He was very friendly at auto desk and was a great sport at photos doing poses n stuff. i love my photo and was so great to meet him and so glad he came.

• Like 1

I was kinda let down with, not his interaction, really, but he never spoke at his desk. I'm not much of a conversation starter, and with Wil not saying anything, it came across that he didn't want to talk to me (he was chatty to the group in front of us) and I knew about his anxiety issues, so knew about not shaking his hand or anything. Don't want to sound like I'm disrespecting Wil, but as I said, just felt a bit down with it. :(

Also, think I might've screwed up the photoshoot. Came out like I'm glaring at the camera, and my hands are too low... Ok, so my hands aren't as low as I thought. lol (Looking at it again, I'm glad I took my glasses off, too. lol

Wil Wheaton LFCC2017

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

I don't think you look like you're glaring at all Mr Lemming, we are too self critical about our own pictures sometimes - I do not like most of the ones I've had done with BC for various reasons but likewise I've been told they are good!

Just now, Raylenth said:

I don't think you look like you're glaring at all Mr Lemming, we are too self critical about our own pictures sometimes - I do not like most of the ones I've had done with BC for various reasons but likewise I've been told they are good!

Yeah each time I look at it, it's different. It's growing on me each time, I think. lol :smile:

• Like 1

I was never told not to touch in the photo session. I just assumed seeing others standing away. Was anyone specifically told?

Still I just placed my arm behind him (not touching) and that always looks like I have my arm on the guest :-)

He smiled tonnes, So hey that's the most important thing :-) happiness.

24 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I was kinda let down with, not his interaction, really, but he never spoke at his desk. I'm not much of a conversation starter, and with Wil not saying anything, it came across that he didn't want to talk to me (he was chatty to the group in front of us) and I knew about his anxiety issues, so knew about not shaking his hand or anything. Don't want to sound like I'm disrespecting Wil, but as I said, just felt a bit down with it. :(

Alos, think I might've screwed up the photoshoot. Came out like I'm glaring at the camera, and my hands are too low... Ok, so my hands aren't as low as I thought. lol (Looking at it again, I'm glad I took my glasses off, too. lol

Wil Wheaton LFCC2017

From an objective point of view, just to let you know, your picture has nothing wrong in it, really :)

Edited by God L'Eponge

1 minute ago, RomeroSavini said:

I was never told not to touch in the photo session. I just assumed seeing others standing away. Was anyone specifically told?

I wasn't, but I was aware of it when reading online a while before it. Can't remember how it came up, now I think of it. lol Probably read about it on here.

Just now, God L'Eponge said:

From an objective point of view, just to let you know, your picture has nothing wrong in it, really :)

Yeah, as I said, it's growing on me each time I look at it. Only caught a glimpse of it at first, thought my arms were way too far out than they actually are. :lol: Think I'm just being too critical of myself, but thanks, L'Eponge. :smile:

• Like 1

I was one of the first in his photo batch on Saturday, and there was a crew member standing about 5 people down before you got to Wil, saying 'please remember, no physical contact'. Maybe that changed a bit later on in the weekend. I feel my photo looks a bit awkward as I was worried incase I touched him so really made an effort not to get near him, but then I've seen others standing closer so maybe I could have shuffled up a bit. Oh well, glad he came to start with and loved meeting him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155313113671210&id=633616209

(Should be a link to my picture, not really sure how else to get it on here.)

• Like 1

I had to laugh about that "physical contact". Im always a bit afraid to come closer to an Celebs while taking picture and having a hug or whatever. Sometime its turning out weird (in good or bad way :-D ). I had been scared by Terence Stamp... and he suddently put his arm around me and took me closer to him... My face tells everything on the pic :-D

I know some guests don't like to shaking the hands... others love it... so... did I with Pam Anderson? Hm... can't remember... I might have been in  trance  :-D  but on the photo she was cool the put her arm around me.
Will Wheaton was nice at all..

They mentioned just no touching but I knew it already from Iceman. So I was stressed. But when he put his hand on my back I was like cool. 

But the next day photoshoot with TBBT couch we were told no physical contact, no handshakes no hugs no kissing ;)

But he was so lovely anyway. Super polite.

• Like 1

I had a photo-shoot with Wil Wheaton on the Sunday morning.  He was very polite!  He said hello to me when I went up for our photo!  I wasn't able to attend on the Saturday, which was his birthday, so I wished him a late happy birthday on the Sunday.  He thanked me and said I was so sweet!  He thanked me, I thanked him, I said goodbye, and went to collect the photo.  Our photo turned out nicely!  Very nice guy! :smile:

Edited by ChloeLou
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SMD1984 said:

I didn't mean for it to across as a negative thing, I respect and understand that some guests don't like to be touched. I was merely stating what I observed. I'm very grateful for meeting him and for showmasters for getting him.

I wasnt point it at anone, i was just stating in general, sorry :)

Mr. Wheaton was absolutely lovely! I knew about the no touching thing beforehand so was prepared for that and had prepared a "let's do finger guns at the camera" pose. I was quite happy with my photos with him (got a TBBT pic too). And I totally saw you in the TBBT queue, RoryMcGarrett! I was in awe of your costume, you looked amazing!

1 hour ago, cecitj said:

Mr. Wheaton was absolutely lovely! I knew about the no touching thing beforehand so was prepared for that and had prepared a "let's do finger guns at the camera" pose. I was quite happy with my photos with him (got a TBBT pic too). And I totally saw you in the TBBT queue, RoryMcGarrett! I was in awe of your costume, you looked amazing!

Oh thank you! :)