Reliable autograph sites:

Hello forum!

Just wondering if anyone could help me out at all as i went and bought an autograph of rupert grint for a friend for his birthday yesterday off celebrity ink and i was just wondering if anyones ever bought from them before. Thanks

:)

They are promoted by Showmasters Groot.  I haven't purchased from them but would be happy to do so if they had someone I wanted.  Other than that because they are supported by Showmasters I'm not sure anyone would be able to give you any other suggestions.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Groot2003 said:

Hello forum!

Just wondering if anyone could help me out at all as i went and bought an autograph of rupert grint for a friend for his birthday yesterday off celebrity ink and i was just wondering if anyones ever bought from them before. Thanks

I have a couple of times and have always been happy with what I've got.

Awesome thanks so much! By the way i was just wondering was anyone able to obtain any autographs from benedict cumberbatch, as i was able to get one, but he didn't personalalize, and i noticed that theres a huge yellow mark on the paper where it was printed in the corner going down half the piece of paper, roughly 5mm thick, and i am one of the people with odd and i was wondering if there is any way of getting rid of it without using a guillotine, thanks!

Just now, Groot2003 said:

Awesome thanks so much! By the way i was just wondering was anyone able to obtain any autographs from benedict cumberbatch, as i was able to get one, but he didn't personalalize, and i noticed that theres a huge yellow mark on the paper where it was printed in the corner going down half the piece of paper, roughly 5mm thick, and i am one of the people with odd and i was wondering if there is any way of getting rid of it without using a guillotine, thanks!

I don't understand I'm afraid Groot.  I don't know what you got signed, not sure what that has to do with personalizing unless that's a general comment? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Groot2003 said:

wondering was anyone able to obtain any autographs from benedict cumberbatch, as i was able to get one, but he didn't personalalize

I got one, but he didn't personalise - hardly surprising with the numbers he had to get through in such a short space of time.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I don't understand I'm afraid Groot.  I don't know what you got signed, not sure what that has to do with personalizing unless that's a general comment? 

No I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else got a photo signed by him provided by showmasters and whether or not they also got a yellow mark in the top left corner.

And secondly i was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of it.

Sorry for causing confusion.

1 minute ago, robmoriarty said:

I got one, but he didn't personalise - hardly surprising with the numbers he had to get through in such a short space of time.

Its slightly annoying but i am not that fussed that he didn't personalise, i am just glad that i was lucky enough to get to meet him. :)

10 minutes ago, Groot2003 said:

No I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else got a photo signed by him provided by showmasters and whether or not they also got a yellow mark in the top left corner.

And secondly i was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of it.

Sorry for causing confusion.

Ahh ok, sorry.  In that case I assume you mean the diamond pass poster rather than the 8x10's?  I didn't have it signed but I can have a look at it when I go home.  It does sound like a problem with the machine that printed it in which case I think the only thing you could do would be to cut it.  Or if you want it framed and depending on where it is exactly have a mount as that might be able to cover over it.

Yeah, it's pretty rare for him to personalize because he's always so busy.

Edited by Raylenth

If Showmasters is working with them, you'll be pretty safe. I believe Celebrity Ink have a lot of proof photos with the people they are selling too; which is always 100% more trustworthy than a COA.

One company I can definitely say steer clear of is Icon Scribbles. They have been caught dealing in fakes and even faking private signings. About a week before LFCC, all associated with them were banned from attending. Which says a lot about them!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ahh ok, sorry.  In that case I assume you mean the diamond pass poster rather than the 8x10's?  I didn't have it signed but I can have a look at it when I go home.  It does sound like a problem with the machine that printed it in which case I think the only thing you could do would be to cut it.  Or if you want it framed and depending on where it is exactly have a mount as that might be able to cover over it.

Yeah, it's pretty rare for him to personalize because he's always so busy.

So sorry, i am terrible at expressing myself through both writing and talking, i didn't get a diamond pass but was fortunate enough to get a 8x10 signed photo provided by show masters, as benedict cumberbatch portraying doctor strange, and in the top left corner theres around a 5 mm yellow line going straight down half of the page, which is really notable and just plain irritating as once you have spotted it whenever you look at it again you are drawn straight towards it. I was thinking of cutting it, maybe with a guillotine, but if i did that it could accidentally go wrong and might not make it straight and could just mess it up. Its currently inside a top loader and i think i will just leave it how it is. Although on the bright side it means that it is unique. :) 

Thanks for all the help Raylength:lol:

3 hours ago, Groot2003 said:

Hello forum!

I've bought quite a few from Celebrity Ink. You can rest assured they are the real deal.

55 minutes ago, Groot2003 said:

So sorry, i am terrible at expressing myself through both writing and talking, i didn't get a diamond pass but was fortunate enough to get a 8x10 signed photo provided by show masters, as benedict cumberbatch portraying doctor strange, and in the top left corner theres around a 5 mm yellow line going straight down half of the page, which is really notable and just plain irritating as once you have spotted it whenever you look at it again you are drawn straight towards it. I was thinking of cutting it, maybe with a guillotine, but if i did that it could accidentally go wrong and might not make it straight and could just mess it up. Its currently inside a top loader and i think i will just leave it how it is. Although on the bright side it means that it is unique. :) 

Thanks for all the help Raylength:lol:

Take it out of the toploader immediately Groot.  They are not the best thing to keep signed pieces in and they can take the signature off the photo. 

You need to keep it in something acid free put not that type of plastic.

Anyway, without seeing the picture I can't say anything else on cutting it but what aout my suggestion of having it framed with a mount?  The mount would cover the edges of the picture a bit so that may cover it sufficiently.

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Take it out of the toploader immediately Groot.  They are not the best thing to keep signed pieces in and they can take the signature off the photo. 

You need to keep it in something acid free put not that type of plastic.

Anyway, without seeing the picture I can't say anything else on cutting it but what aout my suggestion of having it framed with a mount?  The mount would cover the edges of the picture a bit so that may cover it sufficiently.

It is made by ultra pro, I have been collecting autographs for the past couple of years, what should I get instead, do you have any links? Thanks

My rule of thumb for buying autographs is to see if the dealers are UACC or AFTAL registered dealers. Those that are, will quite rightly promote their name with this fact. Celebrity Ink I believe, are registered dealers with both UACC and AFTAL. If I see dealers who do not share their company name or info, I walk on by.

8 hours ago, Groot2003 said:

It is made by ultra pro, I have been collecting autographs for the past couple of years, what should I get instead, do you have any links? Thanks

Sorry for the lack of reply Groot, I had gone to bed, I have posted some links to the items I use for storage and for at the events in your other thread.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Sorry for the lack of reply Groot, I had gone to bed, I have posted some links to the items I use for storage and for at the events in your other thread.

Thanks so much, i mean i honestly cannot thank you enough I have ordered a small amount of sheets and checked some of my toploaders and unfortunately I found that my wicket autograph from Warwick Davies has been destroyed as the ink is now on the toploader and you can't even move it :(. But I am going to fief the rest of them and hope for the best.

The only thing I don't understand is why they actually sell them other than to make money off innocent people...

Ahhh so sorry about that Groot.  I only ever used them a couple of times myself when I was caught short after buying a photo I loved and needed something to keep it flat but that didn't have an auto on - I found it really annoying anyway, it gets a static build up and the photo was really hard to get out, but then I started hearing about it sometimes taking the auto off if used long term so I never use them.

They are fine for transporting unsigned stuff obviously and they can be used for signed pics if you don't have anything else and make sure the ink is totally dry before putting it in but only for taking them home, not for storage.  I always wince when I see the signs up at the events calling them 'autograph protectors'

It's a real shame about your Warrick auto and I hope it's the only one.  It's a shame and annoying but thankfully that's one you can get again if he gets announced at some point.

I refuse to buy from dealers. I would buy from the individual, i.e. the person who is signing, but not from a dealer. To me they are the ones that spoil things for others. There have been plenty of complaints on here from others about them. In numerous threads it's talked about how they slap down 50 billion things they want signed and so hold up the queues. I feel in by buying from dealers it just encourages their bad behaviour. I know from experience what it's like to be unable to get one from someone big due to dealers behaving like a pack of hounds. That's just putting it politely....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Ahhh so sorry about that Groot.  I only ever used them a couple of times myself when I was caught short after buying a photo I loved and needed something to keep it flat but that didn't have an auto on - I found it really annoying anyway, it gets a static build up and the photo was really hard to get out, but then I started hearing about it sometimes taking the auto off if used long term so I never use them.

They are fine for transporting unsigned stuff obviously and they can be used for signed pics if you don't have anything else and make sure the ink is totally dry before putting it in but only for taking them home, not for storage.  I always wince when I see the signs up at the events calling them 'autograph protectors'

It's a real shame about your Warrick auto and I hope it's the only one.  It's a shame and annoying but thankfully that's one you can get again if he gets announced at some point.

He seems to be the only one which is dreadful, I have taken all of them out of the toploaders and temporarily put them into punched pockets, which is better than nothing, and I ordered some sheets which will arrive in two days, and I all I then need to do is buy the box/binder from arrowfile. 

It does make me feel so poor for those people whose autographs have probably been destroyed.

but for the most part apart from wicket they seem to be ok, apart from Donnie yen as well as tony Todd who have a small finger print mark.

but again thank you so much for telling me, as i just cannot imagine what would of happened if in 7 years time either I couldn't take it out or the autograph had completely gone

Edited by Groot2003

Chances are they might have been fine, I don't think it happens with them all the time, it may be that certain colours are more susceptible.

And yes it's a shame, the same thing can happen I think with the clip frame pictures as the glass is directly on the signature which is why I always recommend a mount if you are framing it.

The amount of people who don't bring any form of case at all to these events is quite high, I always see people putting their photos into bags and wonder what they are going to be like when they get home.