James Dodd Appreciation Thread

Had a fantastic meeting today with James talking about his role as Johann Krauss - Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Lovely signature from him on the poster (which he liked) and more than happy to pose for photo with me. He certainly more than made up for my disappointment in having my photo-shoots cancelled with Ron Perlman and Doug Jones 

I  must have spent at least 15 minutes chatting with him . Told me how he got the part and some of the technical aspects of the costume he wore and surprised me by telling me that Seth Macfarlane provided the voice.Also, that there may be a Hellboy reunion with the cast next year!!. James was by far one of the nicest people I have ever met and  one of the best value guests at LLFC.  

Such a great experience. I look forward to meeting him again

Edited by SteveBuchanan
Subject Highlight
  • Like 1

I know the bigger actors get the most credit, but James Dodd was also one of my top meets this year. Very lovely man. I was a bit curious to hear how many of the scenes he did (he shared the physical role of Krauss with John Alexander), but didn't ask in the end :P I hope there will be a Hellboy reunion next year, that would be amazing! I've been hoping for years they would at Showmasters :o

• Like 1

i can also agree we both said how disappointing it was when Doug and Ron pulled out and jokingly said he will have a word with them he also posed for a photo with me talked about Hellboy for a good 10 mine explaining that every one is ready to make the 3rd film its just the case of the director I really hope you get him back such a cool guest and a down to earth guy  

• Like 1