Experience with the SOA guys

Hey just wondering what everyone thought of the SOA guys, I met them all both yesterday and Saturday and had different experiences. Tommy was a bit off in Saturday during his autograph and David was dreadful on Saturday. I went to see him about 4 on Saturday he was clearly drunk and drinking another beer whilst I was there and completely ignored me when I said hello and thanks and didn't want to engage at all. Mark was lovely though he gave me a hug and said I was as cute as a button so just wondered if anyone else had any different experiences with them? On Sunday Tommy and David were acting better in the photoshoots though but this was in the morning so don't know how they were the rest of the day :/ Had an awesome weekend though :) 

Edited by StuartG2198
Bad language

David did seem annoyed on the Friday as Tommy and Mark were busy and he was sat around the corner away from them and a lot less busy. He walked around and was telling the fans to visit his desk.

I did wonder why he wasn't sitting with those.

• Like 1

I had a great experience with all of them, got selfies with David, Mark and Tommy, Kristen was lovely. Had a very fun bike shoot with them all (posted on another thread). While queuing for Tommy and then later queuing for Mark (on Friday) I watched them both messing about in each others selfies, and generally having a laugh with everyone. Then David came around and gave them both abuse telling the queues they were impostors and the real guys were over the other side. Then David started launching stickers over the wall from his area.

Sorry you didn't have as great an experience as I did.

• Like 2

My friend went up to David Labrava on the Sunday. (I went with her).   David was so ignorant. We were at his desk and had already paid for the autograph. He was just talking away to his friend or partner sitting behind him?   He turned around, wrote the autograph and threw the autograph at my friend.  No "Hi, Bye, Thanks for coming". No interaction at all.   And the showmasters crew member didn't say anything either.  I was pretty disgusted tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lewisgreen250293 said:

My friend went up to David Labrava on the Sunday. (I went with her).   David was so ignorant. We were at his desk and had already paid for the autograph. He was just talking away to his friend or partner sitting behind him?   He turned around, wrote the autograph and threw the autograph at my friend.  No "Hi, Bye, Thanks for coming". No interaction at all.   And the showmasters crew member didn't say anything either.  I was pretty disgusted tbh. 

That is exactly what happened with me, the woman behind him had to tell him I was there he signed it and then lent back and that was it, was very disappointed :( 

That's a real shame you didn't have a good experience with David on the Sunday. I was thinking of collecting his autograph then too, but as I walked to the desk he looked very uninterested and drinking so didn't really want to approach him.

3 minutes ago, AllRedDan said:

That's a real shame you didn't have a good experience with David on the Sunday. I was thinking of collecting his autograph then too, but as I walked to the desk he looked very uninterested and drinking so didn't really want to approach him.

I got his auto Saturday and he was exactly the same on Sunday by the sounds of it :( 

2 minutes ago, forever_charmed said:

I met all of the SOA cast Sunday and found them funny and fine , even at the end of day bike photo shoot

On Sunday morning Tommy and David were fine it was Saturday where I wasn't impressed 

18 minutes ago, Lewisgreen250293 said:

Exact same experience with the added bonus of witnessing him fire of a volley of four letter expletives at his companion. 

Met them all Friday. I was in the lengthy Tommy queue right at the start, until the VQ tickets eventually came out, then jumped over to Mark.

Tommy was great fun, lots of interaction. Mark I found a bit distant and standoffish (although didn't seem that way if you had boobs <_<, as the women before me he was really engaging). I went round and walked straight up to Kirsten, no queue, then sidestepped to David's queue to ask the helper "any idea of an ETA?"; suddenly a huge paw patted me on the back, he walked around the table, sat down, cracked open a beer, stuck out his hand and said "Hey brother, nice to meet you." Signed my poster before I could even finish paying and said "Thanks for coming out man!"

Can only assume the weekend dragged a bit for him, with these negative stories.

Met Tommy and Mark on Saturday. Tommy just after lunch and mark around 4ish. Tommy was great to speak to and even made a point of noticing my mum. Mark was good too but he was clearly either drunk or on something. Definitely seemed to pay more attention to girls.  Can't comment on David as I didn't bother with him. 

Met Tommy on Friday, not a Sons fan (not seen it yet) but wanted him for something else

put the DVD down and it took him an age to work out it was Smokin Aces, he automatically assumed it was SOA, he then said that they did a sequel and it was "really s**t" and pointed out I had it but not watched it yet and he shrugged his shoulders and gave a specific hand gesture to suggest it was not very good haha

he signed it, character name included, he spoke about how much I liked the film how good the end scene was and how cool Ryan Reynolds is

I asked for a photo and he happily walked around the table to pose with me and ribbed my mate who had to take a second photo "yeah, like that was our fault mate"

he was superb, was a real pleasure

I wanted to meet Mark too but they didn't have an photos from Last Man On Earth at his table and Stateside didn't have any so I just decided to do the photo shoot instead, very nice again, thanked me for the compliment on that show too

no complaints here

Met all 4 on Friday and they were all a blast. Although by the end of the day you could tell they had been drinking. especially with when Happy walked out to the talk with a bottle of cider in his hands. 

Tommy and Mark were both having so much fun with the guests each time I walked past them. They just generally seemed to be enjoying themselves. I would suspect that they may have been a tad hungover on the Saturday which might explain a few things.  

the bike shoot was a good laugh as well as they all just kept switching places which makes them all a bit more unique in their own rights. 

I met Tommy and Mark on the Friday and were both great, full of energy and was a great experience - couldn't fault it, lots of banter between the two. I did feel it was odd that David wasn't on the same side as both Tommy and Mark.

Met David towards the end on Sunday and yes he did have some fruit cider on his desk, however he had time to chat with me and complimented his taste in cider! During the SOA photoshoot, they were all great even to a point where Tommy had to tell David to stop pulling my arm from my shoulder joint - as David was pointing out he had tattooed my arm a few days before LFCC..

Maybe this was a reason he was friendly with me at the desk and at both photoshoots I had. Regardless of that, I really enjoyed meeting them all and to get my Sons of Anarchy Collectors Book signed by all the cast members in attendance.

• Like 1

I met them all on Friday. Tommy and Mark we're sat together and we're just having g fun interacting with the fans. Taking selfies chatting away and winding each other up. It was good to watch the interaction with them both. David and Kristen we're sat on the other side. They interacted well but there wasn't that bounce you got off the other two. I know David wasn't happy (no pun intended) as his ball cap had gone missing over lunch (spoke to him Sunday and his other half had it). The talk in the afternoon by them all was informative but again David came across as totally *** off and obviously drinking as he brought a cider on stage. Overall a positive experience 

Edited by StuartG2198
Bad language

I met all 4 on Friday and have no complaints at all. I met David first who seemed cool enough. Then I met Kristen who was really nice. Next was Tommy who was probably the best guest of the weekend. He was chatting with everyone and taking selfies. I spoke to him about Sons and he actually asked me if I wanted a pic. Finally I met Mark, he was really cool too. As I met him, Tommy looked over and asked him about the pic i was getting signed. Mark then told me about how it was from a scene where Tommy had accidentally crashed his bike lol. I can't fault any of them.

Edited by Murph
  • Like 1

Met all four on Friday and had a great time with them all. Four fun, friendly people. David in particular was brilliant. He spotted my Killing Joke (band) t-shirt before I even got to his table, and we had a great chat about the band as he roadied for them in the States years back, and knows them well. Four great characters in life - all very different as well. Made my day meeting them, and then getting the group photo at the end of Sunday.

soa_meet.jpg

I've met them all only on Friday, but only photoshoots. I thought that David was very weird. He had literally the same pose in every single picture. He seemed to not be keen on doing any poses or whatever. Came late, didn't say hello or whatever. Just stood there with the toothpick and was like weird. Mark was lovely. Actually my pic with him is weird as he asked me how i was and i tried to answer and smile at the same time and the photographer took the pic so it looks like he's telling me naughty stuff and I am wondering if I should laugh or punch him in the face ;)

Tommy was lovely! I asked for a hug and he just grabbed me and hugged me so hard I couldn't catch a breath lol. I regret not having his autograph.

20369004_10156431738978452_7017432086995

20287107_10156431738108452_1279216816542

20424042_10156431975253452_5472601686245

• Like 2

Go to to say I found David totally rude. Girl in front of me wanted a picture and I offered to take it for her when David snatched the phone out of her hand and took the snap himself. Ok of that's what you want to do than fine but he then proceeded to be quite arrogant and rude to me when I was at the desk. Was only trying to help the girl get a nice photo. Was only like an hour and a half into the weekend and felt that anyone after me has got no hope in enjoying time here!!  

Such a shame when the other three SOA guests where totally amazing and couldn't be nicer or more engaging if they tried. 

Kristen and I talked about her flight over because she had posted a picture on twitter and was amazed that I follow her (I don't!! I follow Tommy who had retweeted it, but wasn't going to spoil the illusion).

Tommy was doing selfies and calling out 'Ma num a na' to get a reaction and great photos. 

Mark was doing selfies also and mucking around with my brothers phone as the shoot button was on wrong side and kept messing around with it. 

Three amazing guests let down down but the drunk I'm afraid 

Personally I had a great experience with all 3 soa guys. Tommy was absolutely amazing even tho he kept telling me off because if my t-shirt, boone was just as chatty and both just grabbed your phone for pics. We had a great chat with David, when we asked about his tattoos ( Most are real).