Sons of Anarchy Bike Shoot photo quality

RobC

Now don't get me wrong, I love this pic, it's epic. But for the price that we paid I would have expected the photo to be up to the same standard as other shoots. This is just poor. Bad background, terrible lighting, poor framing, blurry, not to mention a pretty naff bike that is nothing like any on SoA. No offence to the person who took the pic, but do they use professional photographers for all the shoots? 

Looks like I have a few hours work in Photoshop to try and fix it.

5C1t6Vi.jpg

• Like 1

Since the MJF delorean photos back in 2015 I have been unimpressed with the prop photoshoots. They all seem to suffer from bad lighting and a slight blur. I am not sure how this is still happening as it's very noticeable that these shoots are not as good as the standard guest photoshoots.

• Like 3

Jeeez that is poor photography on every level. Someone really needs to go to photography school. I would be ashamed if I lit and took that. Sorry to be blunt but it is. Exactly like the dire M J Fox and Delorean shots a few years back which I still feel cheated over years later.

It seems to be the rare poor shot this year so far,  just looks like they had no time to set up and test surely.

Did feel a bit let down with this. For the price we paid they could of done the following;

Put up a white sheet as a background and used one as a flooring. The photo would of been much better as everyone generally wearing a dark colour top.

Hired a decent bike for the photo if not a Harley than at least a Triumph. A Dealer would of been more than happy to do this even for free in exchange for a couple of photos.

Don't think I will do any more prop shoots in future as this is one thing SM seem to let themselves down on a little bit.

Edited by Iceman71
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Iceman71 said:

Did feel a bit let down with this. For the price we paid they could of done the following;

Put up a white sheet as a background and used one as a flooring. The photo would of been much better as everyone generally wearing a dark colour top.

Hired a decent bike for the photo if not a Harley than at least a Triumph. A Dealer would of been more than happy to do this even for free in exchange for a couple of photos.

Don't think I will do any more prop shoots in future as this is one thing SM seem to let themselves down on a little bit.

I showed my photo to someone and he said he has a vintage VMAX that lights up light a Christmas tree that would have look better ( and yeah it would ) they could have used . But this is my last comic con sad to say .

8 hours ago, RobC said:

Ok, couldn't make any improvements due to the quality, hoping when the digital copies come out it might be easier, so I've gone the other way and made it look worse. :lol:

6OdDNtA.jpg

Looks like a massive improvement to me! Sorry to hear that mate

• Like 3

On ‎31‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 1:50 PM, AllRedDan said:

Since the MJF delorean photos back in 2015 I have been unimpressed with the prop photoshoots. They all seem to suffer from bad lighting and a slight blur. I am not sure how this is still happening as it's very noticeable that these shoots are not as good as the standard guest photoshoots.

I agree. My Saturday photoshoot with Christopher Lloyd & DeLorean is a bit blurry and the lightning is not good. The same at last Collectormania where I had a photoshoot with Ernie Hudson and Ecto-1. Also bad lightning and blurry. That's why I don't take any future photoshoot with a car (or any other prop) involved. You should expect a better result for the price you pay.

• Like 1

yeah i stopp getting prop / green screen shoots after iron throne and the iain mcdiarmid and emperors chair they just never look right.  would rather just have normal shoot with the guest.  only one I had that didnt turn out too bad was my christopher lloyd and clocktower shoot.. it wasnt great but good enough.  but yeah I find them not up to scratch.  but that SoA shoot looks really poor with bad lighting and no background etc.

Edited by HeartDT

I sent a message to Showmasters just asking if the digital copies could be given out FoC due to the poor quality of the expensive photoshoot. I'm yet to hear back but will let people know when I do.

I'm hoping the digital version might be easier to adjust, but not holding out to much hope. Only so much you can polish a ........ ^_^