when do you...

so I've been going to LFCC since 2013 and I went to the odd winter LFCC and collectormania. people have asked me how do I enjoy this madness of mayhem? I find my self I enjoy it more the day after when I'm back home as I have time to look at my photos and remember what I did. I always have a tale to tell and when I tell people not only did I get a photo with such a such I had a chat to them or the odd guest waved at me as they remember me from the previous year. my two tales from this year is that Richard Dean Anderson waved at me when I sailed passed him when I got in as he was on the phone and I had a very nice chat with Benedict Cumberbatch before our photo. I guess my question is when do you guys enjoy LFCC/collectormania the most?

When it's over.  And no, I don't mean that in a negative way!  Most of the time, I'm walking out of the building on Sunday, having got most (if not all) of the things I wanted, having met lots of friends, had some excellent guest encounters and often some wonderful surprises.  And I may be knackered and my feet are killing me, but I'm usually riding an enormous high all the way home, and then trying to make that feeling last as long as possible.  I find the LFCC in particular stressful at times and don't look forward to it in the run-up to the event because of the things than can potentially go wrong, but the memories I obtain are priceless.  Wouldn't miss it for the world.

• Like 1

I love everything.. from the build up of guest announcements to the travel down and stay over while I am at the con.  then the exhausted travel back home but the renewed excitement again when I can look at all my photos and autos and decide what gets displayed where.  the excitement of going to the frame company who specially frame my autos and photos who love asking questions about the guests and are envious of us meeting all theae people. i love it all.   :)   on a more worrying note I do have to order a new special album for holding the ones I am not going to get framed/display straight away as my other is full wooooppsss lol

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 1

For me it's the build up and excitement of a new guest. Booking a diamond pass and then the week before the event spending time organising your weekend checking clashes and working out how the he'll your going to manage. But when it comes to the weekend it's just taking a moment and taking a few mental pictures of the little things you miss. Afterwards well it's that shock of going back to the world of the real and waiting to do it again the following year 

• Like 1