Kevin smith appreciation

Just like to say what a great guy he is on saturdays shoot before it started he stood in front of the whole crowd and said a big thankyou for us having a shoot with him and pulling me up to him and giving high fives after each photo what an awesome bloke bring him back again plz shomasters

• Like 5

Kevin was amazing! Only saw him for an Auto on Sunday but I really felt touched by him.

despite the queue being giant and pretty much having 6 crew members around him telling him to hurry up he still personalised and chatted (just a lot quicker than he had been) and didn't make you feel rushed. Moreover i believe he got through all those waiting. 

The Sunday podcast was awesome too - funny and again he snuck in so many extra questions despite being told off.

I'd definitely get a diamond for him next year and suggest anyone else who is interested to as there were a few teary faces when it looked like he wouldn't get past VQ 150.

also the Po Zu stall were saying they offered him a pair of shoes which he was super excited about but insisted on taking them after general sale to avoid someone not being able to buy a pair and missing out - that is a gentleman!

Edited by Sacred_heart

He was really very nice, very down to earth, friendly and genuinely pleasant. I really enjoyed meeting him and as someone else said, high fiving everyone at the photo session. It's people like Kevin that more than make up for those guests who really can't be bothered.

My favourite guest of all. I understand some were annoyed at not getting the chance to meet him but for those that did we got more than our money's worth. So kind and caring giving everybody a personal experience even when the crew were trying to rush him. 

I really suggest if he comes again people get a diamond pass. It's worth it and you won't regret it. 

• Like 1

Kevin was the perfect guest! Even though I spent all weekend and still didn't get his autograph, it didn't matter as the experience at the photoshoot was something I will never forget.

The shoot was running behind. Staff rushing us through as quick as possible. But he still took his time to shake my hand and give me a very welcoming greeting. Said how great I looked and then give me a double high fived as I walked away. That short experience with him was just fantastic!

• Like 1

Terrific guest had time for everyone no matter what time of the day it was. I managed to a quick chat with him when he first arrived on Saturday morning and he signed  "To Lee I love you so much" KS which we both laughed at, then later in the day at the photo shoot he still remembered me and I ended with a hug and a double high five.  I've always loved his movies both as a director & actor having now met in person I'm so happy that one of my screen heroes is such a wonderful person in real life.

Loved him as a director and actor since I first watched Clerks many years ago. Meeting him was awesome, so friendly. Shook my hand, posed, I gave a thumbs up, he commented on the "great thumb action", double hi-five and a "thanks man". No rushing, even though it was near the end of the shoot and Edge was standing waiting for his to start. So happy even though I have a massive cheesy fan-boy smile in the photo, still my favourite. 

On 31/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, GoldenGrego said:

I was batch SEVEN yet even still by then he was still enthusiastic and greeting everyone nicely! We got an awesome picture and he gave me a CRUSHING hug after :YAHOO:

I remember you asking advice on poses for the photoshoot. I can see on your profile pic the results were great!!

His movies, his writings, his talks, his random Internet posts... everything Kevin does resonates with me in a way that no other artist can compare. Probably because, at the core, he's one of us - a total nerd with the luck and talent to cross over to the other side.

I've been lucky enough to be at one of his talks, and a comic panel he moderated, in another US event. But meeting him in person was my dream. So when he was announced I jumped at the chance - proud owner of Diamond Pass number 5! (and my friend got 37, how awesome is that?)

I won't reiterate how great he was at the photoshoot or the talk. I do want to add that, despite feeling the pressure because he had to go through so many people, not only I got a fantastic personalized auto on my Clerks & Amy screenplay book, I also got to tell him how important his work is to me, how it taught me that it was OK to be a geek, and how much better my life is since. His answer was the best possible one: "That's what fuels me." You can tell he does love his fans in a very real way.

Thank you thank you thank you Showmasters for giving us the chance to meet him!!

20627023_10213180100848321_1671374240156

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

His movies, his writings, his talks, his random Internet posts... everything Kevin does resonates with me in a way that no other artist can compare. Probably because, at the core, he's one of us - a total nerd with the luck and talent to cross over to the other side.

I've been lucky enough to be at one of his talks, and a comic panel he moderated, in another US event. But meeting him in person was my dream. So when he was announced I jumped at the chance - proud owner of Diamond Pass number 5! (and my friend got 37, how awesome is that?)

I won't reiterate how great he was at the photoshoot or the talk. I do want to add that, despite feeling the pressure because he had to go through so many people, not only I got a fantastic personalized auto on my Clerks & Amy screenplay book, I also got to tell him how important his work is to me, how it taught me that it was OK to be a geek, and how much better my life is since. His answer was the best possible one: "That's what fuels me." You can tell he does love his fans in a very real way.

Thank you thank you thank you Showmasters for giving us the chance to meet him!!

All of this. I agree with everything you have said. 

• Like 1

Gutted i didn't meet him. If Showmasters are reading this, please bring him back next year. He seems so nice and I guess everyone else seems to agree. His films are great and I love his podcasts and stories, especially the David Addison Bruce Willis Cop Out video, watch it if you haven't. If he comes next year I'll definitely straight away buy a photo shoot and maybe a diamond pass. I am glad that it seems he is a great guy in real life, like he comes across on his videos, can't wait for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, which he starts shooting in September

After being too late to upgrade to diamond, I held little hope for the personalized autograph my brother had asked for. (He's a director, and Kevin Smith is very much his inspiration.) But even though he'd been told no personalisations, Kevin nonetheless did so, and for that he has my utmost respect and gratitude.

• Like 2