William Regal Appreciation Thread

William might not seem the most obvious candidate for an appreciation thread but I have literally no choice but to sing his praises.

In the photoshoot he was a calm and cool character, smiling in every shot and agreeing to almost everything people asked for. And then I met him at his table much later in the day when he was quiet. I got him to sign the photo from earlier, he was friendly and engaging, and I nervously added "Don't worry if not, but my buddy Jordan is getting married this Friday coming, and I am his best man, and he is a massive fan and I am trying to sort something special out for my speech, is there any chance you'd do a quick video message for me to use in my speech?"

To my relief he said "yeah sure, it's Jordan and....?" he went on to record a short but cool message in character, and when I walked away he not only came across so thankful when I said "thanks for everything you've done for the industry" but he even noticed my wife taking photos to the side and smiled/said bye to her too.

A class act, a true gentleman - I left the Con beaming after the interaction.

• Like 2

He was very nice, a gent and took his time. He truly seems very humble, he said to me how it drives him nuts with all these new wrestlers complaining. He never thought he'd make it past wrestling in the fair grounds in Blackpool and if that's how far he got, he wouldn't have minded he may have wanted more but he loves wrestling and would do it in front of 10 people if that's all he had for an audience. Such a great guy!

Agreed he was a great guest to meet. Very chatty, happy for me to come round to his side of the table for a photo with him.

He noticed that I was wearing a Walking Dead t-shirt and told me they had been filming near where he lives and had to close the roads. It's little things like this when the guest takes an interest in who they are talking to that makes all the difference to me.

Wrestling guests are a highlight for me as they seem really pleased to be there. Taking the time to chat and interact with their fans.

Had a really good chat with him on Sunday morning - with a comment that I'll never forget. "I was never a heel - I'm not a heel... I'm a villain".

Genuinely interesting bloke to talk to, and the Ric Flair story during the E&C podcast was outstanding ='D

I met him on sunday told him I watched him as a kid on a wrestling show called world of sport to which he replied I must be the last of that dying breed. my reply was just a smile and as he finished signing my two photos I wished him luck in his future career to which he replied thank you that's so kind and enjoy the rest of the con. a true gent

I'm not a big fan of wrestling but happened to be sat in for the wrestling talk and he joined it and seemed a decent guy.

went passed his table a lot and he was always engaged with fans.

for me I don't think he looked that well though.. hopefully all is good with him. 

• Moderators

I must admit he was on my list pre-event but wasn't up there with the ones I was most excited to meet, yet I was completely blown away by how down to earth he is, friendly and interacting with everyone, and so open and honest about everything. Quite possibly my favourite guest of the entire event.