Little disappointed on Sunday with Christopher Lloyd and David Bradley queue

I know. It's a bad joke :-) I see how excited people can get while having their stuff signed, some get so much joy with all their different items.

I cannot take that from them :-) 

I just feel for anyone who cannot get things signed. It will only get worse as they get bigger, London is now so huge it is a sight to behold.

15 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I (and some others) felt it was unfair that a majority of VQ holders missed out on David Bradley due to Gold Pass holders getting priority.

It's not unfair about the gold pass. It's what they pay for. It's the whole point of it. 

I agree that dealers getting OTT amounts is a huge problem though. 

I do feel a lot of people aren't taking David's age into consideration here. It's like Tobin Bell last year. They simply can't go as fast as the others

• Like 1

There was a trader who got about 10 items in 3 different pen colours during the peak stress of Kevin smith 4-5 and to add insult to injury she didn't even acknowledge him while he did it, or thank him at the end. :grump:

also a crew member politely asked would I mind if another crew member could go in front of me with her movie poster as she was on her break (I said no problem as you work hard) but then unrolled the poster to reveal 5 more posters with intricate instructions on where to sign and what colour for each. I think the phrase fool me once applies here and I may be a bit more questioning next time.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I stood behind an attendee, not a dealer, in the Lala Ward queue who had her sign fifteen VHS covers (all different).

Crew did not state maximum of five autos to him.

Was Lala open Queue at that time? The Limit only applies if the VQ System is in Operation.

9 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Was Lala open Queue at that time? The Limit only applies if the VQ System is in Operation.

Ahh ok. That I did not know. Thanks QS. 

Lala never went VQ. Quite a few didn't to be honest and this cause some quite long queues in areas!

Yes I was disappointed I didn't get David Bradley and Christopher Lloyd got vq for both didn't workout for me but did get Mr Cumerbatch on vq crew worked really hard to get as many through vq as possible my hat goes off to all the crew who worked as I don't think I could have put up with us all. The thing is we want the big guests if we can afford we buy dp or gp to make it easier Sm do there best for as many of to see them . I had a great weekend from Ga there was 20000 on Saturday 15000 on Sunday I think they did well THANK YOU

So just add, regarding David Bradley. I waited 35 minutes in a queue for him to return to the table at his published time of 11.35. He returned, picked up his bag and left. The crew then said he decided to go to lunch and to return at 1.30pm. 

Bit of a  lack of information and coordination - no reflection on David himself I may add. The pit boss handed everyone in the queue a ticket with their position on it  so they could return the queue at the same positions at 1.30pm - which worked out ok in the end. But by 1.30pm he had only got to number 20 in the VQ!

7 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

So just add, regarding David Bradley. I waited 35 minutes in a queue for him to return to the table at his published time of 11.35. He returned, picked up his bag and left. The crew then said he decided to go to lunch and to return at 1.30pm. 

Bit of a  lack of information and coordination - no reflection on David himself I may add. The pit boss handed everyone in the queue a ticket with their position on it  so they could return the queue at the same positions at 1.30pm - which worked out ok in the end. But by 1.30pm he had only got to number 20 in the VQ!

That's certainly an odd Thing to happen. The Crew have lists of when their guests are going to lunch. But then I guess when someone gets too hungry this may go overboard. ;)

Something needs to be done with people getting more then 5 autos as at the Natalie Dormer table a guy in front of me got around 25 10x8 photos signed and she was really getting annoyed about and was saying to the blue shirt next to her that "I didn't think you was allowed to do this" and "I'm only signing a couple more from him then that's it". So even the guests were getting annoyed with it. 

1 minute ago, Riker said:

Something needs to be done with people getting more then 5 autos as at the Natalie Dormer table a guy in front of me got around 25 10x8 photos signed and she was really getting annoyed about and was saying to the blue shirt next to her that "I didn't think you was allowed to do this" and "I'm only signing a couple more from him then that's it". So even the guests were getting annoyed with it. 

It is very hard to comment on specific situations without being present.

But please remember that there's also the preorder Team coming through on Occasion. It would be highly unusual for one of them to get such amounts of photos signed on the spot, but sometimes if you see someone with multiple items it is someone working for the preorder Service.

1 minute ago, Vegasdanny said:

Pre-order items should be done either before or after the convention - arranged by showmasters with the specific guest. At peake times during the Convention  with hundreds of people waiting for hours or even days in my case....it's bang out of order. Or there needs to be a limited number of Diamond passes. I'd be interested to know how many diamond passes are sold for a popular guest. If it's say 1000 then at least the public know that it is literally impossible to get an autograph unless they are lucky enough to get a diamond or gold pass - thus iliviating the expectation and disappointment of arriving at the crack of dawn, waiting all day and then still not getting an autograph. 

There is a limited amount of Diamond Passes, but the number is never published. I absolutely hate to see anyone disappointed, But we have been repeating til were blue in the face that for Diamond Pass guests the only guarantee for an autograph is the pass, especially in cases like Benedict or Christopher where we seem to have the most upset People now.

Preorder People try to get through when it's not busy and not with the stacks of items some describe here. Also, the bigger part of the orders is left behind to get dealt with otherwise anyway. But for some items that is just not possible. Seeing some People started screaming about visitors with Color coded Posters I felt the Need to bring this up.

21 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It is very hard to comment on specific situations without being present.

But please remember that there's also the preorder Team coming through on Occasion. It would be highly unusual for one of them to get such amounts of photos signed on the spot, but sometimes if you see someone with multiple items it is someone working for the preorder Service.

I had the preorders team jump in front of me a couple of times. They only had a few items each time and were very quick. By the way, you didn't get an Alyson Hannigan 8x10 on preorder did you @Queen_Sindel? If so then I'm pretty sure I saw her sign it!

It was the pre-orders as I was said blue shirt next to her. (With Natalie) but I understand how this looks to fans and I do try and get them through as quickly as I can! x

Edited by talie

11 minutes ago, talie said:

It was the pre-orders as I was said blue shirt next to her. (With Natalie) but I understand how this looks to fans and I do try and get them through as quickly as I can! x

No it wasn't you getting them on the Sunday, this person definitely wasnt working with showmasters

Edited by Riker

The limit is 5 items for the guest of sign , the crew member should have checked but it was busy Sunday ( I saw it myself ) but with vq tickets on guests like this , it's hard to give a time limit for the crew member to say when to come back when it gets so mad like that . 

17 minutes ago, Riker said:

No it wasn't you getting them on the Sunday, this person definitely wasnt working with showmasters

She means she was Natalie's guest assistant that day.

The pre-order People usually don't wear Crew Shirts because that had made attendees complain about "Special Treatment of Crew" before.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I had the preorders team jump in front of me a couple of times. They only had a few items each time and were very quick. By the way, you didn't get an Alyson Hannigan 8x10 on preorder did you @Queen_Sindel? If so then I'm pretty sure I saw her sign it!

Yes, I did.

Yay - I have an in Person COA! :lol:

But now of course everyone will think I am defending the pre orders because I use the Service. :P

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, forever_charmed said:

The limit is 5 items for the guest of sign , the crew member should have checked but it was busy Sunday ( I saw it myself ) but with vq tickets on guests like this , it's hard to give a time limit for the crew member to say when to come back when it gets so mad like that . 

The limit was not respected at all for several big guests, I hope Showmasters will look into that for next year.

A lot of the doctor who guests had long queues and no one really sorting them out. There was a guy a couple of people in front of us that got Louise to sign 10 masks which of course he had to un pack and then pack back up again. Clearly a dealer I just found this so rude and no staff saying anything.

16 minutes ago, hobbitfanatic said:

A lot of the doctor who guests had long queues and no one really sorting them out. There was a guy a couple of people in front of us that got Louise to sign 10 masks which of course he had to un pack and then pack back up again. Clearly a dealer I just found this so rude and no staff saying anything.

As said above: if the guest is not on VQ there is no Limit. Of course he still should have been smart and figured out a way not to Keep up the line packing and unpacking. But in an open Queue 10 items are okay.

6 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Jason's already said that there won't ever be a Charge for photos at the table.

It's when people want sketches, quotes and/or time consuming posed selfies (this particular guy wanted everything added and took his time about it) - you pay for an autograph on a free photo or item of your own, anything else could be charged as extra.

The 'other' show request a £5 donation to charity for a selfie, which seems fair when others pay more for a professional photo that often takes less time.

The pre-sale shop charge an additional £5 for a dedication, so why not at the table?  It might just deter people that demand more from the celebrity than just an autograph.

Edited by Tolkienerd

golds getting priority is fine, they pay for it but if 60 golds just keep going round with the same guest over and over, thats an issue and that probably means they are also dealers. not saying that happened but something was well off with DB;s queue sunday, very off, not seen it like this before.

i was in pamela andersons queue sunday and the guy in front of me got 20+ things singed and most were the same image, like 2 or 3 images multiple times, no dedication on any, he barely looked at her, everyone was waiting thinking the same thing, its ridicules, something should be done about dealers especially if they are actively allowed to do this, not sure what, mind, but its unfair on fans especially fans who miss out, a dealer gets 20 (40 or 50 from david bradley) to sell on ebay or their stalls and some fans miss out entirely. pamela even muttered, thats a lot of the same photo,

7 hours ago, Tolkienerd said:

It's when people want sketches, quotes and/or time consuming posed selfies (this particular guy wanted everything added and took his time about it) - you pay for an autograph on a free photo or item of your own, anything else could be charged as extra.

The 'other' show request a £5 donation to charity for a selfie, which seems fair when others pay more for a professional photo that often takes less time.

The pre-sale shop charge an additional £5 for a dedication, so why not at the table?  It might just deter people that demand more from the celebrity than just an autograph.

its a slippery slope, prices are already rising, some to silly levels, i wouldnt be happy paying £5 (or who knows how much) for a dedication, i raised an eyebrow when i saw it on the pre order site. i also wouldnt be happy paying for a table photo on my camera if im already buying an autograph.

quotes should be allowed if there isnt time constraint issues with time and queues, if no issues, then fine, allow but if issues ala david bradley, then no, massive quotes shouldnt be allowed and later on, i think his agent stopped them. blue shirt staff said that they had been later on. but many in the day got big quotes.

i do think a £5 charge for a table photo on your camera is ok IF you're not buying an autograph.

charity donations if legitimate are also fine with me, cons ive been to most leave it up to you, even just a quid is ok, one other event ive been to charged £5 yeah,

but this soon adds up, im glad Jason has said there will never be a table pic charge, shame half the guests are no posed pics these days though lol ;-)