Little disappointed on Sunday with Christopher Lloyd and David Bradley queue

Went on Sunday, although I enjoyed myself and had a great day, I was a bit disappointed with Christopher Lloyd and David Bradley autograph queue lines. Christopher Lloyds queue was for diamond pass only nearly all day and the highest virtual queue tickets was 50! For David Bradley queue nearly most of the day the VQ was 20 and only got as high as 120! I missed a chance to meet both of these guests even though I got the VQ tickets first thing!

I apologize you missed guests you wanetd to meet.

But it's always been posted that the only way to guarantee a Diamond Guest's auto is to buy the Diamond Pass. We've been warning everyone repeatedly how much of a slow signer Christopher was.

Unfortunately David turned out to be a really slow signer too. It rarely happens that VQ numbers do stay that low, but it does happen.

• Like 1

something was really off with the david bradley line today, still 1-20 at 3pm? crew said it was because of golds, (3pm-6pm it went no higher than 1-120)

ive heard some ppl got 40 things singed. many ppl, who got vts early for him, myself included who was in at 09.15 and my friend who was in dead on doors near the front all missed out. I saw one young woman crying around 5pm, he wasnt THAT slow a signer, the fact he had 3 shoots (2 on an 80s console green screen set) and that he was 40 minutes late returning from his talk were big factors. but something was really off with that line especially before 3pm only being on 1-20 for so long. very disappointing. 

13 minutes ago, homerj said:

In fairness, David tried really hard to get through them. I think what started his slowness at signing was the dealer who walked in front of everyone with 50 pictures.

why wasnt a restriction put on, on how many items you can get in one go is what id like to know, especially when it was looking so bad late on, so a dealer can get 50 and walk straight in? and many a regular fan gets nothing and queues all day for that nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I apologize you missed guests you wanetd to meet.

But it's always been posted that the only way to guarantee a Diamond Guest's auto is to buy the Diamond Pass. We've been warning everyone repeatedly how much of a slow signer Christopher was.

Unfortunately David turned out to be a really slow signer too. It rarely happens that VQ numbers do stay that low, but it does happen.

David wasn't a diamond quest... was he? did i miss that? Lloyd was though

Edited by timelord81r

1 minute ago, timelord81r said:

David wasn't a diamond quest... was he? did i miss that? Lloyd was though

No David was not a Diamond guest. That's why I separated my explanations even by doing 2 different paragraphs. Very rarely even non Diamond guests do only make a limited number of VQ tickets - RDA at his last appearance for example.

There is 2 very simple ways to remedy this problem.

1. Always buy a diamond pass especially if you have your heart set on a guest,especially CL as he signs extremely slow.

2. Arrive early very early get those low VQ tickets and you'd of been okay.

1 minute ago, Baggieboi said:

There is 2 very simple ways to remedy this problem.

1. Always buy a diamond pass especially if you have your heart set on a guest,especially CL as he signs extremely slow.

2. Arrive early very early get those low VQ tickets and you'd of been okay.

Or put a limit on the amount you can get signed, say 5. People (Dealers) with 10-20 + were the problem with multiple guests this year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baggieboi said:

There is a limit 5 autos 

and others got none, but ill say this, some ppl got more than 5 autos (40?) and that sticks in ppls craws, as I said before, i saw a woman crying at missing out yet dealers get loads done, be on sale tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

No David was not a Diamond guest. That's why I separated my explanations even by doing 2 different paragraphs. Very rarely even non Diamond guests do only make a limited number of VQ tickets - RDA at his last appearance for example.

yeah i missed the 'too' when i read it and quickly wrote out a reply, my bad

Sunday was a day dedicated to getting David Bradley for me, and I just managed to get it on VQ ticket 119. 

I can understand the frustrations, having been in the queue a few times, and having to wait a long time at the end to get it. But I think it's too easy to blame the dealers, I only saw a couple in the many times between 3 and 6 I was either in that queue, or close by. It's a problem of all cons that dealers can come to the front yes, but that doesn't mean it is always the main issue. 

From my experience (maybe others had different) I think it was a surge in popularity due to GoT and Dr Who, combined with DB being lovely and chatty (great, but it also slows things down), his sunday only status (meaning more golds wanted to see him that day) and requiring extra breaks due to his age. It is unfortunate that we had to wait so long (especially those who waited without reward), but just another fact of con life. Sometimes it can suck, but I really think this was one of those times where SM really couldn't have done anymore

Infact, I want to give a shoutout (as already done on a previous thread) to the staff on his queue. Particularly the blue shirt towards the end of the day. She was very organised, cutting the queue at a certain point, and forming a 'standby queue' out of the way of the main corridor of people. She was also very good with any people who asked about his availability, clearly stating when he was coming back, how long he was staying too, how many VQ people he would likely see ect. 

I can really understand the sadness, we've all been there before, but honestly what I saw was both DB and the staff really trying their hardest, and an unfortunate set of circumstances preventing lots of people getting his auto

Edited by tenaciouspirit

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Apparently in some queues there were dealers with a lot of items. No idea if someone spotted a dealer with David too. It's on my list of things to be raised.

If people were allowed to get 50 that's a disgrace. What an earth we're the staff doing to allowntjat?

normally the staff are very good surely they wouldn't allow this? 

11 minutes ago, Littlemisstrouble6179 said:

There were also non dealers getting more than 5 in some queues - they did have permission to get that many but I think they should have to queue twice when there is a long queue. 

That should be how it works in theory, clearly a miscommunication to the volunteers there.

I had a great weekend all round and my only disappointment was missing out on David Bradley autograph yet again. In 2015 I had exactly the same issue. I got a virtual ticket at around 9.15am today and it was at 170!!! I'm actually really fed up with dealers or anyone being allowed to hog guests to sign a huge amount of items, especially when or if it is for personal profit. As a fan, I want an autograph for myself and would give every thought to the fact other fans deserve the opportunity as well. I actually gave up my VT to a fellow guest today as we chatted in a queue and he had a ticket in the 300s... He was desperate to get David's autograph so i thought i could help by giving him my lower ticket number. At 5.35pm I checked the numbers on the board anyway and it only reached 120 plus golds the whole day...time to put a limit on the number of items ANY one person can have signed and give true fans a chance to have a piece of the pie so to speak. Other shows manage it perfectly well through my own experience.

It's not just the number of items that can slow someone down, in Tobe Hooper's queue yesterday a guy who was only getting two items signed, got the signatures (in black pen), then asked for him to sketch a chainsaw on both items (in silver pen) and then asked for a posed photo - the whole process took about 10 minutes.  It was straight after that, that the 'no posed photos' rule had to be introduced, so one persons greed ruined it for everyone else that afternoon!

There ought to be stricter rules or price increases for extras to be added, e.g. another £5 for a sketch or selfie. 

There was some dealer who pushed straight into john cleese auto he didnt even queue walked straight passed loads of diamond guests like he didnt have a care in the world and also someone walked through the exit of alyson hannigan photo booth and got a photo for free think they need to put a crew member on each exit nxt year just incase it happens again not crews fault but cheek of some people and some of the dealers are a joke too they ruin it for us when they take more to get signed they should have to get a vq ticket for each item would be a good idea 

7 hours ago, Baggieboi said:

If people were allowed to get 50 that's a disgrace. What an earth we're the staff doing to allowntjat?

normally the staff are very good surely they wouldn't allow this? 

As far as I know - as I posted a couple of times, I am not 100 percent familiar with the Dealers autograph tickets - this should not happen, this is correct. If it happened there was probably a reason, but as I was not at the Show I don't know of that reason. I said it a couple of Posts above, it is on my list of "things that came up during the Show".

4 hours ago, posey1234 said:

There was some dealer who pushed straight into john cleese auto he didnt even queue walked straight passed loads of diamond guests like he didnt have a care in the world and also someone walked through the exit of alyson hannigan photo booth and got a photo for free think they need to put a crew member on each exit nxt year just incase it happens again not crews fault but cheek of some people and some of the dealers are a joke too they ruin it for us when they take more to get signed they should have to get a vq ticket for each item would be a good idea 

If someone got in through the Exit and got a photo the Crew was Aware of that. Sometimes VIP guests go in through the Exit.

As I mentioned in another thread, I (and some others) felt it was unfair that a majority of VQ holders missed out on David Bradley due to Gold Pass holders getting priority.

But I feel it is more unfair that dealers can get away with dozens of autographs. They should be given the 5 auto limit just like everyone else, and only ask for more if the queue is open.

One concern is what can stop a Gold Pass holder from rejoining the queue after getting 5 autographs?

Couple ideas in my head are:

Slowly increase the VQ number as the day goes by i.e. 5 every hour or half hour.

Not sure if it will work out well due to costs, crew manpower, and/or layout, but an "express" queue system where those who only just want 1 autograph can join the queue earlier than those who want more than 1 (something similar to Alton Towers' single persons queue).