Weekend Highlights!

my favourite guests over the weekend

sarah douglas saying hello and me telling her how she creeped me out as a kid in superman II and conan the destroyer her reply glad I did

david Morrissey also had a small chat saying hello and asking me my name and saying enjoy the rest of the con

lisa marie varon asking me my name and then having a selfie photo with her behind her desk

William regal another one I had a chat to telling him how I watched him as a kid on the old wrestling tv show a world of sport and him replying I must be the last one of that dying breed.

and mark Williams told him how I liked him in doctor who and father brown and his reply i'm glad you do

valene kane she asked me my name and thanked me for coming to the show and enjoy the rest of the con

and mads milkkelson said hello as I gave him a photo of him in rogue one to sign and saying thank you and enjoy the rest of your day

and my diamond pass meet will weaton got his autograph on Saturday while waiting in the queue I heard someone say it was his birthday so as I went up to him and got him to sign a photo of him as Wesley crusher in star trek the next generation he said hi and I said hi and I wished him a happy birthday to which he smiled and said thank you

I went on Sat/Sun and had a great time. I'd been in 2015 and this year was SO much better in terms of layout etc. 

Some highlights: 

- Alyson Hannigan being so incredibly cheerful and telling me she loved my t-shirt (which I'd designed myself)

- Alan Tudyk's talk - very funny guy and I was lucky enough to get something from his "random bag of crap", haha. It's a signed crumpled magazine! So random! 

- Chris Judge being his usual giggly self and telling us about his best pranks (his trousers were brilliant too, lol)

- Getting a Buffy season 1 DVD signed by both Alyson and Alexis during their talk! 

- The great crew member running the Sunday morning photo shoot for Benedict Cumberbatch. He stayed patient despite a lot people not paying attention to his instructions, and when my mum explained I'm autistic and was feeling really anxious/panicky about the massive crowd (it seems bigger when you're sitting in a wheelchair somehow!) he was amazing and got us through quicker. He even spotted us afterwards and checked it had gone okay! :) 

- All the crew members and venue staff who were very helpful and friendly :) 

One guest who I feel needs some recognition is John Leeson.

What a lovely man! He was chatty, asked where I was from, and (in a moment that made me silently breakdown inside!) even spoke to me in his K-9 voice.

He also loved the poster I brought for him to sign, and was more than happy to do photos. He was in a word wonderful  :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

All the guests I got to meet were wonderful but a special mention goes to Richard Dean Anderson and Dean Cain. Richard was just so lovely and friendly, he was amazing and him remembering me the next day made me giddy :) and Dean Cain I'm convinced is actually a giant, lovable puppy in human disguise ;)

Alan Tudyk and his random bag of crap. And the toothpick. That talk was amazing, the whole diamond pass experience with him was amazing. And I got a sheet of the stickers he threw into the crowd at the end!

Dean Cain... as a teenager I was utterly in love with Clark Kent. As a *mumbles* year old I am possibly even more smitten, he was wonderful to meet. So glad I stretched my self to stay for his talk on Saturday (I was 95% done with the crowds by about 2pm, but managed to hang it out) because it was brilliant 'my wife really fancies you...' "YES! Whatever the question YES"

• Like 1

Tom Skerritt was lovely. I was worried I might not get his auto (being a diamond guest and his last UK event) but was surprised to see that he was open queue for most of the day!

He was a little quiet during the autograph but still asked my name and thanked me for coming. He even asked if I wanted him to write "Dallas" on my auto. He was lovely in the photoshoot too, and is one of my favourite photos yet!

The Edge and Christian podcast was one of the standout highlights, so funny in places, the mic failure to start with just set the tone. I may actually have to listen back to that one at somepoint. Oh and Regal just appearing out of nowhere to join them was great, some great insights from them.

Alay Tudyk and the bag of crap was another great talk, just took the show in his own direction, which was nice, sometimes the unprompted talks are the best ones. The Missi Pyle talk was also fun, she was so down to earth and happy to talk about anything, even the concept of her character in Dodgeball that didnt make it into the final script.

Special credits for making photo shoots more entertaining was Benedict Wong with music and dancing and Jessica Henwick with the iron. I actually only booked her shoot on the Friday evening for Saturday after seeing some pics she had done.

Had a really great time on the Saturday. Loved all the guests that I met, browsing the stalls and chatting to others while we were waiting in the queues.

Special mention for David Morrissey. I asked him what he thought would have happened if The Governor and Negan had ever met. His reply 'I would have kicked his ass!' :D

My highlight from the weekend was meeting Pamela Anderson as I have been a long time fan of hers since her Baywatch days.

I decided on Friday on getting 3 Playboy magazines signed (1989, 1990 and 1996)

Thanks to the crew at her queue on Friday who checked with Pamela early on when she had arrived for her signing. I think I was one of the first people to have their playboy magazines  signed on Friday. A bit nerve wracking to say the least and glad I brought them with me in the end.

The meet was excellent. Though I forgot my senses in Pam's presence. Out of habit I put my hand out to shake Pamela's hand and Pamela thankfully kindly reciprocated.

I smiled when Pamela lightheartedly needed to explain to the crew that one of my magazines (1990) was the centerfold edition and that she doesn't know why they don't have her appear on the cover. As it wasnt obvious that this edition contained Pamela in it. The 1989 edition only contained Pam on the cover only and is my favourite Playboy cover of hers.

I got one of my own 8 x 10 glamour photo's (non nude) and photoshoot photo signed and  personalised later on in the day.  

Pamela thanked me on complementing her on the great humanitarian and activist work she is doing. I would love to see Pamela back again. Thank you Pamela. One of the kindest guests I have had the pleasure to meet.

Edited by db570uk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phoebemonkey said:

I went on Sat/Sun and had a great time. I'd been in 2015 and this year was SO much better in terms of layout etc. 

Some highlights: 

- Alyson Hannigan being so incredibly cheerful and telling me she loved my t-shirt (which I'd designed myself)

- Alan Tudyk's talk - very funny guy and I was lucky enough to get something from his "random bag of crap", haha. It's a signed crumpled magazine! So random! 

- Chris Judge being his usual giggly self and telling us about his best pranks (his trousers were brilliant too, lol)

- Getting a Buffy season 1 DVD signed by both Alyson and Alexis during their talk! 

- The great crew member running the Sunday morning photo shoot for Benedict Cumberbatch. He stayed patient despite a lot people not paying attention to his instructions, and when my mum explained I'm autistic and was feeling really anxious/panicky about the massive crowd (it seems bigger when you're sitting in a wheelchair somehow!) he was amazing and got us through quicker. He even spotted us afterwards and checked it had gone okay! :) 

- All the crew members and venue staff who were very helpful and friendly :) 

Could have been worse it could have been a picture of me from Alan Tudyk;s bag of crap..lol he liked it as I looked evil.  On the plus side, I did get another hug from Sarah Douglas in my retaken photo

Kristian Nairn was great to meet, friendly and shook hands with everyone before the photo.

My daughter had photos with the Phelps twins, Benedict Cumberpatch and Mark Sheppard and said they were all brilliant.

We cosplayed characters from Supernatural - Castiel and she was Abadon. I was surprised so many people wanted to get photos with us and said they liked our cosplay. I got a fan girl scream when I held my FBI badge upside down (on purpose). And the two people dressed as Alfie were great.

Best comment was when I was sitting down waiting for Mark Sheppard’s photo shoot. Someone walked past and said very loudly so everyone could hear, ‘That’s the worst costume I’ve seen here all day’. Except he didn’t say ‘worst’ it was something rather more coarse. I looked up and there was Mark himself grinning at me. Loved it.

• Like 1

My top three would be:

Meeting Benedict Cumberbatch, he's pretty much my favourite actor of all time and asked my name just to say it was nice to meet me!

Emily Kinney, been wanting to get a drawing signed for a little while and she was just super relaxed and friendly overall!

And last but not least Benedict Wong, who happily carried his portable speaker around with him and was dancing in his photo session :lol:

• Like 3

Meeting Benedict Cumberbatch is definitely one of them! One of my dream guests!

Finally meeting Alan Tudyk and Natalie Dormer after years being on my list :D

Also loved meeting Pilou Asbaek, of the coolest guys I have met!

• Like 2

Meeting Benedict Cumberbatch, I wasn't expecting much of an interaction with him as I only had a photo with him but he shook my hand, said good morning and nice to meet you. Then thanked me and told me to have a great day. He was a complete gent and I was very impressed with how he took a moment to speak to everyone even though he was so busy, he must've taken 1000's of photos each day and still managed to make it a special moment for everyone.

Getting a hug from Finn Jones in the photo shoot. :wub:

Meeting Alyson Hannigan who was so sweet, I don't know why but I thought she might be a bit quiet but she seemed genuinely happy to be there and also took the time to speak to everyone and shake hands.

Meeting Alexis Denisof and chatting to him about Angel when I got his autograph, he was really friendly and was taking lots of time to speak to everyone. It meant his queue moved slowly but it was worth the wait!

Speaking to Tom Wilson, getting his autograph on my Back to the Future boxset and his response to me asking him how many people had asked him to call them a butthead. Which was "Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here!" :D Really didn't expect him to be so funny and he was really kind and chatty too. Wish I had got a photo with him, please bring him back to another event Showmasters!

• Like 1

On 30/07/2017 at 11:50 PM, SSiebum said:

Natalie Dormer, Steven Yeun and Finn Jones really made my weekend! But my favourite photo and experience was with Finn, he was amazing! I wanted to do a fun pose so I asked if we could squeeze each other's faces and he didn't mind it at all. :) Also very very happy that I finally got to meet Natalie and Steven! 

Finn is so sweet, isn't he? :smile::wub: