Weekend Highlights!

Having my photoshoot with Hodor, both of us holding KFC boxes.

Finally getting to meet David Bradley.

Purchasing my first ever Diamond Pass (Alan Tudyk).

My Where's Wally cosplay being more popular than my other cosplays.

• Like 1

Missi Pyle. What a lovely friendly chatty guest. Great price too. I mean, £15 for an auto, with a long chat and a selfie thrown in too. All the other guests I met were lovely but Missi Pyle just stood out for me. Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, Sebster118 said:

Having my photoshoot with Hodor, both of us holding KFC boxes.

Finally getting to meet David Bradley.

Purchasing my first ever Diamond Pass (Alan Tudyk).

My Where's Wally cosplay being more popular than my other cosplays.

ahaha priceless with Hodor and KFC.    kristian is lovely met him last year and got the hold the door shoot.  :)

• Like 1

Finally meeting biff! He was missing from our collection of autos. We were so worried about meeting him as had heard stories before about how he didn't like to sign bttf stuff et.mc but he was awesome. Full of energy and laugh, he was dabbing away with the kids, and strangling one too. The right kind of flirty (not at all creepy). He encouraged us to film his interactions with the kids which was fab. He def went above and beyond. Oh and he remembered most of our names (got mine wrong but remembered the other three) and took plenty of time too talk at the shoots as well as the auto.

chris Lloyd was slightly disappointing this time, we have seen him a couple of years ago and he was very talkative, all we got was a hello and thank you this time and he stumbled about quite a lot. Good for him doing this at 78 years old. 

• Like 2

Apart from the awesome guests, John Rhys Davies & RDA's great handshake, my favourite memories are the following:

Getting an autograph from Tricia Helfer and Michael Rosenbaum was chatting about a time he had diahorea.  Cracked me up no end. A bit later on I nearly walked into him on his way to a photo shoot and he apologised to me. Very funny man.

Getting my Kevin Smith photo near the end of his morning stint, just picked up my photo and was on my way out and Edge was standing waiting for his photo shoot. I stopped and stared at him, mumbled hi and scuttled off. Very embarrassing.

Told Chris Judge he had amazing trousers, not the coolest think to say, but they where truly something to behold.  Not sure I could get away with them.

• Like 1

Great weekend all round, but on Friday I made Mads laugh and by Saturday I had all my autos done on my ROTJ, Rogue One and Serenity posters as well as other autos. ;)

Got Tricia Helfers auto and talked to her about the ending of Battlestar, we were both plesently suprised by it, and she added a heart on the auto.:cylon:

Edge and Christians podcast was killer, oh so funny.:D

And lastly got great photos with alot of really nice people, not to mention my friends and I having stellar Big Bang photos. Loved all of it. :lol:

• Like 1

For me my top 3 where 

Steven Yeun

finally being able to meet him i have always enjoyed watching him as Glenn in TWD 

Matt Lucas

was amazing i have always admired him loved every thing he has been in and talked with him about not being able to go on tour with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer when they did there live tour for me he was the stand out guest of the weekend 

And thirdley Benedict Wong 

Had a really good chat with him about all his films i had a great laugh with he took his time in signing his auto as we where chatting about the Film Sunshine as it is one of my all time faverote films 

But all in all every guest i met where amazing thank you showmasters for a brilliant weekend role on 2018 cant wait 

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 2

I split my time between LFCC and YALC so did lots of different things, had a great time. Highlight would have to be having a photo with Benedict Cumberbatch. I was so nervous and worried I had blinked but the photo turned out rather nicely. I still can't believe it happened. 

• Like 2

Dean Cain made my weekend! Initially wasn't too excited to meet him as I was with some other bigger profile guests, but oh my goodness, that soon changed❤️ absolutely charming, chatting to guests and genuinely interested in seeing his fans. Got to his autograph table and he jumped up to hug me as he not only remembered my face but my name, after bumping into to him on the way to attend his photoshoot the previous day (to be fair, my name is Tuesday, so not a hard name to forget) but that personal touch really made my weekend! 

Edited by tcrafer
  • Like 2

Natalie Dormer, Steven Yeun and Finn Jones really made my weekend! But my favourite photo and experience was with Finn, he was amazing! I wanted to do a fun pose so I asked if we could squeeze each other's faces and he didn't mind it at all. :) Also very very happy that I finally got to meet Natalie and Steven! 

• Like 2

Benedict Cumberbatch was so sweet & friendly! Such a happy guy - seemed so smiley with everybody!

Also was super happy with Kevin Smith. Really funny guy, very chatty and gave great hugs. He gave me a huge squeeze and then complimented me on the little 'sway' we had whilst hugging. :lol:

Alan Tudyk was incredible! His talk on Saturday was fantastic, and he was lovely during my photo!

As always, a fantastic weekend! Roll on next year! :D

• Like 1

Meeting Michael Rosenbaum, Valene Kane, Dean Cain and Zoë Wanamaker.

Michael was fantastic! Went to his photoshoot on Friday morning, walked up to him and he said "I'm going to give you a massage." Got his auto later the same day, seen the dedication not and said, Jamie! I had you in the photoshoot earlier!" He was keeping Tiricia going throughout the day. (For those that seen it. The mask. ;)) Made it a highlight of the weekend.

Got an auto for Valene on Sunday and I was so glad I did. The moment I started talking her face lit up and asked me where I was from. (We're both from Northern Ireland, she coming from Newry, me a bit further north.) It just got me a bit that I was able to, not exactly make her day, but put a smile on her face, hearing an NI accent in a sea of different accents, really made my day yesterday. :clap:

Dean was great, too. Loved the Superman shirt I was wearing and asked about the One Ring necklace when I met him on Sunday, getting a laugh from him too. (Hopefully natural. lol)

Zoe was great, too! It seemed like she wanted to have a chat during the photoshoots and when I met her later on Saturday (just as the queue was about to close) she asked where I was from and said she knew of it (even if I kinda mumbled it and said it quickly), saying she had done a film in Belfast years ago.

Also, managed to get Tom Wilson's auto last minute on Friday on an Open Queue (a minute later it closed! :o), met RDA last at about 5 on Friday (we had VQ numbers of 93 and 95, the board went to 1 - 95 and we were on it in a flash!) and was generously handed a low VQ ticket for Benedict on Sunday as she had no money left. (If you're reading this, THANK YOU!)

• Like 1

Buying spur of the moment Diamond Pass for Mads while in the queue to collect my other Diamond Pass - best purchase of the weekend easily. 

However meeting the delight that was Pilou Asbaek was definitely the best moment. The most down to earth and lovely guest I've ever met!

• Like 2

I saw a guy go up to a young lady on Sunday, who was really upset that she wouldn't get to see Chris Lloyd (she has a VQ number in the 300s) -  he gave her his VQ ticket - number 12. 

That was a highlight for me, that and all the other random acts of kindness and helpfulness, from guests, crew and attendees. 

• Like 6

Loved meeting all the guests I booked with.  The ones that were my highlights

Sarah Douglas was absolutely lovely.

Getting a big smile & laugh from Bernard Cribbens after our photo shoot he said "thank you for coming" and saluted him and saying "Thank You Mr Poop-Decker(his character name in Carry on Jack)  Sir"

Kevin Smith who was awesome both getting an autograph and at his photo shoot.  Signed " I love you so much" even being male I don't mind because it's Kevin Smith !! Both are on their way to be framed this morning.

John Cleese who was so genuine and appreciative then I said "Thank You for making me laugh & smile throughout the years with your comedy  He said "thank you I appreciated it and it means a lot to me you saying that.

One unexpected highlight was being told being told a crew member that Alan Tudyk took away a rejected photo of me from my Sarah Douglas shoot (In Alan's words because I looked evil in it..lol) signed it and then gave it away in his talk.  So somewhere out there someone has a cherished procession of his signature which just so happens to be a picture of me...

Looking forward to 2018 already

Edited by Jabberwocky50

Did Friday this year for the first time ... so much better than Saturdays, nowhere near as busy or frantic. Will be doing Fridays in future.

Layout was so much better, loads of space, loads more stalls, more logic to where things were. Well done Showmasters.

Highlight was photo with Adrienne King (Friday the 13th). Only 15 of us for the shoot so Adrienne made sure she spent a bit of time chatting with each person. Longest I've had with a guest at a shoot ... she was asking our names and where we were from. 

After that I grabbed an autograph with Robbi Morgan (Friday the 13th as well) and she was a delight, happy to chat and came out from her table for a hug and photo.  Then Adrienne wandered over to say hi to her, and spotted me to ... and I got a hug!! Was stoked she actually remembered my name and we stood chatting for a few minutes.  Best two guests I've met at LFCC by far.

There were a couple of minor niggles during the visit. The disregard for batch numbers in one photo queue and the running out of folders in every photo area on Sunday but overall really enjoyed my day out :D

Loved meeting Benedict Cumberbatch. Couldn't get over how chatty he was in the photo shoot! 

Also meeting Joe Dinicol! What a lovely guy. So friendly and chatty. He seemed to be enjoying meeting everyone and was coming round in front of the table for pictures.

My 15 year old daughter came with me this year for the first time. I genuinely thought she'd be bored by all the waiting around but she loved every second of the day and can't wait to go again.

• Like 1

Here's some comments about some of the many guests I met:

Sarah Douglas - Such a lovely lady. Very friendly and makes you feel like her best friend even when her queue is long.

Mads Mikkelsen - Really cool guy and chatty.

Jeremy Bulloch - A true gent every time. What else can I say?

Alan Tudyk - Brilliant! - My signed photo is one of the best from the weekend.

Alicia Witt - Was so sweet. Loved chatting to her about her surprise return to Twin Peaks!

Terence Stamp - I was so scared about meeting him, but he didn't break my hand when I greeted him. A lovely man. I'm so glad for the opportunity to meet him.

Martin Gordon - A real trooper and very humble. It was his first event and couldn't believe how many people wanted to meet him.

Matt Lucas - A really funny guy and very nice. I couldn't believe we could have a photo at the desk with him. That was cool.

Louise Jameson - Another who spends time chatting and shows genuine interest in the people who meet her.

Nicola Bryant - Also chatty and friendly.

John Leeson - the best tin doggy in the world. He told me not to eat my autograph all at once!

Richard Franklin - I couldn't believe how popular he was, well I can - Star Wars! He was very apologetic for being late and walked down the queue and said hello. A great guy.

David Bradley - I had to wait until the end of the day to meet him, but it was worth every second. A great bloke who signed nicely and still took time to greet you despite being busy.

Michael Rosenbaum - bopping/ dancing at the photoshoot. Hmmm... ok...

The girl in the blue top looking after the David Bradley queue was superb. Thank you!

Chatted to loads of people in queues - thank you for keeping me company while waiting. I said this last time, I should have swapped details with some of you as we had so much in common.

The K-2SO Cosplayer - You are one gifted young lady. Your costume was the best I'd seen all weekend and probably at any Con.

• Like 1